1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

guild masters hood glitch

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Derpo, May 3, 2012.

1. Derpo Member

Message Count:
    Hi i recently *SPOILERS* became guild master of the thieves guild and doned the armor, the hood worked fine, till i decided to embrace vampirism afterwards now when i don the hood my avatar looks half bald with barely any hair and nothing on his head. any way to work around this?
  2. Verses Member

Message Count:
    try restarting the game and/or system.

My nightingale hood sometimes changed from dark black to a notice able lighter color, just restartig the game fixed it...might just do the trick.

let me know if it worked
  3. Derpo Member

Message Count:
    tried, tried restarting my game, reloading saves...nothing works...
  4. Verses Member

Message Count:
    And what if you become 'normal' again?

become normal and vampire again perhaps...maybe that works.
  5. Derpo Member

Message Count:
    I can cure myself multiple times? also getting vamprism was a pain and i heard the cure is worse. i was hoping for a solution like you mentioned before
  6. Verses Member

Message Count:
    never had trouble with the hood, and i searched the internet but nobody has a similar problem like yours.

I'm sorry but i cannot help you any further:sadface:
  7. Derpo Member

Message Count:
    all good, geuss ill have to make do without it, or try your method you mentioned as grulling as it may be. thanks for the help i aperciate it.
  8. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    The hood shouldn't be affected by Vampirism because Vampirism doesn't do anything to your head meshes like hair does. It seems your hood mesh has gone transparent. Re-installing the game might help.
  9. Derpo Member

Message Count:
    i play on xbox /:
  10. Verses Member

Message Count:
    I know it doesn't affect your hair but it does affect your appearance.
    Faces change slowly, couldn't that interfere with the hood?!
  11. wakka damn nature you scary

Message Count:
    i have the same problem, started a new char last night got vampirism then joined the thieves guild. all was fine till i got to stage 4 then i got the half bald thing :sadface: loaded a save and turnt my xbox off till no luck. i think i will have to get use to the funky hair cut
  12. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    I would think the face changes are only texture changes and that shouldn't interfere with the hood. The hood is a mesh that layers over the head. For whatever reason it becomes transparent for vampires. After looking at the quasi solution for the PC I don't think a re-installation will help. I found this video of the bug: