• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Go to the UESP wiki, search "Argonian Names" and then make some alternation on one of the 40-50 or so names.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I named my characters after the ones in my favorite books, Bram Stoker's Dracula and The Historian.

Vlad Dracula - The name of the character Bram Stoker based his vampire on. Vlad III patronym name was Dracula, meaning son of Dracul (his father's sir name) or Son of the Dragon/Devil.

Mina Tepes - A play on Mina and Dracula's Movie romance, which never happen in the book. Tepes is the Romain for Impaler. Ex: Vlad The Impaler.

Harker - The sir name of Johnathan and Mina in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I named my female nord Reiki, I dunno what I was thinking at the moment. it's a bit unusual for a nord..

Twiffle

Hindu names are best

Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta

Venkatanarasimha Rajuvaripet

Maruthhur Gopalamenon Ramachandran

Singanlluru Puttaswamayya Mutthuraju

my wife is Tamil,, you want to try those names,, go on i dare you, , :D

Twiffle

i have an orc warrior names Bam Bam (flintstones)

a kajhiit thief names four-fingers-kitkat

my current is a Nord names Gatticus Ferrum, , i had a serious moment, it wont happen again, :D

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
My Characters have always been Latin for something, or just random. Filius Lupus is Latin for son of the wolf, which i used since i roleplay as hircine's son. I also had a kajiit who was called Alri'x the beast, that kajiit took me 3 hours in character creation and looked like a wolf, it was amazing

i named my most favorite nord character with Wulfharth Dragon-Hearth,Wulfharth is the name of the Legendary God-Damn Powerfull undead who had died twice/or three times maybe,and Dragon-Hearth well i don't know i think it's just cool to be heard of......

annelid

Noob
I don't really think too much about it.

My male Wood Elf is called 'Annelid' (latin for Worm) and my female Nord is 'Morel' , which is a kind of mushroom, for no apparent reason.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Currently have three characters going.

Old Nord warrior, Kolvir Troll-Slayer.

Imperial Legate, Marcus Atilius Corvinus.

Dunmer Mage, Dralas.

AS88

Staff member
Mine are mostly in my sig, although I've had many others over the time I've played Skyrim. I had a Khajiit named Ja'Kaasha, which was one of my favourite names for a character.

I've also just come up with a few more characters. An Imperial named Garrus Platorius, a Dunmer named Llevan Remeth, and a Nord named Iver the Lean.

Thodas

I generally go to the UESP wiki and use the name guides. It's important to me for my character to have a lore friendly name.

Two Bears

Of my many characters, some greatest hits were a Nord named Tordiir Black-Bane, a Reachman named Morys, a High Rock Breton named Revel Gareau, an Orc named Kelbah gra-Shorma, a Dunmer named Felas Hlaalu and an Imperial named Thracius Mocius. So, yes, I always go for lore-friendly names.

ShadowHunter

A few of my names are: Stealth/Assassin Khajiit- S'thaar, Orc- Varok Saurfang, Nord- Perseus, and Redguard- Cyrus

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
My current four characters are:

Do-good Nord Warrior - Hallgeir Desert-Strider

Immoral Imperial Vampire - Sextus Petronius Casca

Sneaky Khajiit Thief/Assassin - Jo'Basha

Erratic Altmer Battlemage - Trish

Other than Trish, I try my best to follow lore.

M@t

This is completely random but it sounds good for characters. Not going to specify any race, but it'd work well for a name.
Kaivoti
This name popped up in a dream, it's all I remember. Nothing on the internet matches it as of now. It's pronounced "K-AY-vote-y. :)

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I swear I think naming a character is the hardest part. Every once in awhile inspiration hits me but usually I have to sit and think. Once I get a cool sounding name I tend to reuse it so I've had several warriors named Kor or other manly sounding names. I think Orcs and Khajiit are the only ones I make a serious effort at being lore friendly. And because I have one of THOSE senses of humor my Orcs nearly always have gro-Apair as their last name. :rolleyes:

Raven Dark is my go-to for a female thief/assassin/vampire.

I must admit I'm rather proud of my latest, which not only sounds fitting as a fantasy name but has a double meaning. Say it fast. :D

Sirri Elk Killer.

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
I make mine up. Probably similar names or names that might already exist. Either way I don't look at sources nor do I just pull something out of my arse. I ponder what type of characters they are and then visualize a name for them. Lucien, Nephor, Zarak, Trista and Shevarah are just a few I've come up with that I'm writing about.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts