Glitch [Guide] How to get a free house.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stone

Retired Moderator
Stone's Guide
How to get a free house.
Introduction
Welcome to my guide. This guide will teach you how to get a free house.
Requirements
- The money of how much the house is.
The Guide
For the purpose of this guide I'm going to use the Whiterun home as an example. Start by going to Dragonreach, north of Whiterun and go inside. Once your inside go up the stairs until you see the bald man who sells the house called "Proventus". Keep waiting until you see him walk off to the right and go up some stairs.
Follow him up the stairs, but don't get to close to him so he doesn't turn around and talk to you. Once you're both up the stairs, follow him until his near a chest. Now save your game incase you fail your first attempt.
Next, get ready to be fast. Talk to him and buy the house. When you click "I'll take it", quickly press circle or B (or whatever the button is on PC), then click on the chest as quick as possible. Go into your 'MISC' section and if you were fast enough you will still have your gold there. Deposit ALL of it there.
Now back out of the chest and he will hand you over the key ect. Interact with the chest again and withdraw your money. Congratulations, you just got a free house. This works with all the house sellers just follow the same steps. If you fail, load your save and try again. Good luck!
Glitch Status:
UNPATCHED! - Get a free house while you can!

iLLoNyX

Arch Mage to Clan Thu'um.
Awesome!!!!!!

Fizzy Menthos

This is awsome, i'm going to try this now on a hose i have been offered for $12000, well after i get $12,000, i'll report the success or failings when i get a chance.

I'm on Xbox....

Stone

Retired Moderator
This is awsome, i'm going to try this now on a hose i have been offered for $12000, well after i get $12,000, i'll report the success or failings when i get a chance.

I'm on Xbox....
It still works, hasn't been patched.

Enjoy. :)

Aldin20

Awesome! Thank you very much! :D

Nord_54

1/25/12 Does this still work?? I followed him upstairs, he sits at a bench, then hovers a map table next to a chest. Once I select buy house, I can't physically get my guy to select the chest....almost like I'm being prevented from doing so. Any thoughts? I just dropped $5K plus $1000 in decorating costs that I'd like to hold onto if possible as I'm building a vacation property in Solitude.

Chaos

Premium Member
I will say, this does not work on PS3 and the house in windhelm. I have spent two hours studying the movements of jarls assistant, he NEVER gets near a chest. Will try others soon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts