Guidelines you should read first:

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys. There are just a couple of things you should know before using this section.

For story writers:
  • Please only create one thread for each story regardless of whether it has more than one chapter. If you plan to write more chapters in the future be sure to reserve the next few posts of your thread by simply posting 'reserved for future chapters' to keep the thread clean and organised
  • Choose a suitable name for your story and try your best to make your thread easy to read and organised. Use large bold headings for new chapters and make sure to inform users if there are any spoilers in your thread with the appropriate prefix and at the start of your thread saying what spoilers exist
  • Be open to criticism (both positive and negative)
  • When writing sexually explicit content (smut) be sure to add the 18+ tag as well as a warning preferably in red before the start of the story so if an unsuspecting guest comes in from a search engine they don't get scarred for life. Also, please don't use blatant titles such as "BIG DI** KHAJIIT INSERTS HIS..."
  • Please don't plagiarise other people's work. All stories must be written by you.
For readers:
  • After reading the story, I'm sure the author would appreciate you leaving some feedback on what you think of it. Optionally, you may also rate their post so they can have a to-the-point indication of what people think of it
  • Be sure to criticise constructively and backup your opinions with reasons
  • Threads that are tagged with the 18+ tag contain sexually explicit content (smut) and shouldn't be read by those who are overly sensitive when it comes to these kind of things. You've been warned, remember!
For everyone:
  • Don't feel intimidated by these guidelines. They're here to ensure you have the greatest possible experience in our fan-fiction.
  • If you're reading this, please don't forget that we, the staff here (especially me) love you and would like you to have a great time. <3
If you have any questions or if something here wasn't clear enough, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
How does the banner know my name? o_O Jokes aside, this is a section for stories based on the time period, time line and general points in Skyrim. Correct? :insert fancy reply that says yes: I'm a little confused when you say not to write a story about my character. Can a story have anything to do with the game or just with the general concept of what Skyrim is? I'll clarify if need be. I tend to spew out whatever is on my mind in no orderly fashion.

Love you too!

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
How does the banner know my name? o_O Jokes aside, this is a section for stories based on the time period, time line and general points in Skyrim. Correct? :insert fancy reply that says yes: I'm a little confused when you say not to write a story about my character. Can a story have anything to do with the game or just with the general concept of what Skyrim is? I'll clarify if need be. I tend to spew out whatever is on my mind in no orderly fashion.

Love you too!

Stuff like character journals should go in the blogs section. All other stories related to Skyrim should go here.

Yeah, love writing- aspiring author, right here. I'll right some random tales and stuff. And about not writing charrie journals here, well- what do charrie journals encompass?

What aren't you clear on?
srry, just what kind of stories? is this like a collumn for people to write short stories to be read by all, and how close does it have to pretain to skyrim; i understand tht it should follow proper mythology, but the way u described almost- to me at least- sounds like the stories have to be almost actual quest experiences from the game.
srry again, im not trying to sound rude(if i do), i just have a step-by-step, OCD(and mild ADD) tracked mindframe.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
srry, just what kind of stories? is this like a collumn for people to write short stories to be read by all, and how close does it have to pretain to skyrim; i understand tht it should follow proper mythology, but the way u described almost- to me at least- sounds like the stories have to be almost actual quest experiences from the game.
srry again, im not trying to sound rude(if i do), i just have a step-by-step, OCD(and mild ADD) tracked mindframe.

Hey, no problem at all. Sorry for not really making it clear.

These stories don't have to be about your actual encounters in Skyrim, there just has to be an element of Skyrim in there e.g. you shouldn't write a contemporary story.

So feel free to make a story set in Skyrim and make up your own characters, towns, quests, and just let your imagination go wild. :p

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
And you can write a story about a character here. If you're doing something like keeping an in character journal or diary, that type of material is better suited for the blog section.

could i flesh out my RP charc's backstory and post it here, cuase i could write a novel on him. and i'll keep it skyrim related obviously, just my mini bio i wrote on the charc card isnt all i wanted to say for him; i could get really detailed.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
could i flesh out my RP charc's backstory and post it here, cuase i could write a novel on him. and i'll keep it skyrim related obviously, just my mini bio i wrote on the charc card isnt all i wanted to say for him; i could get really detailed.

Sure, that's completely fine.

You can post anything except a journal of the character you play in Skyrim. :)

if some one comments on my story how do i keep all together between writtings? should i just 'editing' the first post when i want to add to, or should i lable them in chapters(and how could i do that to keep it smooth looking)?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
i have no idea how to do tht

Just make a normal post and paste in, for example, chapter 1. Then post again in the same thread and for the text, just put "Placeholder for chapter 2" or some such. Do that as many times as you think you'll need to get your story out. Then, when people reply it will be after all your placeholder posts so as you put your story in, it will all be consecutive without comments interrupting.

Hey guys. There are just a couple of things you should know before using this section.

For story writers:
  • Please only create one thread for each story regardless of whether it has more than one chapter. If you plan to write more chapters in the future be sure to reserve the next few posts of your thread by simply posting 'reserved for future chapters' to keep the thread clean and organised
  • Choose a suitable name for your story and try your best to make your thread easy to read and organised. Use large bold headings for new chapters and make sure to inform users if there are any spoilers in your thread with the appropriate prefix and at the start of your thread saying what spoilers exist
  • Be open to criticism (both positive and negative)
  • When writing sexually explicit content (smut) be sure to add the 18+ tag as well as a warning preferably in red before the start of the story so if an unsuspecting guest comes in from a search engine they don't get scarred for life. Also, please don't use obvious titles such as "BIG DI** KHAJIIT INSERTS HIS..."
  • Please don't plagiarise other people's work. All stories must be written by you.
For readers:
  • After reading the story, I'm sure the author would appreciate you leaving some feedback on what you think of it. Optionally, you may also rate their post so they can have a to-the-point indication of what people think of it
  • Be sure to criticise constructively and backup your opinions with reasons
  • Threads that are tagged with the 18+ tag contain sexually explicit content (smut) and shouldn't be read by those who are overly sensitive when it comes to these kind of things. You've been warned, remember!
For everyone:
  • Don't feel intimidated by these guidelines. They're here to ensure you have the greatest possible experience in our fan-fiction.
  • If you're reading this, please don't forget that we, the staff here (especially me) love you and would like you to have a great time. <3
If you have any questions or if something here wasn't clear enough, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.

Latest posts