Guide and Glitch Specifications

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NeoRoman

This is for custom titles?
Lately I've been seeing people post videos and tutorials pointing players to special items such as hidden chests and other goodies. However, they fail to point out how to specifically get to that area or item, what the player might need before heading out, and other things.

So, in an effort to organize future guides, please be sure to refer to this thread if you're posting up a Guide, Tutorial or other informative thread. Thank you.

Organizing your Thread

If the thread is about...

• Leading the player to an item - Be sure to tell them what they might need as a preresiquite (something they need beforehand) to reach that item. Also, be sure to remind them of dangers along the way to that item: shortcuts, glitches, anything the player may need to watch out for. In addition, tell the player what the item does afterward for them. If it is a chest, tell them the contents and what they do. This will allow the player to decide whether or not the trek is worth the extra time and effort.

• Teaching a player about a certain entity (item, interface, etc.) - Make sure the player knows where to find the entity. We wouldn't want them fumbling over the controls for 10 minutes trying to find it. Also be sure to tell them when and where the best time to use the item is.

• Teaching the player an effective strategy - Try to base your strategy off of public opinion rather than your own. Your way may not always be the right way. Be sure to tell them how successful the strategy is when applied and whether or not it's a good idea to continually use it in multiple situations.

• Leading the player to an easter egg - Refer back to "Leading the player to an item". Inform the player of oncoming dangers while trying to make your way to the easter egg.
I will be improving on this design constantly. I hope this has been useful to those who plan on making helpful guides for the Skyrim community.

P.S. For those of you who were wondering where I went, I was busy being smart in school. Too much homework. Give me until the middle of March and I'll be back to my normal routine. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts