• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Is it just me or has Dolmas gotten a lot more grimdark. I could see this being a very abusive relationship for Alice.

And if he goes after Cilla...

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I'm actually debating him going after anyone. This version of Dolmas is a much, much more experienced and leveled one. He's loved and lost, many times. Valen's had many a field day, it would seem.

He's also quite older than previous iterations. But that is all I'll say on that front.

I'm just not certain yet what I'll want him to do with that type of subplot.

If he does, it'll be a small ways in before his mind would wander to that sort of thing.

Last edited:

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    The rp thread will be up in due time. We're waiting to fill that last spot, as I want to make sure everyone's going to have an equal chance when we get started.

Speaking of which, would you all prefer a reason as to why you'd be arriving to Rorikstead, or just wandering in? Maybe both, maybe neither? Let me probe your brains.

Viarco Strong-Head

By Azura, By Azura, By AzuUURUURAUURAARA
    (Took some major "lore liberties" with this one, so if I broke canon in any way I apologize.)

"Vanus, you know I have the utmost respect and faith in you and your abilities. But, put simply, this is suicide."

A member of the Mages' Guild Vanus Galerion had formed, and a good friend of the Altmer's ever since they had met on the Isle of Artaeum, Salanmo was preparing himself for what he, Vanus, and countless other mages were about to do. Mannimarco, the King of Worms, laid in wait somewhere in the northern part of the Summerset Isles, and the Mages meant to set out and end the threat he posed to Tamriel. The two High Elves were making their final preparations, along with the other Mages and knights of the Order of the Lamp they had amassed, to battle the necromancer.

"Who else stands to do this, Salanmo? Who else CAN do this? You know all too well what Mannimarco will be able to do should someone not act."

Salanmo could tell that his friend was ludicrously, justifiably stressed, and he put a hand on his shoulder. "I do know, Vanus. But I also know that if we recklessly throw ourselves into something like this, there will be no one to stand in his way. We can't rush into this kind of battle, warranting the loss of countless lives, and not truly know what we're up against."

Letting out a sigh of exasperation, Vanus nodded as he gently lifted Salanmo's hand off his shoulder. "I agree, old friend. Ever since the Order sent Mannimarco away, I've been toiling on this, wondering if it would get to this point. And it has."

The two Altmer turned and looked at the Mages and knights readying themselves to fight in the expanse they were standing in front of. They saw faces hailing from all parts of Tamriel; their Altmer compatriots, as well as all types of Elves, Imperials, Bretons, even the occasional Nord. All of them held a steely determination in their eyes; all of them were ready for Vanus to lead them.

"Look at these men and women. They've left their families, the comfort of their homes, everything to join this fight. To save Tamriel from the monster that Mannimarco is, if not on his way to becoming. Have you ever seen such a fire from the hearts of men as you see right now? Such a love for the land of Tamriel they call home?"

Salanmo stood in observance along with Vanus. He could not only see the fire they carried in their hearts, but he could feel it too; all of them putting their trust in Vanus that this was for the greater good. And he, the Altmer mage supposed, was of a similar state of mind in that regard.

"In the spirit of transparency, Salanmo, part of me is afraid," Vanus continued. "Afraid of what I'm leading you and these men and women to. But the majority of me is convinced that we, and we alone, have the power to end this Order Mannimarco has created, and stop this before it begins. The Divines will surely be on our side in stopping such a wicked man..."

Vanus clutched his staff, looking at his old friend with contagious confidence in his eyes.

"...and if they are with us, Salanmo, then who can truly be against us?"

Both men couldn't help but smile at each other, as Salanmo grabbed his own staff. "As you say, old friend. This will enshrine us in glory, either way. Now..." He outstretched a hand towards the army Vanus had put together. "...you have a Guild to lead."

After warmly embracing his comrade, that is just what Vanus did. Galerion sadly did not survive the battle, but Salanmo did; and after he and the rest of the Mages pushed Mannimarco into hiding after defeating his army of necromancers, he knew one thing was for sure. No matter what the odds look like, and no matter how hopeless it may seem; the goodness in men's hearts always prevails over evil. And Salanmo was proud to count his role in defeating Mannimarco and his army as a testament to this fact.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Yep, and the Forsworn paid for it.

It is now a city on par with the likes of Whiterun proper. I'd say its close to being on par with capital city in it's own right, but falls just short.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Fine, fine work, Viarco. That is exactly what I was looking for. Are you still interested in playing as the redguard, Rohael? Just want to be sure before I lock up your entry.

I'll give Tommy and Archer tomorrow to show me what they got. I may give more slack with it being a holiday and such, and say til friday. We will see. If I don't get anything from them however, the spot's all yours V.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Excellent, I'll get it locked up and we'll see what's to come. I haven't ever been good with narcissism, but I'm interested to see how it goes with the group. I know both of my characters despise those types of people, but if your worth your weight in a fight, they'll get over it. :p

Thank you for the chance to show you what I can do! I am starting work on it now but wanted to clear something up. By the "unknown force" drawing our heroes to rorikstead did you mean a mysterious force is causing our adventurers to meet there or were you leaving our reasons for travel toward rorikstead to us? I've been doing a lot of my writing on my phone at work (where I am now) so it's just taking me a moment, and if I get a call I have to stop. I'm going to post the CC for the character I plan to use and then a brief story with her in it to see if you like my writing style. Hopefully I have it done by the morning but might not be done until tomorrow night because of the holiday (sorry)

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    You're reasons for traveling there are up to you, yes. Just as long as you get there. ;)

That would be perfectly fine, Sir Tequila, morning or night, no pressure. Can't wait to see what you've got for us!

So I realized while trying to read through the other characters cards that Alice and my character Anna are almost identical physically, but realized that their personalities and mannerisms were so different I thought it would be ok. Let me know what you think. about to start work on a quick short story/Intro.

Name: Anna
    Race: Imperial
    Height: 5' 4"

Appearance: Jet Black hair that stops just before her shoulder. Already large eyes made to seem larger by pale blue irises. Round face with pale skin. Face almost always emotionless. Soft features.
    Personality: Rarely speaks, except when necessary. Lack of emotion bordering on mental illness, keeps mostly to herself. Seems eccentric to those that she meets, not shy about staring and not particularly aware of personal space. Curious about peoples motivations and actions. Dark sense of humor. Habit of latching on to someone strong whom she respects and assisting them with their own adventures, since she lacks motivation or conviction. Otherwise drifts about seeking increasingly challenging "hunts," rooting out and killing vampires, necromancer's, and other dark creatures, toning her skills until she finds another crusade worth embarking on.
    Skills:
    Illusion
    Prodigy. Able to control what the weaker minded see and feel, immersing them in their own personal hells and watching them reduce to a shuddering pile of fear, or trick them into attacking their comrades. Similarly can bestow a calming effect on friends and allies. Can turn invisible and muffle footsteps.
    Archery
    What her arrows lack in power she makes up for in the speed at which she fires them and the agility with which she does so. She can loose and arrow mid air or while sliding along the ground on her knees.
    Alchemy
    Specializes in poisons with creative effects. Can choose a poison that causes immense pain or one that causes a peaceful death. Also carries home made mana potions to cope with the mana drain inherent of her magic.

Equipment:
    Armor:
    black leather armor underneath a black cloak. Pale Arms left mostly uncovered save for bracers for mobility. Black cloak buttons at the neck, leaving her torso hidden until she chooses.

Weapons:
    Dark colored wooden bow with feathers adorning either end. Large ornate dagger kept horizontally at the small of her back with a soul trap enchantment. Throwing knives kept on belt and some strapped to ankle. She will dip them in various poisons before a fight. She also keeps small vials at her waist.
    Background: To be revealed

My story got a little out of hand, I apologize. It's long but I hope you all enjoy it anyway. Also I couldn't remember what province exactly Rorikstead was in but remembered it was kind of to the west so I said the Reach.

The dark chamber was draped in ornate linens, and decorated with gold and silver. Atop a stone table a golden ruby-inlaid goblet stood proudly next to a crystal decanter filled with a sanguine fluid. Behind the table a wine rack adorned the western wall of the room, stocked with an impossibly old and incredibly rare selection. Two heavy wooden doors stood between this chamber and the outside hallway on the north side, and a table with two chairs decorated the east wall. On a raised platform on the south side of the room, lay an extravagant, gold-plated sarcophagus-like coffin. The sound of metal grinding against metal marked the sliding open of the gaudy container. A black form floated silently upwards out of the coffin, and continued forward as it righted itself. Grindal Erdenwal, Vampire Scourge of the Reach, floated towards the ground until his bare feet noiselessly touched the ground. Slim shoulders shrugged off the day's slumber and red eyes opened slowly. The night had been coming sooner and sooner as the weather grew colder, meaning the Reach belonged to him for longer each day. He briefly considered having a thrall brought to him for his evening meal, however he had an important agenda tonight and didn't want to delay his getting started. He settled for some vintage he had saved, and started for the decanter on the table. The fort that he and his kin called home for the time being was erected during the second great War by the Nords, and conveniently for its new nocturnal occupants, had a large amount of underground space for storage. During this time of peace the fort was manned only by a skeleton crew, ironic considering they were currently decomposing in shallow Graves near the forts entrance. He poured the blood, still warm and not coagulated thanks to an alchemical addition, into his goblet. Tonight was an important night. Something had been afflicting the denizens of Rorikstead, and tonight he aimed to find out what or who was moving in on his feeding grounds. Reports had been erratic, and the true nature of the darkness that spread within the now-walled city had been kept under wraps. He swirled the blood next to his nostrils, moving with a haughty air of royalty. Virgins blood from the last town they raided. His tongue moved over white fangs to lick his pale lips, but before the goblet reached his mouth, he froze. A bottle was missing from his wine shelf, and not just any bottle. He stared a moment, then smiled. "Shadowbanish Wine," He said to the seemingly empty room. He took a long sip from the goblet before turning to face the intruder. "You have good taste."
    After a girlish laugh broke the silence, his guest finally chose to reveal herself. The raven-haired girl in black sat casually at the table on the other side of the room with her feet crossed on the chair opposite her. On the table was an open bottle of wine and in her hand a goblet that matched his own.
    "That bottle is almost as old as I am. I was saving it." He placed his goblet next to the decanter. "I hear you have a thing for hunting vampires. And since you've made it this far I can assume all my compatriots are dead."
    She answered with a silent nod.
    "Impressive, child. But compared to myself they were mere infants. Seeing as how you don't seem to be the type for conversation…."
    He paused a moment, giving her a chance to speak. She shrugged, placed the goblet on the table and rose to her feet.
    "Seeing as you’re the silent type, you might as well do what you came here to do" as he finished he held his arms out at his sides palms up. Almost before he could blink a bow was in her hand and an arrow was on its way. Grindal disappeared and the arrow hit nothing but a cloud of black smoke. The smoke reformed directly in front of his attacker and Grindal was directly in front of her, staring into her dumbfounded eyes. With blinding speed and a visceral sound he shoved a clawed hand up through her abdomen into her ribcage. As he grasped her heart he pulled her hair back so he could look into her terrified eyes. Normally he would gloat over his victims, but this time he decided to return her mocking silence. He tore the heart out through the new hole in her upper abdomen. As its previous owner collapsed, he watched it beat. Once, twice, a quiver, then nothing. He placed the heart on the table next to the empty bottle of wine and used a nearby hand towel to wipe the blood off his hand. A commotion outside drew his attention. A tall Nord in military armor burst through the door with an idiotic look in his face, and reached for his sword. Grindal looked past the man into the corridor behind him. He saw the bodies of half a dozen vampires and almost as many Nordic fighting men in the 15 foot wide hallway. They had come to reclaim there fort, it seems. So be it. He was done with it anyway. In as flash of black smoke he appeared behind the Nord and removed his head for him. Another flash of smoke and another man dropped. A flash of smoke. A spray of blood. The sounds of screams and pleas for mercy filled the hall. He laughed with glee as he avenged his fallen coven. For every fallen vampire he took one of theirs. This continued all the way through the fort until he reached the entryway. Only a few remained. He was in the process of prying the arm off of one soldier and beating another to death with it when something the last soldier said caught his ear.
    "WHY? What are you doing?? I am YOUR…"
    The Lunatic had gone mad with fear. Grindal silenced him mid sentence by ripping his throat out.
    With the visceral sound of flesh tearing, everything around him changed. In front of him, his long time right hand man and only friend stood clutching his throat. His open mouth showed fanged teeth on a face of terror and confusion. Blood sprayed between his fingers and he fell to his knees and collapsed to the ground. In shock, Grindal turned to see the all the bodies of his fallen comrades, torn limb from limb by his own hand. He stumbled backward. Her. That girlish laugh echoed in his head. Impossible, she's dead. He turned toward the Exit, but the door was gone, replaced by an altar with an ornate dagger. The laugh grew louder. He was trapped. He had to find her. Follow the laugh. But he couldn't, it was everywhere. Where was she hiding? He stumbled over bodies and blood and heads and arms and torsos and intestines and hearts, all of the flock he had grown for years. The laughing grew louder. He searched the whole fort before finding his way back to the dagger where the Exit should be. She was nowhere. The laughing grew impossibly louder. She's inside. She's in me. Of course, it was all so clear. The laughing grew louder. He grabbed the dagger from the altar. Of course. She didn't think I'd be smart enough but she was wrong. So wrong. She's inside me. He began to cut into his abdomen. The laughing grew louder. He was getting close. Shut up shut up shut up so many organs in the way shut up shut up how deep? The more intestines I pull out the louder she gets I'm getting close shut up shut up just need to dig deeper SHUT UP SHUT UP ALMOST THERE "SHUT UP PLEASE STOP I'M GOING TO GET YOU JUST NEED TO DIG I WILL FIND YOU PLEASE I'M SORRY JUST SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP shut up shut…. shut up….. shut….."

Anna reached down and removed her dagger from the hands of the vampire, currently kneeling in a pile of his own intestines and blood. His soul had been transferred into a black soul gem that hung with several others along a gold chain at her waist. She allowed herself a broad grin. Something about a centuries old vampire who'd killed countless innocents begging for mercy brought a warmth to her chest. She took a deep breath and reveled in a feeling of… purpose, no matter how fleeting it would be. These moments were the only thing she sought when she had noone to follow, no crusader to aid. She remembered a time that she felt purpose all the time. But now, these moments were all she had. Word had reached her that Rorikstead was in need. Worrying The high from this kill would wear off soon, she walked out the doors of the fort, hoping to leave whomever responsible to a similar fate as the vampire behind her.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I apologize for the delay, I only just received the alerts.

Regardless, I'll begin working on a CC and story post. Just a quick question, are you ok with a vampire character?

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    That was a pretty great introduction to your character, if a bit of a horrific one :p

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    An excellent application, Tommy. Thank you for going through the effort to work it out on your phone, and for getting it up earlier than expected. The effort is appreciated, believe me. I'll lock in your app and we'll see what's next!

And I do see a few similarities but I think as time goes your characters will be able to diversify themselves from each other. No worries.

And excellent Archer, was hoping you'd see the alerts. SF is notorious for the notifications going unnoticed.

As for the possibility of a vampire character, I think I will need to ask you a few questions in pm, as I believe there could be a problem if not handled correctly. But if these worries are unfounded, I will have no problem with it. We had a vampire in the original, and he was quite the interesting old bastard.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Well, if we're honest, we're going to be seeing a lot like it in the coming days. So if that's too much for you...:p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts