[Guide][After Patch 1.5] How to get 100 Smithing.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

If you've tested this, has it worked for you?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stone

Retired Moderator
Stone's Guide
100 Smithing (after Patch 1.5)
Introduction
Welcome to my guide. This guide will teach you how to get 100 Smithing, after Patch 1.5 which ment that you can no longer train Smithing quickly making daggers.
NOTE: This is untested.
NOTE: May contain minor spoilers.
The Guide
Firstly, make sure you're through the main questline enough until you discover Riften. Join the Thieves Guild. Next, practice pickpocketing from people in "The Ragged Flagon" until your pickpocketing is level 40. (or take an alternative leveling method). Next, you're going to want to become a member of the Companions, you'll know you're a member once you collect the Fragment of Wuuthrad with Farkas.
Once you're a member of the Companions, train with Eorlund grey-mane and pickpocket your money back each time. If you do this, your smithing will get to level 90 and pickpocketing to 100. The next step is to go to "Kolskeggr mine" which is near Markarth. Mine all the gold ores, and turn the ores into ingots at a smelter. You should get a few gems along the way. Now create gold rings with all of the ingots using as many gems as you can.
This should get your smithing level all the way to 100.
Please Remember:
This guide is not confirmed or tested.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There's no advantage I know of for waiting to go to the Thieves Guild to level your pickpocketing. If you get caught pickpocketing a fellow Thieves Guild member you may get kicked out of the Guild and have to pay a fine to be reinstated. I guess the benefit is that you can sell your filched items to Tonilia (the Riften Fence for the Thieves Guild) but you can pickpocket anyone to level pickpocketing. Saving the game using Quick Save is recommended if you want to avoid incurring a bounty. Reload and retry if you get caught.

You wont be able to successfully pickpocket Eorlund after about 30 skill points without taking Pickpocket perks because the difficulty scales with the amount of gold you are pickpocketing. Even with a full pickpocketing build and Eorlund sleeping the success rate will drop to 0% when your Smiting skill is around 75 or so.

Because this method will require you to level pickpocketing to 100 in order to successfully pickpocket Eorlund to the 75 or so skill points at the end of this process you will have accumulated over 10,000xp just from leveling Smithing and Pickpocketing which would be enough to level you to level 26 if you did nothing else.

While these are good concepts to incorporate into an overall scheme to level your Smithing this is not proxy for the old way of fast power leveling Smithing skill to 100 by forging iron daggers. Those days are gone and players expectations are going to have to be a little more realistic and in line with power leveling other skills.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Keep in mind you can only train 5 levels with an NPC for every overall level for your character.
I'm aware.

While these are good concepts to incorporate into an overall scheme to level your Smithing this is not proxy for the old way of fast power leveling Smithing skill to 100 by forging iron daggers. Those days are gone and players expectations are going to have to be a little more realistic and in line with power leveling other skills.

I agree, but then again didn't claim for it to be `proxy` for the old way of fast power leveling Smithing. This is just the easiest way that I know to train it now.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I'm confused, here you say ........
NOTE: This is untested.
NOTE: May contain minor spoilers.
Please Remember:
This guide is not confirmed or tested.

And yet you go on to say .....

This is just the easiest way that I know to train it now.

Maybe I was wrong, but I thought the idea of the Guides was something that was proven to actually work. How can it be a Guide if it's not Proven & Tested first ?

Samkerblam

If You really want to level smithing quite high quickly
get your smithing level to steel plate stage then get as much corrundrum ore and iron ore as possible make that into ingots and also steel
buy some leather strips and make as much steel plate armor as possible this will also make you quite a bit of money if you sell them to a black smith, but also you will not be able to run due to the weight of the armor

Latest posts