Spoiler Has anyone done the Vampire side quests?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NewZodiac

I checked on the Wiki and UESP.net for info on the different vampire side quests, but they are all lacking an incredible amount of information.

I was hoping that if someone has indeed completed all, if not some, of the vampire side quests, that they could let me know what they're about/what the outcome is (which is why I put spoiler in my thread title).

UESP has a quest called "The Gift" listed, saying only that you have to turn your wife in to a vampire. When you do, does your wife have different dialogue? Do her eyes change accordingly? Does she move to the castle if you ask her to? What changes, if anything?

And one other quest that is listed is "Protecting the Bloodline". It says that you must turn someone in to a vampire and bring them back to the castle. Does this quest spawn random NPCs (like the DB quests) for you to change? Or does it actually give you named NPCs to turn? Do these turned NPCs become followers, or do they just stay at the castle?

Any info would be appreciated!

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Most of the quests are repeatable but some of the good ones can get you some great vampire rings and amulets. The others increase the effects of the blood chalice. One of the others takes you to fort Dawnguard and you have to massacre all the leaders. Most of the others are just killing Dawnguard spies, framing them, getting rid of lesser vampires or passing on the gift of the vampire to selected NPCs.

NewZodiac

Most of the quests are repeatable but some of the good ones can get you some great vampire rings and amulets. The others increase the effects of the blood chalice. One of the others takes you to fort Dawnguard and you have to massacre all the leaders. Most of the others are just killing Dawnguard spies, framing them, getting rid of lesser vampires or passing on the gift of the vampire to selected NPCs.

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really answer my questions.

I'm looking for details for the two side quests I mentioned.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really answer my questions.

I'm looking for details for the two side quests I mentioned.
Sorry I should have been clearer. I believe "the protecting the bloodline" quest i the one where you have to hunt down and kill a master vampire in a dungeon somewhere and "The gift" doesn't just refer to your spouse it is the one where you must turn a given NPC.

Travern1139

king of the altmerie dominion
well the main side quests for vampires are based around turning people in cities, the vampire high elf will send you to use your vampire seduction and bite them, he tells you to do it away from praying eyes and that the next time you visit the person who you welcomed to the family will be very appreciative of their gift. other side quest is where you get sent to a random cave, fort etc to recover a part from an ancient vampire which increases the power of the chalice. the same guy that gives you that quest will also give you quests to and obtain necklaces and rings which benefit you when your in vampire lord form, again the location is randomly generated. you can obtain a total of 2 amulets and 2 rings. one of the necklaces increases the time the summoned gargoyle can stay by 30 seconds, the other makes your bats absorb life. one of the rings will give you an extra 100 magika and it will regenerate faster, the other i can't exactly remember but it has to do with attacks in vampire form. other side quests to go to another random location and kill a lesser vampire. and the final side quest is to get dressed up as a dawnguard and go to a town an kill a random person it will tell you that it should be a high target aka someone in the jarls court or a shop owner. sometimes it will be slightly different and it will tell you to kill a disguised dawnguard discreetly, all these quests except the ones for the amulets and rings are repetitive, the one where you have to kill the dawnguard leaders isn't really a side quest, but isn't quite the main quest but it all links in. these are the side quests there are no other quests other than the main quests.

ConfusedPenguin

If in doubt , ask M'aiq The Liar.
Does something happen once you complete all , or a certain amount , of assignments? Like in the Thieves Guild you become the official guild master , is there something like that?

Travern1139

after you finish the main quest
aka killing harkon and killing tha dawnguard leader you become their leader
but there is no end to the side quests they are pretty much like the dark brotherhood forever quests

NewZodiac

after you finish the main quest
aka killing harkon and killing tha dawnguard leader you become their leader
but there is no end to the side quests they are pretty much like the dark brotherhood forever quests

So there is no side quest for turning your wife in to a vampire?

Travern1139

there is i did some research but i married virkas so thats maybe why it never came up...but there is a quest to do that...most people i speak to tend to marry someone in the companions so this quest won't pop up for obvious reasons. but yes there is. im not sure what the effects of turning your husband/wife are but i'm gonna find out today! hopefully...

Pontus

I checked on the Wiki and UESP.net for info on the different vampire side quests, but they are all lacking an incredible amount of information.

I was hoping that if someone has indeed completed all, if not some, of the vampire side quests, that they could let me know what they're about/what the outcome is (which is why I put spoiler in my thread title).

UESP has a quest called "The Gift" listed, saying only that you have to turn your wife in to a vampire. When you do, does your wife have different dialogue? Do her eyes change accordingly? Does she move to the castle if you ask her to? What changes, if anything?

And one other quest that is listed is "Protecting the Bloodline". It says that you must turn someone in to a vampire and bring them back to the castle. Does this quest spawn random NPCs (like the DB quests) for you to change? Or does it actually give you named NPCs to turn? Do these turned NPCs become followers, or do they just stay at the castle?

Any info would be appreciated!

Yes i just finished that quest when you turn your wife/husband. I turned Brelyna Maryon and she got the old vampire eyes. and she doesnt get any new dialouge. The only new thing she said to me was something about that she didnt think colours could be so bright in the the dark, or something like that:p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts