PC Graphics Card Question.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Justin Mitchell

Light Armoured Photographer
I know little about graphics cards, but I'm Buying Skyrim for PC for Christmas (own PS3 version) and I want to make sure I have the necessary hardware. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with 6GB RAM I think. Also, the base graphics card (Intel something or other)
What's a good graphics card that won't break the bank to use for Skyrim? I also do flight simming and I'm tired of the game looking like a cartoon. I want a card that would be good for both.
Thanks in advance,
Justin

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
I know little about graphics cards, but I'm Buying Skyrim for PC for Christmas (own PS3 version) and I want to make sure I have the necessary hardware. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with 6GB RAM I think. Also, the base graphics card (Intel something or other)
What's a good graphics card that won't break the bank to use for Skyrim? I also do flight simming and I'm tired of the game looking like a cartoon. I want a card that would be good for both.
Thanks in advance,
Justin

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Are you wanting to purchase a graphics card for a PC? Or are you wanting to purchase a laptop with a certain type of graphics card?

If you are whats your budget for hardware?

Justin Mitchell

I want to buy a card for my laptop. I'm not sure that it will really work.
I'm not sure about budget, but under $100 would be nice.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
In all likelihood you can't upgrade your laptop with a graphics card. Most laptops that only have Intel HD Graphics don't have a slot on the motherboard to add a discrete laptop video card. In addition even if it did you would have to find a retailer who actually sells them and also find a retailer that sells heatsinks that will fit into your casing and over the mobo because without them the card may overheat rather quickly.

Justin Mitchell

Thanks, folks. That's what I was afraid of, Dagmar. I was hoping that I could upgrade it, but it looks like I will have to wait and just buy a PC. Thanks again.

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
The cost of upgrading the laptop's graphics card will be higher than your budget.

The outcome will also not be the same in performance compared to a laptop made with a better graphics card. Laptops are just really not suitable for gaming.

If you still want to upgrade however, phone the guys you bought it from and ask them about upgrading. Provide the laptop's specs, model number etc.

But my advice would be getting a PC. Laptops performance sucks to that of a PC with any GTX / Radeon series graphics cards.

Justin Mitchell

Thanks, Anthrax! I'm currently looking at gaming PC's. I've never been very good with a keyboard/mouse, but I'll probably use my PS3 controller.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts