Xbox 360 Have had it! FIX Arcwind Point!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrDSL

I just ran iinto this bug last night..I've had all 3 words for marked for death for quite some time..

I dont normally use shouts much but I decided to use the greybeards to track down some word walls..

My memory isnt that great but im pretty sure this is the quest thats frozen for me..

Its the one where the Dragon Priest pops out right before you get to the wall right?

What I want to know is if you kill that Dragon Priest is he dropping a mask for you?

I have 7 dragon masks and cant seem to find the 8th one and if its because of this bug im gonna be mad!

So since I can never use grey beards for any word walls i went ahead and killed Paarthurnax so I could finish the Blades quest line since the greybeards are useless to me now.

I still love the game its just fustrating when I cant get stuff because of stupid bugs..

I had to load 3 times last night on the dark assassins quest line because it would start a new screen load after a certain spot. third time it finally came up luckily.

JClarke1953

It does if you get sent there. Although I did notice on my other char that Arngier didn't say,"This will be our last gift to you," as I went up to see Paarthurnax.

So far, with 3 char's, I've had to just go ahead and by-pass Arcwind. I make saves before I go inside Hrothgar, and if he has Arcwind on his agenda for me, I back up several saves, and most of the time he'll give another location. Which is why one should make frequent saves, especially in a ruin of dungeon, that way very little has to be done over again.

And there's been a time or two where I'd go thru an entire quest again, just to get a different location.
And, there are Word Wall's on Sol as well, so I'm hoping that getting those will help with Arcwind.

I was told by Bethesda last Spring that there were conflicts because of the similarity of the Dismay shout's, they're "interfering" with Arcwind.. But hey, what do I know.

MrDSL

It does if you get sent there. Although I did notice on my other char that Arngier didn't say,"This will be our last gift to you," as I went up to see Paarthurnax.

So far, with 3 char's, I've had to just go ahead and by-pass Arcwind. I make saves before I go inside Hrothgar, and if he has Arcwind on his agenda for me, I back up several saves, and most of the time he'll give another location. Which is why one should make frequent saves, especially in a ruin of dungeon, that way very little has to be done over again.

And there's been a time or two where I'd go thru an entire quest again, just to get a different location.

Are we talking about the same location? My memory isnt that good but im pretty sure..

I did get sent there by Arngier and got the word wall but the quest wont complete so no more help from them..

Apparently I need to make a log of what I can and can not do to avoid as many bugs as I can if I decide to make another character.

JClarke1953

Yeh, we are. I've been at Bethesda since early Spring of last year about it. There are possible workarounds, but frankly, I'm tired of the procedure. Mainly because it would have to be repeated several times over until all of the Word's had been received by the Dragonborn.

To avoid getting sent there, I do what I posted in the above post, back up a good bit and then see Arngier again. Thing is, after a few times, it doesn't work anymore (I have maybe 6-8 Word's left to get on my #2 char), so, you have to hope courier's show up, or, just do without the Word's and the achievement status.

MrDSL

Did the Dragon Priest drop a mask at that location?

I have 7 so far and maybe he just doesnt but i was curious..

The Dragon Priest at that location will pop out everytime I go there..

mrlymric

k took another character thru dawngaurd and arcwind point and i got all 3 words again of Drain vitality and again no glicthes or bugs, sorry i can't say anything that can help those who having a problem with this area :sadface:

You may check this site out Marked For Death - The Elder Scrolls Wiki
about the marked of death and drain vitality bug, i had no bug or glitch problems,just letting you all know.

I just give out advice of things to make sure of your system and game si all up to date.

Now about WoW and this game is completely different, WoW is an mmo where there is over 20 million plp playing it 24/7 around the world, so yes they do there weekly maintence ect... because they are working with players on a real game that is an online game so always plp being on no matter what. Plus they do have there bugs and glitches even after they apply patches, now to say its b;izzard fault or the players pc, because every player playing WoW is playing ona pc they have diff video cards, more or less ram ect,,,, over a hundred diff types of pc setups, so the bugs and glitches can be iether blizzard or player's pc problems

This game is not that way, right now bethesda is working on the skyrim game of the year edition for the ps 3 players so they can atleast play the game with no major problems the players have right now on ps3 plus getting all the dlc's made and corrected for ps3

OI myself i have put in 500 hours of skyrim and i have maybe out of that 500 hours i have my system locked up (frozen screen) 4 times and couple of bugs here and there, are they major problems ? NO

Every person who plays skyrim on pc or xbox 360 has there own setup so again the bugs and glitche mayby comming from your own system you playing skyrim on, that is why i suggestd mak sure your system is up todate on all patches and make sure your game slyrim is up todate on all patches and then dlc's installed then again rechecking patches for those dlc's you installed.

NOW before you go hollering at me just in case LOL not all of us are having these major problems, if everypne was having 1 major problem over and over and over THEN yes bethesda would step in with a patch but if you have, say for example 20 mill plp playing skyrim and 10% are having that major problem, then NO bethesda will not jump in and fix it right away cause it is not affecting the majority of people. they will get around to fixing the problem nonce thee done working on other serious problems in there games that is taking priority atm.

Yes it sucks i agree that bethesda doesn't give out patches every week ect... to cater to everyon's problems there having with the game, but every Game Company ( not just besthesda) has there bugs and glitches ect.. that is life. and they will get around to giving out atches and fix those problems, but again if it's not a huge majority of plp havng that same problem then there won't be an immediate fix.

I am sorry if i made anyone upset, i am just stating the facts of gaming and gaming world of players. :):):)

Also all this i said has nothing to do with ps3 skyrim since we know already that bethesda is working on a new game of year edition that will have the latests patches for the game and all dlc' and ps3 players will have there game around march-may

Jouni

Hello all.
I'm new on here but I needed to register to say that even though thia bug is frustraiting there is a fix.
I got it fixed by getting 4-5 random shouts around Skyrim.
I'm more annoyed by the fact that Dawnguard all in all is one huge bug that should be fixed.
I had to start it again when I couldn't talk to moth priest. Not even by using calm staff, calm spell or calm scroll.
When playing Dawnguard the need of saving often is the key I personally forget so often.

MrDSL

So you just randomly found 4-5 shout walls and it just completed on its own?

I haven't went after anymore shouts since this happened cause I dont use them that much and have most the ones I like.

Jouni

So you just randomly found 4-5 shout walls and it just completed on its own?

I haven't went after anymore shouts since this happened cause I dont use them that much and have most the ones I like.

Almost random. With a little help from Internet.
Yes, it just completed itself.
But I found out that no matter what after completion Arngeir sends you
back to Arcwind and the glitch starts over again. XD

Yes, actually I wouldn't need anymore shouts either - already have the ones I like.

JClarke1953

That's pretty much the whole problem. At least for me it is, as the "Word of Power at Arcwind Point" never leaves the quest log. So, as long as the quest is there, no more can be gotten from Arngier or courier's. I've not tried just using Google to just go ahead and find them all, but with the char I have now, I think I will.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts