• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sirenssixx

okay so I'm new to skyrim and after failing with a few characters ive decided on a build as a battlemage, Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! . I'm calling it a battlemage because I don't know what else it would be called, maybe a battle summoner? focusing on archery and conjuration with the bound bow, heavy armor, and smithing so when i max that out i can make dragon armor. so what is your opinion on the build? and, assuming the level cap is 80/81 and not 50, what should i focus on after these main skills are done?

J

Jeremius

Just my personal opinion. You seem to be focusing too much on Archery, plus you will likely want enchanting more than smithing, so as to make your spells cost less.

I suggest taking out at least Ranger and Hunter's Discipline, maybe Bulls-eye from archery.Could perhaps switch to light armor, as if you are a mage/archer, you should not need the massive protection.

sirenssixx

I can't switch to light armor on this character since I've already put 6 perks towards it, but you're right, i think I'm going to forget the smithing and go with enchanting, i actually wasn't sure if enchanting affected conjuration spells, the good thing about this though is without putting any more points towards heavy or light armor i may be able to spare some points for restoration, at least being able to cast them for half magicka would help since i sometimes end up needing the extra life when i don't have potions.

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! maybe that's a better build?

sirenssixx

only way i could switch to light armor is if i was sure that the level cap is 81 not 50 but im still not clear on that xD

J

Jeremius

One Level cap is 81, but that is the hard cap, the soft cap is 50 because it is harder to get to 81 after 50. I suggested light armor, because as a mage/archer you do not need to be getting hit a whole lot.

Plus, if you are going to use bound bows often, you may not need soul squeezer, soul siphon or the weapon enchants.

I am building a light armor spellsword myself, have not touched her recently, but the idea is good.

also contact Psiberzerker, or Squirrel_killer-, they know more about this stuff than I do.

Also decide which spells from conjuration you may most likely use, and drop the other "summons" perks, do not need all of them if you won't use them

sirenssixx

One Level cap is 81, but that is the hard cap, the soft cap is 50 because it is harder to get to 81 after 50. I suggested light armor, because as a mage/archer you do not need to be getting hit a whole lot.

Plus, if you are going to use bound bows often, you may not need soul squeezer, soul siphon or the weapon enchants.

I am building a light armor spellsword myself, have not touched her recently, but the idea is good.

also contact Psiberzerker, or Squirrel_killer-, they know more about this stuff than I do.
I'm going to make a new character not deleting my current 1 to try out the suggestions you've given me and see how it works for me. I have to admit that I actually never looked at the effects of light armor worrying that if I were to ever get hit by anything that I'd be taken out immediately, but now that I've taken a look at them I'm actually surprised at the effects it has against melee attacks.
Also the only reason I plan on adding soul stealer is so I can get oblivion binding.

J

Jeremius

I'm going to make a new character not deleting my current 1 to try out the suggestions you've given me and see how it works for me. I have to admit that I actually never looked at the effects of light armor worrying that if I were to ever get hit by anything that I'd be taken out immediately, but now that I've taken a look at them I'm actually surprised at the effects it has against melee attacks.
Also the only reason I plan on adding soul stealer is so I can get oblivion binding.

wasn't talking about soul stealer, just the soul gem ones from the enchanting skill tree. from the conjuration tree, look at the elemental summoning or necromancy perks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts