Harsh Master quest. Target already dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kichigai_m

I just got a quest from Kjar from Windhelm to kill a bandit leader, Linwe in Uttering Hills Cave. Problem is I already killed him during a thieves guild quest to take out the Summerset Shadows.

So what can I do? The little arrow is pointed on his dead corpse. Is there a way I can reset him?

Bones DC

Kichigai_m isn't alone. Same issue is happening to me now. Instead of spawning a bandit garrison that cave re-populated the summerset shadows aside from Linwe who is still very much dead.

Doubtful there is anything to be done about it, just take it off highlighting and forget it exists. I'm just hoping this won't keep me from having the opportunity to be a thane in Windhelm.

kichigai_m

Oh I eventually found a way to bring back Linwe. As much as I hate using the console panel, it's the only way to fix this.

Open the console panel and click on Linwe's body. Then type resurrect. That should bring him back from the dead so you can finish the quest. If it doesn't work the first time around, just keep clicking and repeating until his right ID displays. (Mostly clicking his head helps)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts