Getting an Ebony Weapon @ low level

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

At what level did this work for you, if tried?

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 2 22.2%

Votes: 4 44.4%

Votes: 3 33.3%

Votes: 2 22.2%

• 9 and up

• Total voters

Tyrone

(Confirmed at levels 9, 14)
(Not sure if it works with any levels lower, people with lower level character who post if they find it or not will help me alot)

At my lower levels, I was able to find ebony 1-handed weapons off a draugr deathlord at a low level in Arcwind Point
640px-TESV_Arcwind_Point.png

1. Go to Froki's Shack, which is southeast of Ivarstead, it has the icon of a shack) There will be a path nearby leading up to a Statue of Talos. Feel free to pick up the closed-face imperial helmet at the shrine while you are there.

2. Looking in the direction of the statue, you will see a path. Jump down this path and follow it until you reach the picture. There will be a dragon and a draugr overlord next to a word of power. Pick up all these, of course.

3. After doing Step 2, look towards the right side of the structure and there will be a stairs (Visible in picture) go up the stairs, but watch out for the trap. as soon as you hit the structure at the top of the stairs, stop and prepare. When you are ready, just continue on through the structure and immediately when you walk outside you will face a Draugr Deathlord. Kill him, loot him, and at a low level you should get a 1-handed ebony weapon! (Arcwind Point is not over, at the very end of it is a book that increases your restoration, and a chest)

Duon

Graphic Designer
You can obtain two Ebony weapons; a Bow and a Greatsword off the two Deathlords at the end of Lost Valkygg, a ruin which is connected to Labyrinthian southeast of Morthal. I've done this at a level as low as 5.

ShadowGambit

Like Duon said.

The Bow is the best in the game for you and for a long time if you want to go heavy bow. You will have to hide/strafe a lot to avoid the Deathlord arrows though. Under level 15, he is a much better archer than you.

The Greatsword comes from the Deathlord that he is just after the one with the bow, but he is somehow "hidden". Killing the Deathlord with the bow, you would think that the dungeon is cleared... look deeper.

I did it at level 8

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
You can obtain two Ebony weapons; a Bow and a Greatsword off the two Deathlords at the end of Lost Valkygg, a ruin which is connected to Labyrinthian southeast of Morthal. I've done this at a level as low as 5.
Dude, I love your signature. The all out of moon sugar was hilarious.

I usually go to Lost Volskygg for a random Ebony 2 Handed weapon, and Bow with arrows at mid level. Now, keep in mind you're going to be prying them from the cold dead hands of 2 Overlords, so you better tool up for a fight. One of them is an Archer (usually the first, but I've had them swap places.) Your best bet is either Wuld in, so he draws a handaxe, or sneak up for a Backstab, and then Stunlock him. Hack&Bash, I've done this with a shield, or Greatsword (I don't suggest a Warhammer unless it's fast like the Longhammer, or Volendrung.) Elemental Fury really helps here too.

I've also gotten an Ebony Handaxe from Arcwind, but at too low a level, there's a chance he'll spawn with an Ancient Nord one. There's plenty of Safe Spots, so take bows, several of them, because he like to use the Disarm shout. Bound bow can't be disarmed, and has the highest Base damage in the game (with Mystic Binding) so you might want to swing by Fort Amol on the way.

Savv

Official Falmer Hater
I haven't found anything, and I'm level 35. :/

Link

I was doing a quest for the bards college. Retrieving i believe the flute for Pal-something. After you retrieve King Olaf's Verse. If you follow the ghost. it will lead you to King Olaf One Eye. And for me he was wielding a Ebony Sword. And i was level 14. Hope this works for you guys too.

Savv

Official Falmer Hater
I was doing a quest for the bards college. Retrieving i believe the flute for Pal-something. After you retrieve King Olaf's Verse. If you follow the ghost. it will lead you to King Olaf One Eye. And for me he was wielding a Ebony Sword. And i was level 14. Hope this works for you guys too.
Thanks! What's so good about joining the Bard's College? I was just wondering what you get to do.

Duon

Graphic Designer
Thanks! What's so good about joining the Bard's College? I was just wondering what you get to do.

there isn't really any major reward from joining the bards collage beyond a achievement and getting the 3 instruments (flute, drum, lute) all which raise a specific combat path. And even those can be turned in without doing any of the Bards quests, you just turn them in to Bards Collage members..

Savv

Official Falmer Hater
there isn't really any major reward from joining the bards collage beyond a achievement and getting the 3 instruments (flute, drum, lute) all which raise a specific combat path. And even those can be turned in without doing any of the Bards quests, you just turn them in to Bards Collage members..
Okay. Thanks! I was just wondering. Do you think it's worth it?

Duon

Graphic Designer
Okay. Thanks! I was just wondering. Do you think it's worth it?

I'm one of those people who has to do everything in the game, it only consists of like 2 quests and 3-4 side quests and gives you a little bit of history on one of Skyrim's old kings.

It's definitely worth getting the 3 instruments for the free levels.

ardn

Did NOT work at level 10, I got an ancient nord war axe -_____-
May be because it was activated by the dragon (i think) rather than me

Shadow Reaver

(Confirmed at levels 9, 14)
(Not sure if it works with any levels lower, people with lower level character who post if they find it or not will help me alot)

At my lower levels, I was able to find ebony 1-handed weapons off a draugr deathlord at a low level in Arcwind Point
640px-TESV_Arcwind_Point.png

1. Go to Froki's Shack, which is southeast of Ivarstead, it has the icon of a shack) There will be a path nearby leading up to a Statue of Talos. Feel free to pick up the closed-face imperial helmet at the shrine while you are there.

2. Looking in the direction of the statue, you will see a path. Jump down this path and follow it until you reach the picture. There will be a dragon and a draugr overlord next to a word of power. Pick up all these, of course.

3. After doing Step 2, look towards the right side of the structure and there will be a stairs (Visible in picture) go up the stairs, but watch out for the trap. as soon as you hit the structure at the top of the stairs, stop and prepare. When you are ready, just continue on through the structure and immediately when you walk outside you will face a Draugr Deathlord. Kill him, loot him, and at a low level you should get a 1-handed ebony weapon! (Arcwind Point is not over, at the very end of it is a book that increases your restoration, and a chest)
Thanks for the tip!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts