Guidelines you should read first:

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
i know this may be not the right place to ask this, but:
i want to post a player encounter, and i think i should post an entry in the blogs section? where i could find that blog section?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Right under the "Skyrim Forums" headline image at the top, you'll see several links to different areas and features of the board. Blog is one of them.

AngryMage

100% Argonian, at your service!
Okay, now I gotta figure out if my character telling about traveling from Black Marsh to Skyrim and the many events along the way would be put in blog or fanfic. Sure I'll check out ure fanfic, and I also want people to check out my RP.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
Your Story should be made in Fanfic, things that actually to your character is what should be put in the Blog.
Oh, could someone see my fanfic? it called Dragonborn: another story, and rate it, if people like it i will continue it.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Would it be okay to include the entire continent in of Tamriel in the fan fic, or do all the events have to happen in Skyrim?

Fanfic is generally the choice of the author. Obviously, being a Skyrim forum, we assume most content will have some hook to Skyrim. But we are not going to limit people to having all content occur in Skyrim. I do not think any TES setting would be out of place, however, for settings outside Skyrim, I'd encourage authors to be thorough in the explanations of their various venues since not everyone has played every TES game.

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
Hmm... I understand the 18+ thing, but how explicit is explicit? I mean, could one post suggestively, without saying something like

BIG DI** KHAJIT INSERTS HIS...

I'm sorry.... I just had to draw attention to that example.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I think it's safe to say if you are explaining the sex act, it's 18+. If you allude to it having happened but don't go into details, I don't think it needs to be 18+.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Also, please don't use blatant titles such as "BIG DI** KHAJIIT INSERTS HIS..."
When you say "blatant titles" (and I realize that you added an example but I'm still confused) does that mean that you would prefer the writers not to use specific names for sexual organs? Or does that mean that you would rather the writers not go into detail about how said organ looks, etc.?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I think if you are describing the sex act or genitalia in anything but a medical/biological fashion, you should have the 18+ tag on your story thread. I also don't want explicit titles for the threads. If you are describing the flora and fauna of your habitats and allude to some interesting fact about some fictitious creature's sexual nature, I don't consider that explicit.

Basically, the key is to clearly label sexual content so that a member who does not wish to see it can bypass it before getting offended by the material. I think if it's questionable at all, then you need to put the 18+ prefix on your thread. This isn't at all about censoring any content. But it is most definitely about giving members the informed choice on whether or not to read it.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
I think if you are describing the sex act or genitalia in anything but a medical/biological fashion, you should have the 18+ tag on your story thread. I also don't want explicit titles for the threads. If you are describing the flora and fauna of your habitats and allude to some interesting fact about some fictitious creature's sexual nature, I don't consider that explicit.

Basically, the key is to clearly label sexual content so that a member who does not wish to see it can bypass it before getting offended by the material. I think if it's questionable at all, then you need to put the 18+ prefix on your thread. This isn't at all about censoring any content. But it is most definitely about giving members the informed choice on whether or not to read it.
Which I understand that part. It is important to mark it as to avoid offending anyone who was not expecting it. How about if I explain how I'm confused this way: If a writer were writing smut and describing the act, and had the thread marked 18+, would they have to use other names for the genitalia other than the most common ones or the biological ones? And would they have to avoid going into very deep detail about said parts?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
As long as it had the 18+, I wouldn't censor the content as a moderator. That being said, in my opinion, I really don't think pages of pure smut with only the most cursory of allusions to the Skyrim world is in the spirit of the Fanfic area. I think if people wanted to read real slash fic, there are other sites for such material. I would prefer to see more well-developed rounded stories as the basis of our fanfic offerings. People have sex, obviously. And stories that contain it are not offensive to me. But if I'm going to read about a character's intimate life, I prefer it to be well within the setting of a much larger and more interesting story.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
As long as it had the 18+, I wouldn't censor the content as a moderator. That being said, in my opinion, I really don't think pages of pure smut with only the most cursory of allusions to the Skyrim world is in the spirit of the Fanfic area. I think if people wanted to read real slash fic, there are other sites for such material. I would prefer to see more well-developed rounded stories as the basis of our fanfic offerings. People have sex, obviously. And stories that contain it are not offensive to me. But if I'm going to read about a character's intimate life, I prefer it to be well within the setting of a much larger and more interesting story.
Well, yes, of course. I wasn't trying to come off that I was going to write a "pure smut" fan-fic. I was only asking an innocent question pertaining to the rules so I could better understand, myself. I'm sorry if my asking came off like that and I'm also sorry if I offended you with my asking because that wasn't my intention. If I was going to write a fan-fic here on these forums, it would pertain mostly, if not wholly, to Skyrim and it's inhabitants/adventures. Again, I was only asking in a what-if situation because I was curious, and again, I'm sorry if my questions came off in that way.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm not offended at all. I'm always happy to answer questions concerning clarifications and I encourage you to continue to ask any time you feel the need.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
Okay, then I'm sorry for misunderstanding the "feel" of your reply. :oops: Thank you for answering my questions and being patient with me. It's much appreciated.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts