Good place to farm lockpicking?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowmatrix

I have 98 lockpicking I'm trying to get it too level 100. And I need a good place for any master locks or a place that has alot of locks.

AS88

Staff member
Open every door in every city and every locked chest you see, that's the simplest (most tedious) way. Buy some training from Ma'jhad or Vex every level.

To be honest, the skill itself is fairly easy, just look for little marks on the outside of the lock fitting and go by those. By the time you're level 50 lockpicking, you should be able to open anything with this method. :)

AS88

Staff member
No offense, but yes.

The first part of my post was more to the OP, only 2 levels of lockpicking left, maybe it isn't worth looking all over the map for master locks, when if he just picks everything he'll find more XP and waste less time.

The second part was to a more general audience. There's a lot of people on these forums who are new to the game (or certain facets) looking for general advice, often posting questions on threads with simple answers or posting threads which aren't really needed. Thus, by addressing general lockpicking in a brief two sentences, hopefully someone will take the advice.

There's a number of ways to boost your skill, though.
- Find Shahvee's amulet
- Find Finn's Lute
- Choosing the path of the Thief when reading the Oghma Infinium
- Visiting the Dwemer Museum and opening all the boxes, most are adept/expert
- The skill books
(elderscrolls.wikia.com - Lockpicking)

I hope this proves to be a little more satisfactory for you.

Texas fight

No offense, but yes.

The first part of my post was more to the OP, only 2 levels of lockpicking left, maybe it isn't worth looking all over the map for master locks, when if he just picks everything he'll find more XP and waste less time.

The second part was to a more general audience. There's a lot of people on these forums who are new to the game (or certain facets) looking for general advice, often posting questions on threads with simple answers or posting threads which aren't really needed. Thus, by addressing general lockpicking in a brief two sentences, hopefully someone will take the advice.

There's a number of ways to boost your skill, though.
- Find Shahvee's amulet
- Find Finn's Lute
- Choosing the path of the Thief when reading the Oghma Infinium
- Visiting the Dwemer Museum and opening all the boxes, most are adept/expert
- The skill books
(elderscrolls.wikia.com - Lockpicking)

I hope this proves to be a little more satisfactory for you.
You're a gentleman and a scholar. Sorry for being a jerk by nature.

ShadowGambit

Use the Skeleton Keys with NO lockpick in your inventory.

Try any lock (but the harder the better) and go the exact opposite as opening it.

The skeleton Key is an "unbreakable lockpick" and you will get experience for "failing" to open a lock.

The reason for NO LOCKPICKS in your inventory is that even if teh Skeleton key is unbreakable, failing to open a lock (aka like breaking a lockpick) will decrease the number of lockpicks you have in your inventory. But if you have none, you can still pick locks with the Skeleton Key.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts