• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Rextoret

top kek
Hello, I seem to have stumbled out of my beloved role-play section. But honestly, I've been writing stories since a kid. And after all the RPs I have done here, I think it's about time I try my hand at fan-fiction. I know fan-fiction is far more rigorous and time-consuming than RPing, no doubt partially from the fact that it's only you writing the story. I was thinking that doing a tad bit of fan-fiction could help bolster my RPing skills, and vice-versa. But my small introduction aside, I've got a few questions for some of you fan-fiction writers.

1. How do you recommend I get started?
2. Do you have any tips about writing a fan-fiction?
3. How would you compare RPing to fan-fiction writing?
4. How do you get ideas for a fan-fiction?

That's all my questions for now. Hopefully someone posts soon, I'm eager to at least learn more about fan-fiction writing.

BoundByTheWolfBlood

Defiler of the Dead.
I'm not a huge expert least only in my mind so let's answer these questions of yours.

1. Read. A lot. Listen to music a lot. Stimulate your mind with already out there content if you just sit down and try to type something without a basic feel or idea you'll not be able to write more then a sentence.

2. If writing a OC do not make them god like i.e: A big obstacle in their way is dealt with super fast and easy. Give them flaws, realistic flaws make them more relatable. This next one is super hard but don't make them self inserts try to separate their ideas and opinions from your own. Let some people hate them if it's canon i.e.: a DB assasin wouldn't be bff's with a pentus oculutus agent, if everyone likes them the oc seems fake and boring.

2 . b) If a canon npc is your Protagonist read up on them and observe them in game to get a feel for their personality and faults/skills then write a few lines and compare it to their dialogue see if it's fitting to their character.

2.c) Read over the document a ton use spellcheck and BETA READER try to get two and get both to read the document to make sure it's good.

2.d) Write when you want to! if you feel bored do something else come back to it, Criticism is always needed though flaming is not so don't let it scare/discourage you.

2.e)HAVE FUN WITH IT! Writing is fun you can create something big and show it off!

3.Hmm Well Rping is making ideas that could exist in the world i.e: Skyrim come to life. It's different in the way rping is well public if that makes sense and everyone contributes, whilst writing is like painting a picture with words in your mind and giving a key to a select few to see this painting in your mind and experience what you felt writing it whether it be sadness, joy or anger.

4. Like I said in #1 experience the world you're writing fan-fiction for and experience other media to fuel the flame of ideas like music and art and books.

So yeah there ya go um hope it helps :D HAVE FUN!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts