Getting the best possible Equipment in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bladvak7

This guide is for use in creating the highest possible armor and weapon ratings as well as the most powerful enchantments.

Disclaimer: I cannot say with certainty that the information in this guide is 100% accurate. There may be other guides similar to this on the forum, I don't know. I certainly did not copy anyone, this is my own work

You will need:

-100 Smithing + the perk of the armor set you wish to use + Arcane smithing (recommended)

-100 Enchanting + 5/5 Enchanter perk + Insightful enchanter perk + Fire/frost/storm enchanter perk (if you're planning on enchanting your weapon with these effects) + Extra effect (Highly recommended)

-100 Alchemy + 5/5 alchemist perk + Benefactor perk

-3 head slot items
-3 glove slot items
-4 necklaces
-4 rings
-1 chest slot item
What these pieces are made of is irrelevant. I recommend leather because it is inexpensive. They must not be enchanted

-You need to know the Fortify smithing and Fortify alchemy enchantments as well as the enchantments you plan on using on your best set of armour. the easiest way to get the alchemy enchantment is to complete the sub-quest during the Mourning Never Comes quest in the Dark Brotherhood story line. You will receive Muiri's ring. Disenchant it to get the enchantment.

-20 grand or black soul gems filled with grand souls (21 if using a shield or dual-wielding)
a good way to get these is to travel to all the court wizards and buy their filled and empty soul gems. The best way to fill empty ones is to soul trap mammoths and kill them.

- For enchanting potions: 3 out of the following 4 items. you will need 10 of each of the 3 items though more is recommended as you can use the extra potions for later enchanting

- Blue butterfly wing Enclosed forests such as Bloated man's grotto are full of them
- Hargraven claw Often lying about in alchemy shops or for sale. Lots at the College.
- Snowberries plenty at the College and Nightgate inn
- Spriggan sap Collected of Spriggan matrons in encloesed forests

- For Smithing potions: 3 out of the following 4 items. you will need 2 of each of the 3 items though more is recommended as you can use the extra potions for later smithing

- Blisterwort often a few in caves such halldir's cairn
- Glowing mushroom Blackreach and other caves have lots.
- Sabre cat tooth two in drela's cottage or else just kill the cats
- Spriggan sap Collected of Spriggan matrons in encloesed forests

- a full set of armor and a weapon that you wish to become your best set
Recommended sets are: Glass, Dragonscale, Dragonplate or Daedric. The best weapons are Daedric unless you have the Dawnguard DLC in which case they are dragonbone weapons.

- upgrade materials for your set of armor.

Procedure

1. Find an arcane enchanter and then enchant your leather braces and helmet as well as your necklace and ring with the fortify alchemy enchantment. Remember to use your Grand/black soul gems. each piece of equipment should now have a 25% bonus to alchemy.

2. Find an alchemy lab and create two enchanting potions using three of the ingredients listed above (blue butterfly wing etc.) Remember to be wearing the set you created in step one.

3. Go back to the enchanter and drink an enchanting potion from step 2. Enchant your helmet, gloves, necklace and ring with the alchemy enchantment. I find there is only enough time to enchant two pieces of equipment per potion as they only give you 30 seconds before the effect runs out. that is why I told you to make 2 potions instead of 1. This new equipment should add 28% each to alchemy

4. Equip your newest equipment and return to the alchemy lab. Make the rest of your ingredients into enchanting potions. these enchanting potions should give a 32% bonus. This is the cap Bethesda have put in for enchanting potions so you will not need to make any more.

5. return once again to the enchanter and enchant your gloves, necklace and ring with both the fort alchemy and fort smithing enchantments. Then place alchemy on your remaining helmet and smithing on your body slot piece. Remember again to only do it two pieces at a time as the potions run out very quickly. Each piece of equipment should give 29% bonuses. if you dont have the extra affect perk you will need to create an extra set for the different enchantments.

6. Equip the set and go back to the alchemy lab and use your second set of ingredients to create a few fortify smithing potions. they should have a bonus of 130% to smithing.

7. Head on back to the enchanter and now its time for the real fun. Drink your potions and enchant your best gear with the desired enchantments. there is no 'best enchantment' it is a matter of personal preference and also your character build. For the very best equipment the extra effect perk is recommended as you can put two enchantments on one piece of Equipment. Once again do it two at a time. (Note: if you don't have the Arcane Blacksmith perk you will have to do step 8 before this step).

8. Go to a place that has both a workbench and a grindstone. Equip your crafting armor and take your smithing potion. Use the workbench to upgrade your armor. Wait for the first potion to wear of and then drink your second. Use the grindstone to upgrade your weapon.

9. Go out and kill something for God's sake!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts