1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Dismiss Notice

Guidelines you should read first:

Discussion in 'Skyrim Fan Fiction' started by Renegader, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Uther Pundragon

Uther Pundragon The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff Member

Hm... I don't mind 'adult' type material as long as it is properly tagged and not overly explicit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hale Loneshadow

Hale Loneshadow King of Chicago

Dammit, I was going to write a story about big d*ck Khajiit's....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Grim Messorem

Grim Messorem New Member

So what exactly do you do?

4. AngryMage

AngryMage 100% Argonian, at your service!

Random question: How do I make another blog post? I have made one, but can not figure out how to make another.

5. JoeReese

JoeReese Well-Known Member

Awesome...and thank you Narz, for asking. I wasn't clear on it either.

6. Anthrax

Anthrax Revenant of Shadows

Does the story have to be completely Skyrim orientated?

7. Rayven

Rayven Global Moderator
    Staff Member

I think we've been ok with pretty much anything TES-related. If you want to do writing that is totally away from the TES world, there's a section in the Arts area toward the bottom of the forum list specifically set aside for other sorts of stories.

8. Rayven

Rayven Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Anything TES should be fine in this section specifically.

9. archmagepyron

archmagepyron New Member

how do i make a thread, its my first time on a forum in general and id like to write about my character

10. Hermaeus_Mora

You go to the Fan Fiction page, and look at the top of the page for a button that says, "Create a new thread".

11. Bobby Stormcloak

Bobby Stormcloak No, I'm not related to Ulfric. Stop asking.

If I ever wanted to write a story, how would I go about making a table of contents with links to the chapters and all that? Computer jargon isn't my thing.

12. Valin Oakthorn

Valin Oakthorn Vagabond Extraordinaire

I am thinking about making a fan fiction. While it wouldnt be about the adventures I've played so far the main character is my in-game character (and my character here on the forms) should i post it under fan fiction or blogs

13. IAmRoggvar98

IAmRoggvar98 Traveling Huntsman

Where is the distinction between the Fan Fiction and Roleplaying sections?

14. spectre thief

spectre thief Member

can we write stories ten or twenty years after events of skyrim but the story being revolved around major plots in skyrim

15. Brewman

Brewman Do I look worried?

Is it ok to have actual game encounters as part of the story line?

16. ShadoBlade

ShadoBlade New Member

I have a question... actually make that two. I want to post an ongoing story however I have no idea how long it will actually be... I know you suggested chapter markers to hold places for future posts, but since i have no idea how long or involved this story is going to be, any other way to keep it from getting cluttered? My second question is this: the story, A Song of Tamriel, is written from an NPC's point of view on the adventures of his life... does that still need to be blogged or can i put it here?

17. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

Am I allowed to link a story from another site, or should I post it? And does that "all stories should be written by you" thing count of I credit the original author?

18. GrumpyBadger

GrumpyBadger Article Writer

hmm

just read this in its entirety and I'm still confused a bit, and a wee-bit concerned by the lack of responses from the last few posts.

so here goes -

I understand the "explicit" part. No worries there I try to keep things, at least on the sexual level at most PG13... however what about gore? For example, it's actually quite crucial to my stories that the gore and realities of war are present within them. I'm just wondering if that should be titled "explicit" or not. A really good example of real-world movies would be "Saving Private Ryan" and "Lone Survivor," both being rated R (restricted 17+ for non-USA).

I also still don't understand the difference between short stories and "character journals." The piece I'm working on is really one book. But written in first person by four different people. These will involved all of Skyrim's major plot points - dragons in Helgen, Whiterun, High Hrothgar, Alduin, etc
    and it will also involve quite a few of the minor quests and side quests like the Companions, College of Winterhold, and the Dawnguard.

so basically, would this be a "journal" and placed in the blog section, or in a thread here? And should it have an "explicit warning" on it (I personally think it should.)

19. Phantom

Phantom Uh, I didn't do it

People around here are usually pretty okay with violence, I mean, Skyrim itself isn't exactly an E for Everyone game, now is it?

Basically if it's following a character you played in Skyrim's adventures, it's a journal. From what you're describing, it's a fanfiction, since journals are usually only one character's perspective.

Short stories are, well, short one-shot type stories. They usually only have one 'chapter' so to speak.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GrumpyBadger

GrumpyBadger Article Writer

Thanks for the quick response Phantom, that all helps alot. I was kind of wondering because it's funny how on some forums related to M rated games their fanfics/rps and such can have zero gore without a warning... even though the game is rated "M"... :D hence why I wanted to double check.

and thanks for clearing the other part up as well. It's appreciated.