• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What is a better Assassin Weapon?

• Total voters

Cmdr Khaijit

Being an Assassin has to be one of the most fun and enjoyable things to do in the World of Skyrim but can be hard to master. This guide will give you simple key points and tactics on how to become A grade assassin in Skyrim.

Point 1- Equipment- As many of you guys would know, picking your weapon and amour is very important on how you play the game. Being an assassin, choice is also VERY important. First point on equipment is your weapon. Many people argue on what is a better assassin weapon. My choice and opinion is definitely being an archer. Archers are very good being for an assassin as staying sneaky and undetected plus staying from the enemy from a distance is important. Why i prefer archery from say one hand weapon such as dagger or sword is that usually when your a low level such as my self, you cant kill someone one shot and usually tends to bring more enemies which will creates a bigger problem.

Amour is very important to as this will also help tend to keep you undetected and unseen from the enemies. Light Amour is my choice as it very light and your character can sprint away from enemies as quick as possible. Another amour that i prefer is Nightingale amour as this is light and very undetectable. (My character is below for example)

Point 2- Tactics- The main point i want to express on tactics is that keeping low and keeping stealth is KEY. Getting your sneaking up and wearing boots that stop muffling will lower your chance of being seen, resulting in a better kill or assassination. Staying behind objects is also key. Objects that are not to big is best such as a fence, rock or tree. This again will lower the chance of being detected and result in a better kill. Another point you shall remember is that you should always have a back up plan if things go wrong and they will. Doesn't matter is run away but just make sure you have one. But my number 1 rule is BE PATIENT. The minute you rush something, usually things go wrong.

If you put these points in to practice, you soon will become better and better. If you do want to practice, i highly recommended joining the Dark Brotherhood as they will give you good quests to train. Please do not run around towns and cities killing every human being you see. That might be good in the short-term but long-term wise, when doing a mission, you so will released that you cant complete it as you have killed key characters. If you have any question, please ask them. i be happy to answer them! Hope its helped!

Thanx

Cmdr Khaijit :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-20 at 2.57.16 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-04-20 at 2.57.16 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 23

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

ShadowMage

Article Writer

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Not really considering the other Guide was about 3 threads down the same page. He had to of seen it when he went to Skyrim Guides & Tutorials & he obviously didn't read the Guide on Guide Making which is pinned at the top of that same page.

gus99

I was looking to improve my tactics as an archer and, being the expert archer that I am, I knew I wouldn't find much. I still haven't, but you described EVERYTHING I do, leaving only 2 things out:

1. Always have poison in your inventory, be it frostbite or bought
2. Never forget to rely on a Shout or two to get you out of tight spots. ;)

I hope this helped you out a bit. It's nice to know there are still people who know the true Ways of the Archer. I'll definitely recommend this thread to players who want advice on being an archer. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts