[Guide] Destruction Spell Guide

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What is your favorite Destruction Spell Type?

• Fire

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Frost

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Lightning

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Speech500

Fire Spells
Flames
Functions as a Flame thrower, a continual stream of fire.
Novice
50 Gold
8 DPS

Fire Rune
A rune is placed on the floor, exploding with large force when triggered
Apprentice
90 Gold
50 D
Firebolt
A Charged blast of Fire
Apprentice
96 Gold
25 D
Fireball
A Fiery Explosion in 15 ft Radius
Adept
345 Gold
40 D
Flame Cloak
Opponents in Melee range take damage
Adept
325 Gold
8 DPS
Incinerate
A blast that does Large Damage
Expert
710 Gold
60 D
Wall of Flames
Sprayed on the Ground, Creates a wall that does large damage over time
Expert
680 Gold
50 DPS
Fire Storm
A Fiery Explosion centred around the caster. Does more damage to closer targets
Master
1290 Gold
100 D

Ice Spells
Frostbite
Used like a flamethrower, a continual stream of ice
Novice
47 Gold
8 DPS

Frost Rune
A rune is placed on the floor, exploding with large force when triggered
Apprentice
92 Gold
50 D
Icy Spike
A Charged blast of Ice
Apprentice
96 Gold
25 D
Frost Cloak
Opponents in Melee range take damage
Adept
340 Gold
8 DPS
Ice Storm
A Freezing Whirlwind
Adept
360 Gold
40 DPS
Icy Spear
A spear of ice
Expert
725 Gold
60 D
Wall of Frost
Expert
700 Gold
50 DPS
Blizzard
Targets take huge damage over time + Stamina damage
Master
1350 Gold
20 DPS for 20 Seconds

Lightning Spells
Sparks
Used like a flamethrower, a continual stream of Electricity
Novice
46 Gold
8 DPS

Lightning Bolt
A Bolt of Lightning
Apprentice
95 Gold
25 D
Lightning Rune
A trap that explodes with huge force when triggered
Apprentice
93 Gold
25 D
Chain Lightning
Lightning Bolt that does large Damage then leaps to a new target
Adept
390 Gold
40 DPS
Lightning Cloak
For 60 seconds nearby opponents take damage
Adept
360 Gold
8 DPS and 4 Magica DPS
Thunderbolt
A Thunderbolt that does very large Damage
Expert
750 Gold
60 D

Wall of Storms
Expert
725 Gold
50 DPS
Lightning Storm
Targets take 75 DPS to Health and 37 DPS to Magicka
Master
1400 Gold
75 DPS

Sellers
Novice - Nelacar, Stentor, (Fellglow Keep, Helgen Keep during Unbound)
Apprentice - Calcelmo, Falion, Sybille, Stentor, Wylandriah
Adept - Farengar, Secret-Fire, Madena, Wuunderth the Unliving
Expert - Enthir
Master - Faralda

When should i use what?
I have been asked to write when each is useful. There is one rule that is important for figuring this out, they all do the same damage as others of the same spell type, so frostbite is the same as flames and sparks, etc. The difference, apart from visual effects and the actual effect of the spell is that they each do extra damage to a certain statistic of an enemy. Frost magic does usual damage to health and usually half that on top to stamina, this is useful to warriors and flame atronarchs, people who use stamina to do power attacks and flame based enimies or elementals, its quite useless against snow trolls or wraths another useful tip is that frost magic is hard to use on dragons, speedy enimies, frost spells take time to reach enimies so they will be harder to aim. Shock magic usually does normal(ish) damage and half that to magicka, this is very useful against mages, as it saps their magicka, practically stripping them of defense, though man y use wards that stop magic so you may want to go with a weapon for them. It is also something to know that shock magic travels instantly, and is therefore very useful on dragons. The last type of magic is of course, fire. Fire does usual damage and extra damage over time by use of a 'burn' effect. Fire is good against any ice based enemy, such as frost trolls, (those devious bastards) and frost dragons, once they land (fire spells are not instant, so dragons can easily be missed).

I think they are all useful spells but as a whole, the left hand should contain ice for stamina using enemies or shock for magicka using enimies, whilst the right should always contain a good fire spell.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I voted fire cause as a Archer I need something for those pesky Trolls

Windress

I've developed a certain affinity for the Lightning spells. They've been the most helpful to me when bringing down Dragons :D Plus, come on.... Chain Lightning... awesome.

Speech500

I found chain lightning utterly useless. And to be honest it used all my magica, i found for me, lightning bolt does far more damage

Jbcarey

Fire Spells

When should i use what?
I have been asked to write when each is useful. There is one rule that is important for figuring this out, they all do the same damage as others of the same spell type, so frostbite is the same as flames and sparks, etc. The difference, apart from visual effects and the actual effect of the spell is that they each do extra damage to a certain statistic of an enemy. Frost magic does usual damage to health and usually half that on top to stamina, this is useful to warriors and flame atronarchs, people who use stamina to do power attacks and flame based enimies or elementals, its quite useless against snow trolls or wraths another useful tip is that frost magic is hard to use on dragons, speedy enimies, frost spells take time to reach enimies so they will be harder to aim. Shock magic usually does normal(ish) damage and half that to magicka, this is very useful against mages, as it saps their magicka, practically stripping them of defense, though man y use wards that stop magic so you may want to go with a weapon for them. It is also something to know that shock magic travels instantly, and is therefore very useful on dragons. The last type of magic is of course, fire. Fire does usual damage and extra damage over time by use of a 'burn' effect. Fire is good against any ice based enemy, such as frost trolls, (those devious bastards) and frost dragons, once they land (fire spells are not instant, so dragons can easily be missed).

I think they are all useful spells but as a whole, the left hand should contain ice for stamina using enemies or shock for magicka using enimies, whilst the right should always contain a good fire spell.

Thanks for adding this, VERY helpful!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts