PC Ghost of Svaknir [Dead Man's Respite] stuck, can I move him?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rautaa

Since I have game crashing problems in other quests (see other thread) I decided to do the quests for the Bards.

In the dungeon Dead Men's Respite I am again in trouble: There is an iron gate that I can't seem to find a lever or chain to open. I presume this is because Svaknir's ghost is stuck on a wall at the very beginning of the dungeon.

Since he's a ghost, unrelenting force does nothing. Is there any way (console?) to move him and get him unstuck?

The gate in question is below the staircase from the expert level door/master level chest, after the magically sealed door and arcane enchanter. None of the walkthrough's mention this as an obstacle, so either I am too blind to find how to open the gate, or the stuck ghost is supposed to do it.

Edit: Found this in a guide, I think it's this room I am talking about, problem is, that the gate is shut infront of me, not behind: "In the next chamber, the gate will shut behind you and five Draugr will attack."

Rautaa

Basically I am asking these things:

Is there any way to...

1) Move an ethereal NPC that you can't interact with?
2) Walk through the gate?
3) Reset the dungeon?
or
4) Must I wait for 30 days and hope the dungeon is completely reset and working?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts