Getting a new PC, wondering if it can handle specific mods.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Alright, so I'm getting a new PC soon, one that seems competent when it comes to running games, other than my current PC, which can't really run much.

What I'm wondering is whether or not I could run mods such as Skyrim HD, ENB's, etc.

Here are some of the specs. I did copy and paste it, so it looks a little odd.
Processor Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i5 (Also known as the CPU). The part of the computer that interprets and executes instructions. Think of it as the brain of the computer.
Processor Speed 3.1GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) How fast a computer processor carries out instructions. In general, faster is better, but processor speeds across brands may not be equivalent (i.e., a 3.0GHz AMD processor may not be the same speed as a 3.0GHz Intel processor).
Cache Memory 6MB A small segment of memory that stores frequently used information for fast access by the processor, improving response time.
System Memory (RAM) 12GB The memory a computer uses to run its operating system, applications and active data files. Greater amounts of RAM improve speed and enable more applications to run at once.
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To 16GB Maximum amount of memory a computer can support (as opposed to the amount that comes preinstalled).
Type of Memory (RAM) DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 635 Type of graphics (video) adapter (usually built into the motherboard), identified by manufacturer and model.
Video Memory 1GB DDR3 (dedicated)

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Yea that VRAM...have you already bought this? If not, there are probably, most likely, better deals out there for you.

I haven't bought it yet, I'm looking at other options.
This one look any better?
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Platform AMD VISION FX
Processor AMD FX-Series (Also known as the CPU). The part of the computer that interprets and executes instructions. Think of it as the brain of the computer.
Processor Speed 3.5GHz (with Turbo CORE up to 4.1GHz) How fast a computer processor carries out instructions. In general, faster is better, but processor speeds across brands may not be equivalent (i.e., a 3.0GHz AMD processor may not be the same speed as a 3.0GHz Intel processor).
Cache Memory 8MB on die Level 3 A small segment of memory that stores frequently used information for fast access by the processor, improving response time.
System Memory (RAM) 16GB The memory a computer uses to run its operating system, applications and active data files. Greater amounts of RAM improve speed and enable more applications to run at once.
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To 32GB Maximum amount of memory a computer can support (as opposed to the amount that comes preinstalled).
Type of Memory (RAM) DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Video Memory 2GB (dedicated)

Geheiligt

That last pc is decent, but you still might bottleneck on VRAM depending on what you install. I have "medium res" 1k textures installed on top of lighting overhauls and an enb. I max out at 2.6gb of my 3gb graphics card. It also seems like you are buying a pre-built machine? Unless you're rolling in the cash flow, I would suggest building your own. It's quite rewarding and, in my opinion a ton of fun. You also could probably save about half the money spent on a comparable machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Navare

Savage Spirit
I would strongly agree with Geheiligt, building your own PC is the way to go. There are tonnes of youtube tutorials nowadays, and the actual process isn't that hard.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Gosh, hope it isn't too late.

I agree with the others. If you built your own computer, you would get a stronger computer, love it more and be able to upgrade hardware later on when you want to do stuff that is more demanding.

TheNatural

That last pc is decent, but you still might bottleneck on VRAM depending on what you install. I have "medium res" 1k textures installed on top of lighting overhauls and an enb. I max out at 2.6gb of my 3gb graphics card. It also seems like you are buying a pre-built machine? Unless you're rolling in the cash flow, I would suggest building your own. It's quite rewarding and, in my opinion a ton of fun. You also could probably save about half the money spent on a comparable machine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That shouldn't be the case, thats wayyyy too much vram usage for a middle of the road graphical overhaul. There are videos of the new 780ti 3gb running 4k textures, crazy ENBs, and major flora overhauls running at 60FPS. Again, with 3gb of vram.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts