• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I've never had a chance to touch this gem. As I didn't have an XBOX when the game came out. Though the powers of having a steady job and Ebay I've gained access to it. And I can't wait. It's a new game for me, and that makes me excited.

While I am used to Oblivion and Skyrim, Morrowind is going even further back. Can you guys who have ventured in it give me any tips or what to expect?

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
  • Be prepared to get lost, make mental notes of where everything is.
  • Don't always follow the beaten path. A lot of the little things that make that game great have no quest leading to them and you simply stumble upon so explore.
  • Know where your "carriages" are. There is no fast travel in Morrowind so it's either by silt strider/boat/teleportation. Remember where they are.
  • Explore cities. Some of them in Morrowind are HUGE, namely Vivec. It's almost like a separate world in itself.
  • Get Tribunal, worth every penny.
If i can think of more i'll let you know.

Jersey Dagmar

Luckily I'm getting the Game of the Year edition which comes with the two PC expansion packs.

Jersey Dagmar

Ok cool. I was asking because there are some great mods to help modernize the game. I hope you enjoy it. I have very fond memories Morrowind.

Yea, I've seen those mods in action. Very nice. However, I can deal with old graphics. A minor thing for owning a great game in some form. So far, I'm loving it. I wish the Argonians and Kahjiits still had those beastly feet.

demujin

[quote="JerseyTheJester, post: 18284, member: 678" I wish the Argonians and Kahjiits still had those beastly feet.[/quote]

And if I remember correctly they can't wear boots or helmets. Oh, and if i were you, I would avoid medium armor. GO heavy or light, or none if you want to be all mage.

Jersey Dagmar

I'm going all light. I've done that in Oblivion and Skyrim. Just looks better with my female Argonian. And yes, they can't wear face covering helmets. Ones with an opening they can. And boots are out of the question, but oh well.

demujin

Light armor FTW.

I could tell you where the best light armor in the original game is, but that might be spoiling it for you.

SlopStar

A man’s greatest treasures are his illusions
First got that game when I was little. Could never figure out how to do quests so I would just wander aimlessly about and kill stuff. Its a huge game that you have to be semi intelligent to play, which makes it even better. Enjoy it! :D

Panthera

Don Gato
I liked that game it was realy fantasy like (when I played shivering isle it reminded me on morrowind)... but I hated when you re-enterd the room alredy dead enemys and they were alredy all spawned. I played with khajiit and I was stuck in the ceiling many times in vivec, when i was jumping... -.- I realy liked that you had a dangers from sky... good thing they bring up back that in skyrim!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts