• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Being that I'm now a fan of this series, and it all started with Skyrim, I knew that I would get Oblivion and keep it. I didn't know if I would like it. At first I didn't, though I was pulled in by the superbly voiced Uriel Septim. Too bad he has to die so early! So, once I had a better idea what I was doing, after getting to level 5, I started a new character. This time I actually like the way my character looks, (which is one of the challenges of this game, getting your face to not look absurd..). His name is Sigurd the Black, who is an ancestor of Kohlar the Unkilled. During the tutorial on my second playthrough, I was DETERMINED to prevent Septim from being assassinated, even though you can't.

Anyway, I find myself enjoying the game, and anyone who is a true fan of this series needs to own this game and give it the playthrough it deserves. It made Skyrim possible, after all. Plus I know when I go back to Skyrim and continue the adventures of Kohlar, I'll have a whole new appreciation for the superior design of the fifth installment of this legendary series of games.

If you could successfully combine key features from both skyrim and oblivion into a game... could you imagine? Like weapon condition, the persuasion system and athletics and acrobatics skills.

Plus I find the storytelling and sidequests in that game just a little more immersive, and they seem legit. Also how every city is distinctly different.

Oblivion is a great game.

JClarke1953

Can you tell me how it would be with an XBox attached to a large LCD flat screen? Would getting Oblivion be worth it?

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I believe it would be worth it regardless of the system or screen. However, I have since gone back to Skyrim. It's not that I'm done with Oblivion, its just that I'm not tired of Skyrim. I will get back to Oblivion when Kohlar accomplishes all he's set out to do.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Can you tell me how it would be with an XBox attached to a large LCD flat screen? Would getting Oblivion be worth it?
Yes, I have an XBox with a large-ish television and I can tell you it will work fine. It will still have trademark Bethesda glitches, but other than that it's a grand experience.

JClarke1953

Guess I'll have to give it a shot. Sure would like to see the how's and why's of things before Skyrim.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
ahhh! Oblivion such a fine game I got it after I got skyrim and I say it was really good choice

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts