Guidelines you should read first:

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Toxius

Frost Wolf

Hæð Eik

So I went to the blog page to post the beginning of my story about the one character I developed that I planned on using for RP, but about only 1 in 10 are actual blog posts, and the rest are spam. What's up with this?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Sorry about that. I"m going through now and trying to tidy it up but apparently the spam there hadn't been reported until you did so.

Hæð Eik

Thanks Rayven! I know it has got to be difficult keeping all this stuff clean. What is it Witseidutsei the Argonian says in Oblivion? "So much dirt, and so little time, pause but a moment, and you'll be drowned in the tide." I've always liked that. :)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yes, precisely :) And unfortunately since the blogs are an add-on, they aren't caught automatically when I do spam cleaning.

Continue to report the spam blog posts you see, however, and I can take care of them manually.

Hey guys. There are just a couple of things you should know before using this section.

For story writers:
  • Please only create one thread for each story regardless of whether it has more than one chapter. If you plan to write more chapters in the future be sure to reserve the next few posts of your thread by simply posting 'reserved for future chapters' to keep the thread clean and organised
  • Choose a suitable name for your story and try your best to make your thread easy to read and organised. Use large bold headings for new chapters and make sure to inform users if there are any spoilers in your thread with the appropriate prefix and at the start of your thread saying what spoilers exist
  • Be open to criticism (both positive and negative)
  • When writing sexually explicit content (smut) be sure to add the 18+ tag as well as a warning preferably in red before the start of the story so if an unsuspecting guest comes in from a search engine they don't get scarred for life. Also, please don't use blatant titles such as "BIG DI** KHAJIIT INSERTS HIS..."
  • Please don't plagiarise other people's work. All stories must be written by you.
For readers:
  • After reading the story, I'm sure the author would appreciate you leaving some feedback on what you think of it. Optionally, you may also rate their post so they can have a to-the-point indication of what people think of it
  • Be sure to criticise constructively and backup your opinions with reasons
  • Threads that are tagged with the 18+ tag contain sexually explicit content (smut) and shouldn't be read by those who are overly sensitive when it comes to these kind of things. You've been warned, remember!
For everyone:
  • Don't feel intimidated by these guidelines. They're here to ensure you have the greatest possible experience in our fan-fiction.
  • If you're reading this, please don't forget that we, the staff here (especially me) love you and would like you to have a great time. <3
If you have any questions or if something here wasn't clear enough, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.
Quick question does it need to have the 18+ prefix for blood and gorey stories? To clarify, stories that leave the reader with visual of a guys guts being spilled onto the floor?

Hey guys. There are just a couple of things you should know before using this section.

For story writers:
  • Please only create one thread for each story regardless of whether it has more than one chapter. If you plan to write more chapters in the future be sure to reserve the next few posts of your thread by simply posting 'reserved for future chapters' to keep the thread clean and organised
  • Choose a suitable name for your story and try your best to make your thread easy to read and organised. Use large bold headings for new chapters and make sure to inform users if there are any spoilers in your thread with the appropriate prefix and at the start of your thread saying what spoilers exist
  • When writing sexually explicit content (smut) be sure to add the 18+ tag as well as a warning preferably in red before the start of the story so if an unsuspecting guest comes in from a search engine they don't get scarred for life. Also, please don't use blatant titles such as "BIG DI** KHAJIIT INSERTS HIS..."
  • Please don't plagiarise other people's work. All stories must be written by you.
For readers:
  • After reading the story, I'm sure the author would appreciate you leaving some feedback on what you think of it. Optionally, you may also rate their post so they can have a to-the-point indication of what people think of it
  • Threads that are tagged with the 18+ tag contain sexually explicit content (smut) and shouldn't be read by those who are overly sensitive when it comes to these kind of things. You've been warned, remember!
For everyone:
  • Don't feel intimidated by these guidelines. They're here to ensure you have the greatest possible experience in our fan-fiction.
  • If you're reading this, please don't forget that we, the staff here (especially me) love you and would like you to have a great time. <3
If you have any questions or if something here wasn't clear enough, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.
Quick question does it need to have the 18+ prefix for blood and gorey stories? To clarify, stories that leave the reader with visual of a guys guts being spilled onto the floor?

bard

Hello, sorry but i'm a bit confuse. If I want to post the story of well.. my character in Skyrim with everything he did and went through where should this go? To the blog or fanfiction forum? Because I saw many stories in the fanfiction forum made in the same way im planing to do with my character so I thought maybe there is the place but I cannot be sure.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
I would just say put the story in the fanfiction area, and well if you want to make a Character card, I would say place that in your blog.

In your blog, you can just post about anything, a journal entry of your character's journey, the actual story, bits and pieces. Go mad, update us on things he went through in game.
Fan fiction area, is more like you're writing an actual book you want others to read. Be it any size in length, or with any characters but the things that happen have to be about or in Skyrim or a part of skyrim's world, or rather Nirn (hence, fan fiction but I'm sure you know that). Blog, for example can be about your adventures in another game if you so desire (like dark souls, or Dragon age).

bard

Oh I got it, thank you very much. So it seems the fanfition is for me since yes it kind of is like a book and is about skyrim. Though im not so sure about the chapter part, I know I should reserve some posts but Im planing to do a really long story and I am afraid I won't be able to keep everything at the first part of the topic since im uncertain of how big it is so well I hope that nobody minds if Some other chapters will be after the comments.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
Oh I got it, thank you very much. So it seems the fanfition is for me since yes it kind of is like a book and is about skyrim. Though im not so sure about the chapter part, I know I should reserve some posts but Im planing to do a really long story and I am afraid I won't be able to keep everything at the first part of the topic since im uncertain of how big it is so well I hope that nobody minds if Some other chapters will be after the comments.

Then, at the start of your RP, ask that nobody actually replies to the thread that you are writing on and rather they PM on your wall, or make a Blog page and you just link it at the start and ask them to reply there, if they have any criticisms and advice to improve on your writing style, or if they have anything to really say.
Generally, I know people don't mind chapters after comments.

bard

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot, I will begin my writing tommorow and most probably I will make a blog too where to put informations about the protagonist and the other characters and also where the people could say what they had to at my story :)

For story writers:
For readers:
For everyone:
I just started a story for the fan fiction section. You may have seen the first chapter I posted. The name of the story is Lissette Direblade the blademistress thief. I didn't add the 18+ label when I started it. In a future chapter, which I haven't posted yet, I am planning to write that she incapacitated a high ranking stormcloak officer (I won't give any names; it would be a spoiler if I did) in a sword duel by castrating him with her greatsword. Would that be considered content that would require the 18+ label? I think that would probably be the most risque part of the entire story. I partially doubt it would though, but let me know either way. I just figured out that the 18+ label can be added and removed at will, so I will add it if I need to. On the actual game, in Riften in the ragged flagon, I know there is a letter you can find on a table that says "Delvin, a master of sneaking, huh? If I ever catch you trying to sneak a peek of me while I'm bathing in the lake, I'll cut off your most valuable asset. Vex" The language I plan to use to describe the anatomy that was harmed will be no more explicit than that.

Last edited:

For story writers:
For readers:
For everyone:

Hi, you never answered my question about if that part of my story would require the 18+ label. I just finished the last chapter. Go ahead and review the whole story start to finish, and if it does require that label, just say so, and I will be more than happy to add the 18+ label.

Latest posts