• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Huntagalos

I am SUPER excited for the Elder Scrolls Online and am looking to buy a new laptop in the near future. I am not a big tech guy so was wondering if this laptop in your opinions would be able to handle ESO. Here is the link. Just copy and paste it to your search address bar.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+15.6%22+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Sparkling+Black/7905098.p;jsessionid=DB0BD0016131ADF0BA12D182842B0C45.bbolsp-app01-132?id=1218862002059&skuId=7905098&st=Hp%20Pavilion&cp=1&lp=3

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
That link doesn't work for me but I looked up the laptop by the SKU number and no that laptop won't be able to handle any demanding video game well let alone ESO. If you tried to play Skyrim on that laptop you would have to go into the skyrimprefs file and crank down all the graphics settings to extremely low variables including resolutions much worse than any gaming console and nerfed draw distances and particle effects just to get the game running stable. As an online game it's highly probable that ESO is going to be even more demanding on a pc's hardware.

Unless you have a lot of cash on hand for a laptop ($1,000 plus) I don't recommend you go that route to meet your PC gaming needs. The fact of the matter is that it costs well over twice as much money to purchase a laptop than it does to purchase or build a desktop pc with the same capabilities for playing PC games.

iTz BlaKe B

I've been looking at a couple guides on building a Desktop as mines starting to grow roots. How much do you think it'd cost to build a decent gaming Computer around 750? If I built it could I salvage some stuff from this computer? I know everything has to be all compatible and this may not be the correct forum for this but I'm interested in investing in a new PC this summer also. ;)

I'm not an expert on laptop, but an Alienware gaming laptop of some sort would be damn near perfect for any game on the computer.

Huntagalos

That link doesn't work for me but I looked up the laptop by the SKU number and no that laptop won't be able to handle any demanding video game well let alone ESO. If you tried to play Skyrim on that laptop you would have to go into the skyrimprefs file and crank down all the graphics settings to extremely low variables including resolutions much worse than any gaming console and nerfed draw distances and particle effects just to get the game running stable. As an online game it's highly probable that ESO is going to be even more demanding on a pc's hardware.

Unless you have a lot of cash on hand for a laptop ($1,000 plus) I don't recommend you go that route to meet your PC gaming needs. The fact of the matter is that it costs well over twice as much money to purchase a laptop than it does to purchase or build a desktop pc with the same capabilities for playing PC games.
What if it has certain attachments? Such as updated RAM and other things?

Dagmar

I'm not an expert on laptop, but an Alienware gaming laptop of some sort would be damn near perfect for any game on the computer.
Alienware laptops can be good but they're overpriced. About 10-25% of what your paying for is a brand compared to PC gaming laptops from manufacturers like Asus and MSI.
What if it has certain attachments? Such as updated RAM and other things?
More system memory aka RAM won't do anything for a laptop like the one you posted. In general more than 4GB of RAM is almost worthless for running most applications including PC games. The bottleneck is the GPU which is why that laptop is priced so cheap. In a gaming laptop it's arguably the most expensive component in the laptop accounting for up to one third of the cost of the rig.

iTz BlaKe B

GPU is you Graphics Processing Unit. They can run you a couple hundred bucks. Newegg.com is the best site I know to buy new computer parts by the way. Good place to price parts anyway

Dagmar

GPU is you Graphics Processing Unit. They can run you a couple hundred bucks. Newegg.com is the best site I know to buy new computer parts by the way. Good place to price parts anyway
Not for a laptop video card. It's hard to even find a dealer that sells them and they are a lot more than a couple hundred bucks if you can find a dealer. PC gaming laptop manufacturers get special bulk discounted rates for them directly from NVIDIA and AMD. Individual consumers don't. A decent one like an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M will cost $400 or more assuming you can even find one for sale. There are other issues with upgrading on your own with laptops such as mobo compatibility, spacing and placement of heat sinks. I don't recommend trying it for a laptop. It's better to have the dealer setup the hardware you want at purchase which you can do with dealers of Asus and MSI gaming laptops.

iTz BlaKe B

Now you're going to make me spend all my money on all this computer gaming and I won't be able to get a PS4 or any of the next Gen consoles lol. Do you have any Laptops or Desktops from MSI or Asus you recommend. I'll probably buy something over the summer.

Dagmar

Powernotebooks.com is a good dealer for gaming laptops. They have a wide variety of MSI and Asus configurations but unless you have a compelling reason to get a laptop instead of a desktop I would recommend going with the desktop. I don't use a desktop but two sites that seem to be pretty good are cyberpowerpc.com and xoticpc.com.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Hey Dag , I am not good when it comes it PC's so can I ask you something ?
Can you suggest some good components that I should build with for my desktop ?

P.S : I am looking to run some high graphics games like Far Cry 3 , Bioshock Infinite etc and have a fast responsive system.

jarif

i have that laptop and it is good for gaming ( i have g7) zenimax have stated they wanted ESO to work on most pc's including macs so yeah theirs your answer

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
I would suggest not to find a Laptop that meets the exact specifications of the game, because that's usually the minimum, always try to go above it.

My Laptop will be able to run TESO I believe, pretty well, if it can run Skyrim and Oblivion at the same time, with over 80 mods combined. I should be fine.

HOWEVER! Having a game go Online, always messes with pure Graphics, CPU, and the such.
You're not only rendering yourself and a Gameworld, but also a ton of other people who will run all over the place; so the game will be hard on the CPU.

I honestly cannot say if that Laptop will run the game well.
Sorry for not being of more help :confused:

jarif

I would suggest not to find a Laptop that meets the exact specifications of the game, because that's usually the minimum, always try to go above it.

My Laptop will be able to run TESO I believe, pretty well, if it can run Skyrim and Oblivion at the same time, with over 80 mods combined. I should be fine.

HOWEVER! Having a game go Online, always messes with pure Graphics, CPU, and the such.
You're not only rendering yourself and a Gameworld, but also a ton of other people who will run all over the place; so the game will be hard on the CPU.

I honestly cannot say if that Laptop will run the game well.
Sorry for not being of more help :confused:
i have that laptop well the G7 it can run any game pretty much but its not perfect

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
i have that laptop well the G7 it can run any game pretty much but its not perfect
Let's not forget, you could have the Computer of a God, and still lag if the game servers are wonky.

It's not always about how grand of a Computer, but how grand of a Server you play on that could determine your gameplay.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts