• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

alceryes

Well, the 'official' skyrim forum moderators have started taking a very heavy hand in thread and topic management so one of the regulars over there pointed me to this forum (thanks @dalonduluc!).
The official forums no longer allow 'socializing' on their social platform. Not breaking any rules of courtesy, civility, or common sense, mind you, they just don't want a post like, "Good morning, coffee's on. How's everyone's skyrim character doing?"

Anywho, these forums may get a tad busier with a mini exodus from the official forums. I know of at least a dozen others who are fed up with how they are operating over there. Not to mention the continual 503 errors because they are running the forums on a hamster-wheel budget.

Last edited:

Hart

Sassmaster
Well hi there! Welcome to the forums. We're a quiet little group, but the SB (shoutbox) can get busy from time to time.

Old members come and go, and I happen to be a "newer" member, although I've been here 2+ years. Cordelia is our resident mod, and she oversees the shenanigans and puts a tamper on anyone who's just trying to troll or flame. (We've have some trouble with spammers)

There's RP's a plenty if you're looking into that, too. But other than that, hi! I'm Hart, or Stag. Whichever you prefer, and we're here to help you. :)

@alceryes

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Welcome aboard. :)

And thanks for the heads up. I had noticed three or four other new members who came from Bethsoft forums, and knew Daelon. I'll make sure the coffee is fresh and the snacks are available in sufficient number to sustain new friends. ^__^

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Welcome aboard. :)

And thanks for the heads up. I had noticed three or four other new members who came from Bethsoft forums, and knew Daelon. I'll make sure the coffee is fresh and the snacks are available in sufficient number to sustain new friends. ^__^
I'll bring the Blackbriar Mead and the Sweetrolls!

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Excellent, Daelon. Will anyone sign up to bring venison or a nice hearty soup entré?

Ancano

High Justiciar
From the sound of it seems like they have gone the way of Facist Nexus.

Was a modder on Nexus for awhile and member for several years. They banned me over something really stupid relating to a discussion (ie socializing) and no one else.
Fortunately I took down on all my work, - deleted my mods w/ thousands of weekly downloads - while in the process of being banned. Was even able to call out the corrupt moderator one last time before the lockout. Also glad I didn't give them any money. This is a small rant I know however look around Google about this topic and others have been thru the same with that site.

Alot of the problem stems from biased moderators and site owner doesn't care however it's their site and it's their choice if they wish to run it into the ground. Nothing is going to change until enough ppl start standing up to them - no matter the cost - and site mgmt learns some respect for the ppl who make their site possible in the first place.

Best wishes here.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts