guild masters hood glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Derpo

Hi i recently *SPOILERS* became guild master of the thieves guild and doned the armor, the hood worked fine, till i decided to embrace vampirism afterwards now when i don the hood my avatar looks half bald with barely any hair and nothing on his head. any way to work around this?

Verses

try restarting the game and/or system.

My nightingale hood sometimes changed from dark black to a notice able lighter color, just restartig the game fixed it...might just do the trick.

let me know if it worked

Derpo

try restarting the game and/or system.

My nightingale hood sometimes changed from dark black to a notice able lighter color, just restartig the game fixed it...might just do the trick.

let me know if it worked
tried, tried restarting my game, reloading saves...nothing works...

Derpo

And what if you become 'normal' again?

become normal and vampire again perhaps...maybe that works.
I can cure myself multiple times? also getting vamprism was a pain and i heard the cure is worse. i was hoping for a solution like you mentioned before

Verses

never had trouble with the hood, and i searched the internet but nobody has a similar problem like yours.

I'm sorry but i cannot help you any further:sadface:

Derpo

all good, geuss ill have to make do without it, or try your method you mentioned as grulling as it may be. thanks for the help i aperciate it.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The hood shouldn't be affected by Vampirism because Vampirism doesn't do anything to your head meshes like hair does. It seems your hood mesh has gone transparent. Re-installing the game might help.

Derpo

The hood shouldn't be affected by Vampirism because Vampirism doesn't do anything to your head meshes like hair does. It seems your hood mesh has gone transparent. Re-installing the game might help.
i play on xbox /:

Verses

I know it doesn't affect your hair but it does affect your appearance.
Faces change slowly, couldn't that interfere with the hood?!

wakka

damn nature you scary
i have the same problem, started a new char last night got vampirism then joined the thieves guild. all was fine till i got to stage 4 then i got the half bald thing :sadface: loaded a save and turnt my xbox off till no luck. i think i will have to get use to the funky hair cut

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I know it doesn't affect your hair but it does affect your appearance.
Faces change slowly, couldn't that interfere with the hood?!
I would think the face changes are only texture changes and that shouldn't interfere with the hood. The hood is a mesh that layers over the head. For whatever reason it becomes transparent for vampires. After looking at the quasi solution for the PC I don't think a re-installation will help. I found this video of the bug:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts