Giving names to an otherwise name-less race

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
So, I am working on a fanfic, and on several occasions my character communicates with Spriggans. The details of how this works I shall leave out for now. I intend for several Spriggan characters to exist within the fan-fic, serving roles that help to progress the story along. As they are intelligent and possess the ability to talk in my story, I want to give some of them names.

But then, Spriggans are never given names in TES, are they? So I need to make some of my own.
My initial plan was to give them names similar to those of Ents from Tolkien's work; Tree-related names such as Quickbeam and Treebeard (only two Ent names I can remember on the spot). But even with that template to work with, I am still struggling for names. So my question is, Can you think of any names that would be fitting for these nature spirits?

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I'd say say the ent names would work, you could try to find a ent name generator perhaps?

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Thank you for the quick response, guys! I haven't properly started the fanfic yet, but that name generator will really be useful (I'm hoping).

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Thank you for the quick response, guys! I haven't properly started the fanfic yet, but that name generator will really be useful (I'm hoping).

Make sure to show it!

-The Ice Queen-

Rightful Queen of Skyrim
I also recommend using Celtic-influenced name or words, like Samhain (pronounced say-win, if I remember correctly.) Works great for Nords or Bretons, too. Good luck on your fanfic!

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Sprogg, Spig, Trent, Thatch.

Words to play with;

Branch, Twig, Trunk, Leaf, Spring, Ent.

Treeple : Tree people

Base names around characteristics, bold or strong? Trent or something.

Weirdly creative lol, just ideas...

Latest posts