• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Beran

Official Writing Team
As a guideline, I never have a character without a race specific name, so I don't have an Argonian called Fred, or a Nord named J'arzart etc.

I normally pic names from fiction, my username (Beran) was taken from Beranabus, a character in Darren Shan fiction. This makes it easier in my opinion.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I flog mine from important characters in the WH40K universe. Im a 40K lore addict.

Baldr

Use a Viking name, or a name from Norse mythology for a nord. The skyrim world is much the same as morse mythology. Look what elves were named

That's where I got Baldr

It's not how we fall which defines us but how we rise after falling

YoungLord94

Yokudan Refugee
I named my Saxhleel (Argonian), Scar-Face. Because of these cool-looking scratch marks I put on his right cheek.

Hindu names are best

Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta

Venkatanarasimha Rajuvaripet

Maruthhur Gopalamenon Ramachandran

Singanlluru Puttaswamayya Mutthuraju

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
All of my characters have been named after people from A Song of Ice and Fire. Rhaegar, Tyrek, and Renly are my three favorites.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I named my character after Quanah Parker, the most intelligent and savage Indian Comanche Chief of all time. After reading Empire of the Summer Moon then playing Skyrim, I had no other choice.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Khajiit = NineLives (cause well... cats have nine lives :confused:)
Altmer = Artemia (a play off of Artemis, though it's ironic that she shuns weapon use)

Halkin

pzzzztt
my current is called Nagilum, its a reference to a Star Trek Next Generation character who is to be honest an extremely nasty piece of work.

generally my character dont really have anything to do with the game at hand or any specific influence, just whatever springs to mind at the time

cmp007

There was another thread about names and I think me and a buddy of mine are the only ones that took the funny name route. everyone elses is serious lol

Krilot Sivaas Do Zoor

Khajiit Brawler
My Orc is named Alkier. I don't recall where I got the name. I just remember sitting at the character creation screen trying to think of a name and it just kinda popped into my head.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I was disappointed that the Skyrim Collector's Guide didn't have a list of name ideas. At least there's Tamriel Rebuilt to get name ideas from.

benathius

may not believe this but its true .. i work in entertainment ,mostly circuses and growing up we used to look after tigers and my favorite was called kashmir so thats what iv called my khajiit

Ravenna

Its eyes are black, its skin is white
I prefer to stick to race specific names too. When I make an argonian, I usually make "translated names" for them, like alot of the argonians who claim their black marsh name is impossible to pronounce. My breton has a french name like the bretons in oblivion, rather than celtic.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts