Xbox One Glitched Game, cannot search dead people

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm doing this mission and I kill a guy where I have to deactivate a shield for the moth priest and I can't search the guy who has the item I need. I've reinstalled the game, not fast traveled to the place and I don't know what to do please help. Well what I mean by not fast travelling is that I'm currently not fast travelling to see if that'll help.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
I've found two possible solutions to your problem.

The first is to hold A and pick up the body, move it to a different spot, and drop it. This may cause the body to be lootable.

The second is this (from a player with the exact same problem; same quest, same boss, on Xbox): "I got it, lol. After I killed the boss and all his goons for the fourth time, it happened again. Couldn't loot his body. But his body fell on a set of stairs leading to his crypt, and right before I decided to turn and exit the dungeon and re-enter, I turned around and FUS RO DUH'd the living pl*ps out of his corpse. I ran across the room to his body and what do ya know, press A to loot. My thu'um worked it's magic."

Maybe one of these methods could work for you. Please let me know, either way. :)

I've found two possible solutions to your problem.

The first is to hold A and pick up the body, move it to a different spot, and drop it. This may cause the body to be lootable.

The second is this (from a player with the exact same problem; same quest, same boss, on Xbox): "I got it, lol. After I killed the boss and all his goons for the fourth time, it happened again. Couldn't loot his body. But his body fell on a set of stairs leading to his crypt, and right before I decided to turn and exit the dungeon and re-enter, I turned around and FUS RO DUH'd the living pl*ps out of his corpse. I ran across the room to his body and what do ya know, press A to loot. My thu'um worked it's magic."

Maybe one of these methods could work for you. Please let me know, either way. :)
Alright. I'll need some dragon souls :D

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
The eternal quest. Mmmm, such delicious souls.

Pixelmon523

I found another way with a Xbox mod it's the cheat room and you get a couple spells do cheat spell options cheat 1 and view NPC inventory hit them with the cheat spell and boom you can see their inventory for those who like mods

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts