• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrDSL

I'm sure this is old news but I never bothered with doing these quests with Sorine till now.

The quests are worth it for the simple fact my followers will correctly use them over their default bow...

I was getting so irritated when my followers would use their default bow over anything else I would give them. Not anymore.

JoeReese

My followers will use the standard crossbow, but not the Dwarven for some reason. They carry it around, aim it, but never shoot it. Going back to standard crossbow, though, they fire some bad guys up.

You can fix the default bow issue by looking up (uespwiki/google, or go to a forge and look at them) the base (no perks or smithing) damage of the bow and arrows, and then making sure the combo falls between 15 and 22. I usually give followers a (12 pt.) Dwarven bow and (10 pt.) steel arrows, which they will use well. The Dwarven bow can then be upsmithed and enchanted without a problem, but if someone shoots them with say an Elven arrow, they will adopt it and start shooting it back. Since the combo then goes over 22, they use their default bow to do so. Check your followers frequently to make sure they only have their steel (or leave them with iron) arrows on them.

Brewman

Do I look worried?
Love the crossbow, never thought to give one to my follower, I'll have to try that thanks!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
followers with crossbows are good but the best bow iv found that followers always use is Zephr. it has an awesome rate of fire and if given with a heap of steel arrows (which i always collect but never use) it can be upgraded and used wihout an issue. my wife (janessa) is a ranger and pretty picky but she loves it so that must say something... :p

Brewman

Do I look worried?
followers with crossbows are good but the best bow iv found that followers always use is Zephr. it has an awesome rate of fire and if given with a heap of steel arrows (which i always collect but never use) it can be upgraded and used wihout an issue. my wife (janessa) is a ranger and pretty picky but she loves it so that must say something... :p
I made my wife a legendary Daedric bow , she uses the hell out of that thing lol, I'll check and see if the Zepher is better, it would be nice to use it fir something since its all I got from the quest :sadface:glitch:sadface:

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I made my wife a legendary Daedric bow , she uses the hell out of that thing lol, I'll check and see if the Zepher is better, it would be nice to use it fir something since its all I got from the quest :sadface:glitch:sadface:

didnt you get any aetherial items? What bummer mate!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
My last character made matching dragonbone bows for herself and her follower Annekke. She used the bow almost all the time. But I did have a problem with her loosing it to Deathlords with disarm shouts. I use the dwarven enhanced crossbow almost exclusively.

Swingbo

After Sorine told me how to make crossbows and when I went to look at what I needed it said firewood I thought," What on earth does firewood look like, is it some kind of flaming tree." And just a few days ago I had a moment of "I am so stupid" when I realized what it meant.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts