Spoiler Has anyone found...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

redrkt

Premium Member
The other invisible chests for the other traders? Or is the one under skyforge for Ri'saad?

redrkt

Premium Member
yes, in addition to the Dawnstar one. I am thinking there is one for each of the Khajit Caravans.

Matharred

I just located an invisible chest that lies literally inches from the Khajiit merchant Ma'dran when his tent is set up outside Solitude. Sadly, I dont believe it is his. I tried to do the same "loot-kill-loot-kill" routine that can be done with the Dawnstar merchant, but when I tried it for the first few times it didnt restock or change the contents of the chest in the ground. In fact, his gold was 792 when the gold in the chest near him only had 750 just like the Dawnstar merchant. So it cant be his chest, even though the items resemble the stock these merchants carry (Soul Gems, Potions-a-plenty, similar gear, Ingots) I dont think it would be a duplicate of the Dawnstar chest though, that wouldnt make sense... But its something I'll check out eventually.

I am currently trying to find the other chest near Ri'saad's location outside of Markarth. Apparently it can be found by searching on or near a wall behind/around his camp site on the side nearest the river. No luck yet, but I dont even know if Im searching the correct wall(s).

My theory is that the creators may have thought we'd find these chests so they seperated Ri'saalds and Ma'drans chests to be on opposite sides of the world from their respective owners to avoid exploitation. This would really piss me off, considering the fact that the chest near Ma'dran is so close to him I could swing to kill AND loot the chest without taking a single step vs the long walk to and from the Dawnstar merchant and her chest. Took me a few hours to find the one near Ma'dran.

I'll repost if I can find Ri'saads chest and possibly prove this to be true. Otherwise i'd love more insight on this as well from anyone else familiar with these merchants and their hidden stuffs.

EDIT:
Yup... I was right. I didnt locate the "wall chest" yet, but the contents of the invisible chest near Ma'dran belong to Ri'saad. I looted the chest, found Ri'saad at his camp near Markarth, browsed his stock and he had 0 gold and no soul gems. I saved, killed him, reloaded, checked his store to make sure he had money, fast traveled back to Solitude to check the chest and it was restocked from the save-kill routine with the same amount of money Ri'saad was just carrying. No doubt now that Ma'drans chest is the one hidden near Ri'saads camp as well. What a pity.

redrkt

Premium Member
why save and kill when all you have to do is wait 48 hours (in-game) and then go talk to them again?

Matharred

I only figured it to be a faster process than waiting all that time. Waiting 48hrs works well for normal shopkeepers, but these merchants roam constantly; So waiting always presents the issue of them disappearing from their stationary positions you find them in causing you to either wait even longer for them to return or to leave and come back eventually to speak with them again for their chest to restock. And the method Ive been using avoids spending (in game) time trying to fill back up off of their inv; Although this probably doesnt make a difference to some gamers, it bugs the hell out of me spending more days (in game) than need be. Loot Chest, Save, Kill, Reload, Speak to Merchant; Rinse and Repeat... Thats just how ive been handling it. Makes the Dawnstar Chest/Ahkari combo a breeze for collecting soul gems, gold, enchants, ingots, and potions to power level smithing and enchanting early in the game (I had full Daedric weapons/armour with ice/fire damage, stamina bonus's and health absorb before fighting my first Dragon) Hence my frustration with these other two chests being so far apart from their counterparts.
But regardless of all this, its still a hassle to use these chests consistantly for farming loot. With or without the (in game) waiting process, just considering the fact that they lie on opposite ends of the map from their owners makes this a lost cause IMO. Although its still exciting to know where to find these stock chests.
Im going to locate the other chest today hopefully and I'll post some screens showing these other two specific chest locations for anyone who hasnt found them yet. Easier than painstakingly describing their locations to you, its kind of ridiculous. I couldnt find any video or images anywhere online for either of these, but maybe I just didnt look hard enough. I did find some descriptions though.

Matharred

I finally found the invisible chest near Ri'saad that holds the inventory of Ma'dran. Here are some screens I took using my phone. (Forgive the quality, I just used my phone cam to snapshot the TV)

Ma'drans Camp - For those who dont know the location
Inside Ma'drans Tent - Heres where to look for the chest
Chest Location Inside Tent - The actual location of the chest (Ri'saads Inventory)
Ma'drans Camp (Vacant) - When Ma'dran leaves the location looks different
Green Bush - Heres where to look for the chest when Ma'dran isnt present
Chest Location Under Green Bush - The actual location of the chest (Ri'saads Inventory)

Ri'saads Camp - For those who dont know the location
Rock Wall - Heres where to look for the chest
Chest Location Behind Wall - The actual location of the chest (Ma'drans Inventory)

Hope these are helpful!
There are more thorough descriptions with each picture here.
I'd post screens of the Dawnstar chest too, but thats basically just common knowledge.
Any questions/issues, just ask.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
The other invisible chests for the other traders? Or is the one under skyforge for Ri'saad?

The Chest under the Skyforge is connected to Eorland Greymane actually.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts