Guys I am desperate now for a unique character build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

T1d3

Article Writer
So in my early thread I started my "Dwemmer Scholar" play through, but I just felt like a walking tank, and I have done that before.

I am up for nearly anything you can throw at me.

Grob

I've posted this before, so-
Sheogorath's Minion-
Race: Any (just has to look crazy)
Combat: Only uses Wabbajack and is a Master Illusionist and Alterationist, can use apprentice destruction, conjuoration, restoration
Armor: Only wear good looking clothes
Other: Must have some quirky personality traits: collects cheese, follows chickens around for at least one hour a day. Your decisions are made by dice roll/coin flip (Imperial heads, Stormclock Tails, Theif 1,3-Mage 2,4 etc.)
You can go the extra bit, sleep everyday, eat three times a day, so on.
You also can choose to help or hinder people (come across a farmer, roll dice/coin flip, head=give him money/follow him an protect him until he gets to a town/city, tails=use illusion magic to make him fight his wife, then Wabbajack the survivor).

T1d3

Article Writer
That is actually really funny. I don't know about actually doing that build my self though

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I think it is less the build and more of how you role play the character. But adding additional challenges and limitations may help to turn a mediocre character build into something that could become a lot more fun. You could also always try to create or recreate a class/build that was featured in earlier TES games, like from Daggerfall or Morrowind.

Grob

I think it is less the build and more of how you role play the character. But adding additional challenges and limitations may help to turn a mediocre character build into something that could become a lot more fun. You could also always try to create or recreate a class/build that was featured in earlier TES games, like from Daggerfall or Morrowind.

Exactly what I was trying to do with the Sheogorath Minion- impersonate the personality of him, the quirkiness and change of heart.

T1d3

Article Writer

I was not even one years old when daggerfall came out and I wasn't old enough to play Morrowind when it came out. Mind filling me in on some of the builds?

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member

Weismann

Oblivion Walker
Vaermina's Devout
Race: Breton Vampire
Combat: Skull of Corruption, Blade of Sacrifice (absorb health, chaos damage), master illusion and alteration, adept destruction and restoration perks minus the one's which decrease their cost
Major Skills: Sneak, Illusion (minus reduction), Alteration (minus reduction), Alchemy
Minor Skills: Destruction, Restoration (minus reduction), Enchanting, Speech
Armor: Vaermina's Robes (reduce illusion & alteration), Vampire gloves (fortify and boots (resist fire and shock), gold and emerald circlet (reduce illusion and alteration), gold and sapphire ring (reduce illusion and alteration), gold and emerald necklace (reduce restoration and fortify alchemy)
Other: Feed off of every sleeping person you come across and use the staff on them, in battle, sneak in and deal with as many people as you can with the BoS dipped in deadly poisons, once detected, use the staff in one hand and set up a flesh, a cloak, then have an adept destruction spell like Fireball and raze/horrify them. Block out the sun any chance you get and make Skyrim reminiscent to the nightmares of it's residents.

Not nearly as creative as the Sheogorath guy, but it's my first, so it's supposed to suck.

Grob

Let's make one on the spot-

The Old Guy
Race: Any (must be old looking)
Combat: Any- No heavy weapons (only daggers for melee)can only shoot an arrow 5 seconds after the last (can't move around to much in battle) Magic (must alternate destruction, as not to burn/freeze/shock frail hands [this means only about 5 shots/10 seconds/one master spell before changing element]) can't use conjuration, due to his upbringing, where his parents taught him about how bad Daedra were and the dead should be left in peace.
Armor: Only light. Wear clothes in town.
Personality: Having lived a long life, he has been called upon by (College, Greybeards) to do something. Old and frail, he moves along slowly upon paths. He sees Thalmor harming innocent people, knowing he can't do anything but move along. But, his calling now requires him to take up arms, and fight off ______. His life has been haunted by the Daedra, and he betrays any Daedra he would come across.
Restrictions: Combat here is the biggest. You can't carry any more than a dagger for melee, this includes that he can't carry a shield. See Combat for more on magic and archery. He travels by carriage for long distances (no fast travel here!). He cannot sprint (unless almost dead in combat), and walks places he needs to go (optional, you can actually walk or run, by run I mean run, not sprint). Can't wear heavy armor. Cannot loot dead bodies of humans (unless unique item).
Other: You are frail. No running up big hills. Rest often. No falling or jumping unless necessary or in battle. Likes quiet (no loud places like Makarth and Riften, he can only go there occasinly, prefers small towns such as Riverwood. Make up the rest (where he came from, what else he hates, what he likes. etc.)

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I had fun playing as a non-combatant.

No weapons. Preferably no armor or shield. No Destruction magic or Conjuring weapons. You may carry a dagger and use your fists in combat but this is considered a last resort. Shouts are permissible. Reading a skill book or benefiting from skill increases by training or rewards is ok but wasteful if you train to improve weapon skills.

The idea is to never level the Warrior skills. Your only means of defeating enemies is through the assistance of your allies, followers and Conjuration or Illusion magic.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I had a Witch hunter build that was quite fun, using the bound bow, illusion for silent casting, restoration for healing/wards and Sneak etc.

I found it enjoyable hunting down dark magic users, the bound bow perks allow you to expel summons back to Oblivion and turn undead, set the bastards on fire with a blue flame I believe (Been awhile since I used the bound bow) It was an enjoyable build, you just adapt yourself to what is useful.

Currently my new character is a Sellsword (Mercenary) so I work for the highest paid, take jobs from Jarls etc. Kill any other Mercenaries to limit competition. Don't really have any moral objections with this character, I forced the Breton to sell his land to the Silver-Bloods.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Swashbuckler
Weapon: Either the cutlass that the pirates carry or a Redguard scimitar--but only one. Fight and block with a single one-handed sword, it evokes a bigger sense of swordplay during battle.
Armor: Clothes and jewelry only, unless you want some cool boots (I suppose a swashbuckler can have cool boots.) See if you can find an eyepatch. I know that'll be hard to find, but no Swashbuckler worth his weight in sand dollars doesn't at least try to find an eyepatch. Just wear a circlet crooked, so that it covers one eye!
Spells: What spells? Everything you learned to defend yourself with was given to you by the high seas! Not many casters who're willing to teach pirates their secrets. No me'lad, you fight with a sword like a true blue barnacled scallywag.
Tactics : You live to fight on staircases--especially if it means within jumping distance of a chandelier. But since you can't actually swing on ship lines or light fixtures, then a lot of running and jumping will be in order. Superior mobility at all times is the theme, here.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Here's a new class!

The Entitled Brat.

Make her an Imperial...weight slider all the way to the left to reflect an early adolescent teen.

She will argue and debate all quest objectives, maintaining "it just isn't fair" that she is being asked to do all this work.

Her followers will be ordered about, expected to do all the stealing, fighting and manual labor, while your character pisses & moans how unfair it is that her skills never seem to level up, her follower is too slow, and no one gives her any credit for anything she does.

Her gear will consist of fine clothes she ordered her servant to steal along with jewelry and pretty knives.

Use your shouts to represent tantrums, adopt kids only so your steward will have to support them, and spend time in local jails for all the public disturbances she causes.

As your entitled brat ages, maybe have her acquire a skooma or wine addiction, and as often as possible, pass out (sleep) on the lawn! :D

Torok

The Mane (The religious leader of the Khajiit.)
Make him slim, with a large head of hair.
He is good, not greedy (Although I imagine the leader of an entire nation must have some money.)
Isn't getting involved with the war, however freeing Thalmor prisoners when he has the chance as he hates religious persectution.
Never does any Daedric quests.
Spends hours inside temples praying. (Except the temple of Talos.) I even have him fast from food, drink and rest. (Of course that's easy to do for anyone.)
Always helps the poor, except when it involes sin. (No stealing for the poor.)
Helps almost everyone in need. (Almost everyone because there are people who need help with bad things.)
Never dose any crime.
Respects the religious beliefs of the Nords (Although he's a priest of the Eight, or 10 if you count the moon gods.)
Pure mage, specializes in Conjuration (Conjouring mainly bound weapons.) Conjours no Deadra, not a necromancer. Also good in Destruction and Restoration.
Light armor. Though only wearing bracers and boots. The rest of his apparel consists of a monk robe. (Also has to be good in Alteration and/or have a shield.)
Follows the Way of the Voice. (So no killing Paarturnax.)
Is also an alchemist, but not an enchanter.

Grob

OK, The Cook
Race: Any
Combat: Fork and knife (unique fork and knife weapons can be found on the porch in Riften, Honeyside, when the upgrade is bought/I haven't looked yet). Enchant fork and knife with powerful fire enchantments, as to simulate cooking.
Personality: Eat one person a day (Ring of Namira [if thats the ring that lets you eat people]). Your main target is the Gourmet, who shall be eaten so you are the best cook in Skyrim.
Other: Only wear cook clothes. After the Gourmet, you must kill a random target everyday, to find which sort of people are the tastiest. An example of a person to try and eat would be Nazeem. You can only loot food, which you sell for profit (you can pick up unique items, and a little bit of loot).

Two Bears

Wholesale Distributer

Race: Nord
Primary skills: Speech
Secondary skills: Archery/sneak
Armor: Clothing + hide bracers
Weapon: Hunting bow + iron arrows. Nothing of better quality.

You travel Skyrim hunting animals for pelts and mining ore. When you get back to the town of your choice, you tan the hides for leather and smelt the ore to make ingots. But you don't get to make armor with them. No, you are not the smith. You are the smith's distributer. Sell the ingots and leather and get back out there; the only way you're making a profit is through volume.

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
I suggest just really role-playing your characters. Think as if you are them. Fighting isn't everything

Twiffle

I present to you Bud Wieser the town Drunk.

Race is a Nord naturally living in Whiterun.

You will see him spend his hours wondering the streets mumbling to himself in despair about better times in his life. He does have the charm of a Squire when having the proper amounts of Black-Briar Mead running through his veins, otherwise he’s vial with disgust, especially when just drinking Nord Mead. He spends a large amount of time in jail. His lockpicking skills are no match to anyone in Whiterun. His speech is impeccable (when not too drunk) with the ladies and young travelers wondering through. How else is he to get someone to buy him a drink? His stealth can almost be Khajiit-like, although when drinking too much, you’ll just see him crawling around in broad daylight. Be warned when traveling though! He’ll pickpocket the stitching from your clothes off you!

LOCKPICKING
  • Novice
  • Apprentice
  • Quick Hands
  • Wax Key
SNEAK
  • Stealth x 1
  • Muffled Movements
  • Lightfoot
  • Silent Roll (this one’s tough for Harold. Doesn’t always look good)
PICKPOCKETx5
  • Lightfingers x 3
  • Night Thief
  • Cutpurse
  • Extra Pockets
SPEECH x8
  • Haggling x2
  • Bribery
  • Persuasion
  • Allure (for the ladies)
  • Merchant
  • Investor (this is obviously not used. Too much responsibilty)
  • Fence
ALCHEMY x7
  • Alchemist x5
  • Benefactor (to make hangover restoration potions)
LIGHT ARMOR x3 (although he just wears rags for cloths)
  • Agile Defender x3 (this is just to protect him from skeevers chewing on him when passed out)
ONE HANDED x2
  • Armsman x2 (only for defense against critters and occasional bar fight. Iron Dagger only)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts