• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Aela the Huntress, Beloved wife of Sir. Stabby McCutapunk, Thaness of Whiterun and Solitude was killed today. Her life was cut short at the feet of 3 Mammoths on the outskirts of Whiterun.
In lieu of flowers, donations are being made in her honor to The Whiterun Department of Kneecap Armor R&D…a cause dear to her heart….....

Anybody know how I can get remarried? I can’t find my amulet, if I sold I don’t remember to who, and I can’t get the priest to sell me another one. Any help would be appreciated, a Breton has needs..if you know what I’m sayin

nancy

You think you have problems?!?! I have three Ammulets and NO ONE will Marry this Orc :sadface: so I hope this puts a light in your damper... BTW Orcs need love too..

BSE

From Skyrim Wiki (sorry for the blue, copied it and it wont let me change the color):

The Amulet of Mara can also be found:
  • In an end table once Breezehome is fully upgraded (Amulet is random) (360).
  • In the Bee and Barb, an inn the town of Riften and in Riften's Temple Of Mara.
  • The amulet is a random spawn as dungeon loot.
  • On the Stormcloaks General during the defense of Whiterun.
  • (ConfIrmed) In a tent along the coast northeast of Dawnstar. From the entrance of the Dawnstar Sanctuary (facing the door), go left and follow the beachline (you may encounter a few Horkers) until you see a battered tent, the amulet will be inside on the left bedroll.
  • Kraldar house in Winterhold in an expert locked chest.
  • In an unlocked chest inside the underground portion of Silent Moons Camp.
  • In a chest inside Mzinchaleft Depths, in a hidden room underwater in the lower right hand portion of the first area, to the right of the entrance to the zone. Chest is the small one on the nightstand on the left side of the bed.
  • On the Emperor's ship, the Katariah.
  • The Dragonborn's house in Solitude, after purchasing the upgrades.
  • On the boat at Orphan's Tear, in a chest behind the table.
  • In a chest inside the war quarters in Blackreach.
  • Next to the word wall on Eldersblood Peak.
  • In the chest located in the shack with Boethia's Champion at Knifepoint Mine (during the quest Boethia's Calling).
  • Inside the wooded structure inside labrynthian.
  • The chest in Reachwind Eyrie.
  • Temple of Mara: talk to Maramal and then buy one for ~200 .
  • In a chest in Nchuand-Zel (Control Room). Chest is in the middle/back of four Dwemer statues. In this room you can also get a full set of Dwarven Armor, behind an Expert-locked gate on the right, when facing the statue behind the chest.
  • In one of the upstairs bedrooms during the "Diplomatic Immunity" quest when you're in the Thalmor Embassy.
  • In the Ansilvund Burial Chambers.
  • Jarls living quarters within Dragonsreach.
  • In Radiant Raiment within Solitude.
  • Found on a dead Bandit (in hay cart near a fire, deep) in Northwatch Keep (During Missing In Action Quest)
In Madesi's storage container with Madesi's ring during the mission A chance arrangement in Riften.
  • In Jarrvaskr turn left and go through the door, then on the right there is a bed and a chest. Look inside.
  • Found in one of the two dead Riften Guards in Shor's Watchtower before "meet the men" in the quest "Compelling Tribute", as an Imperial (Not sure if it is the same when playing as a Stormcloak).

From Skyrim Wiki (sorry for the blue, copied it and it wont let me change the color):

The Amulet of Mara can also be found:
  • In an end table once Breezehome is fully upgraded (Amulet is random) (360).
  • In the Bee and Barb, an inn the town of Riften and in Riften's Temple Of Mara.
  • The amulet is a random spawn as dungeon loot.
  • On the Stormcloaks General during the defense of Whiterun.
  • (ConfIrmed) In a tent along the coast northeast of Dawnstar. From the entrance of the Dawnstar Sanctuary (facing the door), go left and follow the beachline (you may encounter a few Horkers) until you see a battered tent, the amulet will be inside on the left bedroll.
  • Kraldar house in Winterhold in an expert locked chest.
  • In an unlocked chest inside the underground portion of Silent Moons Camp.
  • In a chest inside Mzinchaleft Depths, in a hidden room underwater in the lower right hand portion of the first area, to the right of the entrance to the zone. Chest is the small one on the nightstand on the left side of the bed.
  • On the Emperor's ship, the Katariah.
  • The Dragonborn's house in Solitude, after purchasing the upgrades.
  • On the boat at Orphan's Tear, in a chest behind the table.
  • In a chest inside the war quarters in Blackreach.
  • Next to the word wall on Eldersblood Peak.
  • In the chest located in the shack with Boethia's Champion at Knifepoint Mine (during the quest Boethia's Calling).
  • Inside the wooded structure inside labrynthian.
  • The chest in Reachwind Eyrie.
  • Temple of Mara: talk to Maramal and then buy one for ~200 .
  • In a chest in Nchuand-Zel (Control Room). Chest is in the middle/back of four Dwemer statues. In this room you can also get a full set of Dwarven Armor, behind an Expert-locked gate on the right, when facing the statue behind the chest.
  • In one of the upstairs bedrooms during the "Diplomatic Immunity" quest when you're in the Thalmor Embassy.
  • In the Ansilvund Burial Chambers.
  • Jarls living quarters within Dragonsreach.
  • In Radiant Raiment within Solitude.
  • Found on a dead Bandit (in hay cart near a fire, deep) in Northwatch Keep (During Missing In Action Quest)
In Madesi's storage container with Madesi's ring during the mission A chance arrangement in Riften.

• In Jarrvaskr turn left and go through the door, then on the right there is a bed and a chest. Look inside.
  • Found in one of the two dead Riften Guards in Shor's Watchtower before "meet the men" in the quest "Compelling Tribute", as an Imperial (Not sure if it is the same when playing as a Stormcloak).

Thanks a million, you are the best :)

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
If you are actuall able to remarry and are playing on PS3, please let me know as this is the one question I cannot get verified.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
It is possible to remarry once your spouse has died, you just have to meet a few basic requirements. After your spouse has died, you'll receive a letter from a Courier telling you about your spouse's death, along with a small inheritance they've left you. This could take anywhere from a few in-game days to weeks. If you want to speed up the process try hanging around the town where the two of you lived or where you first met. After that, remove "The Bond of Matrimony" from your inventory. Drop it, store it, whichever you prefer. Then comes the wait. 24 in-game hours usually does it, but if you want to be safe, try 48. Afterward, equip your Amulet of Mara and try again, you should be available for remarriage at that point.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
It's nice to know that you can. I'm seriously re-thinking marrying this Dark Elf guy. Problem is that he's not a follower. Only way to get rid of him, is for ME to kill him. Does that put a damper on anything that anyone knows of?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
It's nice to know that you can. I'm seriously re-thinking marrying this Dark Elf guy. Problem is that he's not a follower. Only way to get rid of him, is for ME to kill him. Does that put a damper on anything that anyone knows of?

Are you playing on console or PC? If you're on PC there are much "cleaner" ways to get a "divorce" via the console that doesn't involve killing your spouse. If you're on console, killing him will allow you to set getting re-married into motion, just make sure you do it in a private or secluded area, or sneak assassinate if you have the proper skills because if you get caught and incur a bounty it can really bug things up.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I'm on the PS3. He's currently chilling in the Whiterun house. And Lydia is dead. So, she wouldn't be able to witness anything. I'm fairly decent at Sneak kills, so I feel I could pull it off. Might still wait a bit though.

JadeStonewolf

It is possible to remarry once your spouse has died, you just have to meet a few basic requirements. After your spouse has died, you'll receive a letter from a Courier telling you about your spouse's death, along with a small inheritance they've left you. This could take anywhere from a few in-game days to weeks. If you want to speed up the process try hanging around the town where the two of you lived or where you first met. After that, remove "The Bond of Matrimony" from your inventory. Drop it, store it, whichever you prefer. Then comes the wait. 24 in-game hours usually does it, but if you want to be safe, try 48. Afterward, equip your Amulet of Mara and try again, you should be available for remarriage at that point.
Question! Will it still work even if I took it off before the messager came...cause he hasnt come yet and I've waited about three weeks now. Btw im on the ps3 version.

xReese

So I wanted to test out the remarriage theory [ I made sure I saved before I tried.] I killed my husband, then I waited like a month in the game, and guess what? No courier at all. I'm on xbox 360, so I guess you can't get remarried.

Big lion23

Vanguard
Adante,

Do you have any idea whether or not you can remarry on the PS3/X-box 360? Personally, I use the PS3, but others are wondering the same things. As for who I married; Camilla Valerius, that brother of the Riverwood Trader Owner. She is annoying, and will say almost nothing to me except, "My brother and I are so happy to have the claw back where it belongs." I'm so tired of it. I killed her and didn't go back to my save the next time I got on, didn't know she was dead, and kept playing. Now I'm out of 100 coins a day and I'm saving up for the Solitude home....I just want someone else in-game, some one who at least isn't that annoying. Please help, but I'll understand if you can't.

So I wanted to test out the remarriage theory [ I made sure I saved before I tried.] I killed my husband, then I waited like a month in the game, and guess what? No courier at all. I'm on xbox 360, so I guess you can't get remarried.
The courier came for me and I'm on the 360 but I don't think it's letting me remarry

JClarke1953

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Aela the Huntress, Beloved wife of Sir. Stabby McCutapunk, Thaness of Whiterun and Solitude was killed today. Her life was cut short at the feet of 3 Mammoths on the outskirts of Whiterun.
In lieu of flowers, donations are being made in her honor to The Whiterun Department of Kneecap Armor R&D…a cause dear to her heart….....

Anybody know how I can get remarried? I can’t find my amulet, if I sold I don’t remember to who, and I can’t get the priest to sell me another one. Any help would be appreciated, a Breton has needs..if you know what I’m sayin

If your char can remarry after a death of your first, it's news to me. I don't know anyone who has been able to, as yet. Is that a recent update or something? My char was married to Aela as well, and got nailed by the Merc's who are not far from Riften. I got no notice or anything about her death. I had another char married to Lydia, and she was overcome by Draugr's, I got a letter from the Jarl, but was unable to remarry.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts