• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
slide.jpg

Hi I'm NikolaTesla, just call me Tes. I'm now an official member of the writing team here on the Skyrim Forums, and I just wanted to do a little intro, before I start here. I'm going to be writing a continuing series of articles about all things Skyrim. From adventures people have had in game, to real life Skyrim fan artifacts, I'll try to cover it all. If you want to submit a story idea to me, like an adventure you've had, or a little piece about that epic Skyrim cosplay you're working on, just PM (via the Inbox function) with the title "Article Story Idea." And now without further ado, my first article!

**Article contains spoilers for Oblivion and Skyrim**

People have found out about and played Skyrim many different ways, but this is my story of how I stumbled upon the world of "The Elder Scrolls". It all started about a year ago, before Skyrim was released, I was browsing around YouTube when I first found a video entitled "Skyrim". It was not a trailer or a teaser or any kind of official release but instead, a fan made video. It was not just any fan video: it was from famous YouTube and Newgrounds animator, Harry Partridge. By now, you've all probably seen the video and know of what I talk about. I watched that video about twice looking at it funny. I had no clue what "The Elder Scrolls" were; just that they appeared to be some sort of video game series. I must have watched that video dozens of times before I decided to go to my local GameStop and look for these games. The next day, when I visited the store I asked the clerk about Skyrim, and he looked at me like I was stupid. "It's not out yet. They don't even have a release date set yet", he said to me. I then proceeded to ask him about the 2 games before that then. He said that the previous two games were entitled "Morrowind" and "Oblivion". I asked to for a copy of both and he said that he didn't have any copies of the xBox edition of Morrowind, but he searched the shelves for a minute, and handed me a copy of Oblivion. I bought it and rushed home. I was lucky I was on break, otherwise I probably would have failed out of so many classes. All I did for about three days straight was play this game; from the very beginning starting out in prison, fighting assassins to keep them from killing an emperor, fighting daedra to keep them from destroying the world in which I played, and joining what seemed like an ancient Samurai order, I was hooked. All I did was play through the game until I finished the main story, and then the DLC it had came with. After you had ample opportunity to explore a vast land filled with dark caves, and sprawling forests. I played the game almost religiously for a year until pre-orders for Skyrim started. I looked around my TV and saw countless games that still had to be completed so I went through a gaming frenzy for those next few months until I had wiped out my back log of games to make way for Skyrim. I then waited patiently, taking care of all my school work, in preparation for the game. I got the game the day it released then I played and played and played, until I finally killed Alduin. Now I'm still stuck in the land of Skyrim, exploring, fighting, and waiting for the next adventure.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Harry's video was the very first I'd ever heard of the Elder Scrolls too. As I have a huge amount of respect for him, his opinion stuck with me. Along with that catchy song. I was literally listening to it for months and wanting so badly to try out the game it was written for. In mid-November, I walked into a store hoping to buy a copy of Oblivion, just to soothe the craving. But they were only stocking Skyrim. So, almost against my will, I ended up dropping the $60 on it when I really ought to have been saving that money for Christmas. I've never looked back. :)

Tor

I got bored of WoW (That I've played for some years), I had to find a new game, ofc I looked up SWTOR but found it take to much time so I bought Skyrim. The day I headed to the store called "Elgiganten" (Swedish) I only brought 500kr with me (almost like 5£), I tough I had enough but it costed 550kr! Damn god luck I had my dad with me that day;)

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Nice job. Maybe separate the paragraphs, since walls of text are intimidating. Just advice for future article.

alfric

wow you show deep understanding in the elder scrolls. i never knew about this game like you untill i heard od it

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts