Xbox 360 Have had it! FIX Arcwind Point!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

Well, it seems that no matter what, Dawnguard HAS to be uninstalled, then reinstalled to get Arcwind Point Word of Power. Thing is, it isn't going to matter which word, because any of them will do this at Arcwind. You lose EVERYTHING you did on Dawnguard, you can't save it to another medium, as when you put what you saved back into the game, Arcwind Point never happened.

And, you cannot get Arcwind Point unless you have Dawnguard installed. When you do that ALL of the Dawnguard quests, or ANY quest you did with Selana is GONE.

Bethesda has really disappointed me at least! They know this is a major issue, yet have done nothing.

JClarke1953

I dunno, this thing with Arcwind has been there since March. I did complete, more or less already, but, I did without getting anymore Word's when I left Arcwind in the quest log, even tho' I had gotten the Word. The only other Word I got was Dragonrend from before when I just got the Word from Arcwind, and it remaining in the quest log. No courier's, letter's from a friend or anything came about even after the war was "over".

So, in order to get ALL of the Word's, you have to get them before you do anything with the Dawnguard. Because each time you get sent to Arcwind, you'll have to uninstall Dawnguard, go back into the game without it to see there's no Word Wall, reinstall Dawnguard, then get the Word. OR, go to the save you had before getting Arcwind, and the Greybeard might assign another location. Either or, to get ALL of the Word's, you cannot do anything with Dawnguard.

I did call Bethesda, and was told that it has to do with a conflict on Marked for Death and Drain Vitality (Stamina, Majika). But all these Monty's and they've done nothing? I hope it's not expected of we consumer's to fork out $$$$ for their game's anymore if this is going to be their SOP.

JClarke1953

Well, I'm going to try to get the third Word for Marked For Death, and see what happens when Arcwind Point comes up again. No working anything else until I see if I can get it done, and I'm pretty tenacious, because I'll battle a foe for quite some time, trying different tactic's, weapon's and cast's until they are down.

PoisonPen

Bethesda has a well-deserved reputation for releasing unfinishing bugware and using its paying customers as beta-testers. On the PC, we always get an unofficial bug fix patch made by dozens of people donating their time to repair things which should have been done by Bethesda if they weren't too busy snorting primo Colombian flake off the breasts of $2000 a night hookers while hundred dollar bills flutter down on them like expensive rain.

What on earth makes you think Bethesda gives a single fsck about you once they've got your money? You know they've been releasing shoddily-made software for at least a decade. It's not like you didn't know. Google the word "Bugthesda" and see how many tens of thousands of hits come up. Bethesda will start caring the instant enough people get angry enough to stop buying their games, and not one nanosecond before.

JClarke1953

Bethesda has a well-deserved reputation for releasing unfinishing bugware and using its paying customers as beta-testers. On the PC, we always get an unofficial bug fix patch made by dozens of people donating their time to repair things which should have been done by Bethesda if they weren't too busy snorting primo Colombian flake off the breasts of $2000 a night hookers while hundred dollar bills flutter down on them like expensive rain.

What on earth makes you think Bethesda gives a single fsck about you once they've got your money? You know they've been releasing shoddily-made software for at least a decade. It's not like you didn't know. Google the word "Bugthesda" and see how many tens of thousands of hits come up. Bethesda will start caring the instant enough people get angry enough to stop buying their games, and not one nanosecond before.

Actually, this is my first time buying anything from them, much less a video game. I used to play WoW a few year's ago, but very rarely on a game console like XBox 360. The only reason I am is the console belongs to our son, who is in Okinawa for 2-year's with the USMC. So, rather than let it sit in his room unused for that long, I brought it up to the living room, and hooked it in with my Sony 3-D Surround Sound Blue Ray to a 56"LCD Bravia. beautiful eye candy!

If I HAD know how "Bugthesda" game's are, I would not have bought it. I definitely would have looked for something else. The good thing I can say about Skyrim is that it forces me to try to remember what my char has as far as casting skill's at opponent's. There is a lot to keep in mind and remember for this disabled Old N00b. But, if THIS is how Bethesda conducts business, I will NOT be buying anymore of their games. I will find something else.

What bemuses me is that so many other game-maker's can put out games for all three platform's, PC, PS3 and XBox without all of the fallout Skyrim has. But, I'll keep on with it just to see if I can work it, work around the problems Bethesda left just to see if I can.

JClarke1953

Yeah so nobody has gotten this Arcwind point mission finished?

I don't know really. I'm going to keep trying just to see. Bethesda told me if all 3 Word's of Power for "Marked for Death" are gotten, Arcwind shouldn't present anymore problems. They say there is some kind of conflict between that Word of Power and the first "Dismay" listed on Shout's.

So, I'm going to do what I can to avoid anymore trip's to Arcwind until I have all 3 Word's of Power for "Marked for Death". No trip's to join Dawnguard or anything until I can get that done. Mainly just to see if it CAN be done. And I know I think I have hassle's, but I read the forum's, and read how bad PC and PS3 user's have it as far as the difficulties with this game.

I don't know, but maybe a LOT of letter's via snail mail, and email's to them about this, and our reluctance to buy anything more from them "might" help, I don't know. Bethesda seems like they're going to do what they're going to do. And we as consumer's just have to take our chances I guess.

Like with Reckoning, I thoroughly enjoyed that game, but it seems there will be no more of it since the studio (Curt Shilling) defaulted on a huge loan from Rhode Island. And there's not much on who will pick it up to continue the storyline.

JClarke1953

Well, what's really strange, and I told this to Bezthesda so they'd know how REALLY screwed up this is. After uninstalling Dawnguard twice, I STILL have all 3 Scroll's in my inventory. I can't drop or sell them. I also still have Auriel's Bow and over 4-dozen Sunhallowed Elven Arrow's.

This is getting to show more and more exactly how Bethesda does their work. I also still have my Artherial Crown, which I went after with Selana. I shouldn't have a lot of thing's I still have in my inventory or stored after twice removing Dawnguard. Oh well...

JClarke1953

ROFL! Get this, after having uninstalled DG 2x, and seeing that I'd have to go thru the cave to get to them, I accidentally moved my map too far, and saw Ft. Dawnguard open for fast travel. Which was nice as I had quest's to turn in. AND, Selana was there.

I mean, just how bad of a mess did Bethesda make? Ft. Dawnguard has been "blacked out" for fast travel until a bit ago when I scrolled my map. This is getting more strange...

JClarke1953

Oh €£¥#%¥€£! This is rich. Bethesda "fixed" the workaround for Arcwind point! So, uninstalling, then reinstalling doesn't work anymore! Once you get sent to Arcwind Point by Arngier, you might as well forget getting anymore Word's of Power from the Greybeard's or by "Letter From A Friend"!

The son o gun's will mess with a workaround, but won't fix the original problem! I've sat here and uninstalled/reinstalled DG 4x and there's no more getting around it. Ft. Dawnguard is visible now, and can be fast traveled to. Oh, and I StILL have all 3 Scroll's! And I suspect Selana is back in there where I'd seen her earlier.

So, I'm going to get the 3rd Word for Marked For Death (yeh, in the Dark Brotherhood's hideout), and hope that I wasn't misled by Bethesda telling me getting that last Word will settle the conflict.

It doesn't! I went into the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, got the final Word for Marked For Death, then after 3 more Word's, got Arcwind Point. It's STILL on my quest log!

Guess that's kind of it then!

ShonNutting

Well actaully uninstalling DG does still work. I just ran into this glitch. Alls i did was save at the steps that lead up to the wall....uninstall DG, Load my game then save. Then i reinstalled DG and loaded my game. At this point when i went back to the wall there were 3 words glowing and wouldnt let me learn them. so i fast traveled away then back. The wall let me learn the right word and it completed my quest.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Ah, so that's why that happened. I had almost all of the words, anyway, so it really didn't bother me all that much.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Only issue I've seem to had from Dawnguard is I got 3 shouts that are the same, just slightly different. But named the same.

Moris

I get bugs. I get glitches. Sometimes the graphics bug out. I get the occasional CTD. Annoying.

For $60, I have gotten over 1100 hours of gameplay. Hmm. Lessee.... oh, that comes to a bit more than a nickel an hour.

A couple of weeks ago, I paid $17.50 to watch a 2:45 hr long movie.

I should be screaming bloody freakin' murder at that Peter Jackson guy. How dare he charge more than 15 cents??

In other words, I feel I get my money's worth. The popularity of the franchise, from the beginning, among old time players suggests that people play in spite of bugs because when everything is considered, whether or not you get to do a particular dungeon with a particular character or you manage to get every single possible "Thu'um" isn't all that important.

If you want to play for completion of EVERYTHING, you probably shouldn't be playing on a console.

mrlymric

Hmm i have had np with all of dawnguard quests, getting all my words and i play on xbox 360, get occasional freeze bug but very rarely and i have in so far close to 500 hours of game play.

I been buying games from bethesda ever since they started making games, sure a few bugs and glictches here and there but as a game addict and colllector of over 3000 games., you will NOT find 1 game that has zero bugs or glitches regardless you on console or pc. If you are having problems on xbox 360, make sure first your system is up to date on all it patches then make sure you all have the up to date patches for skyrim. Hopes this help you all out that seems to be having major problems, just trying to help out not meaning to be a know it all or anything like that :):):)

JClarke1953

Only issue I've seem to had from Dawnguard is I got 3 shouts that are the same, just slightly different. But named the same.

If they're in the Dismay section, take a look again. The Shout's have different point's per x-amount of time for Majika, stam and health.

I thought about trying that workaround again, but I think it's just too big a hassle. It's just SAD of Bethesda to NOT fix a problem they've known about since before Spring of 2012.

All I do at Arcwind is to pay a visit to the Dragon to kill it and loot it, plus the Dragon Priest. They usually have decent stuff to DE or sell.

JClarke1953

Hmm i have had np with all of dawnguard quests, getting all my words and i play on xbox 360, get occasional freeze bug but very rarely and i have in so far close to 500 hours of game play.

I been buying games from bethesda ever since they started making games, sure a few bugs and glictches here and there but as a game addict and colllector of over 3000 games., you will NOT find 1 game that has zero bugs or glitches regardless you on console or pc. If you are having problems on xbox 360, make sure first your system is up to date on all it patches then make sure you all have the up to date patches for skyrim. Hopes this help you all out that seems to be having major problems, just trying to help out not meaning to be a know it all or anything like that :):):)

True that! Thing is, this game has more than its share of glitches and bug's, and even worse, Bethesda is more concerned about future game's than doing the work to at least fix some of the major problems. If the other gaming companies can put out patches and fixes, why can't Bethesda. WoW is a good example. When I played a few year's ago, there were updates/fixes/patches almost every other week. They'd even put up a warning saying they would be down until x-time until x-time. And many other game maker's will do what they can to fix what problems might arise from their game's.

So why won't you Bethesda? :sadface:

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Because this isn't that major of a glitch? It doesn't stop you from learning other words of power, right? Maybe it's because I started on Morrowind, but the lack of a quest marker for one minor quest isn't a game breaker to me.

Now, if this glitch actually prevented me from learning any other words I came across, then there would be a problem.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts