OOC [General OOC] For all comments/questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    Is it possible to join a private rp?

Only if they list in their opening post that they're recruiting. When the "Private" tag is placed, it usually means all the spots are filled. Occasionally, vacancies arise. You're best served by reading the introductions in the OOC part of the RP in which you may be interested. Story tellers will post their rules and expectations there, as well as provide a list of vacancies.

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    Thank you.

Colonelscout312

Also, would it be smart to do one rp at a time? or can i do several at once?

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    Also, would it be smart to do one rp at a time? or can i do several at once?

Some of the RPs request that you dedicate yourself only to one story. But we have many members who participate in multiple story lines. If you are new to RPing in general, I would advise that you start out with just one so that you can familiarize yourself with the type of time demands might be required. You can always add another one once you get experience.

Colonelscout312

Ok, Thanks again.

Colonelscout312

one last question, is it possible to switch what category my thread is in? Cause I made two threads, one a private, and one an ooc, they are each supposed to be in active story's, but they aren't.

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    one last question, is it possible to switch what category my thread is in? Cause I made two threads, one a private, and one an ooc, they are each supposed to be in active story's, but they aren't.

Is your story active or still recruiting and getting set up?

Colonelscout312

still recruiting, i am not quite sure what to do to set it up.

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    still recruiting, i am not quite sure what to do to set it up.

Once you get your initial rules and opening setting posted, and when you are done recruiting, send me a message and I'll move the in-character thread to the Active stories section.

Colonelscout312

K, is there a way to get more popular so people will join?

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    Nothing specific, really. But make sure you've written a good introduction and are offering a compelling story. And if people don't seem interested, invite anyone to comment on your idea and see if you can figure out what's causing people to turn away. Sometimes there's a condition, restriction or other aspect of a story that just isn't appealing to people.

Also, be patient and make sure you give people enough time to respond. We're an international forum so people keep all kinds of different hours.

Colonelscout312

Thank you again.

Ventusx515

Faal Vahzah Dovahkiin!
    So I want to make my own RP, but I want to be sure of the steps before I make one first.
    Soo..
    1. Make an OOC thread for the RP explaining stuff abot the RP
    2. When I have enough characters and want to start RPing, I make another thread for the main RP
    2a. I make it Open if I want more characters
    3. We start
    4. If I think we have enough/too much characters, I switch the tag to Private (is it possible to switch the tags? if so how?)
    tadaa
    I just wanted to make sure, so is this correct? thanks.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    So I want to make my own RP, but I want to be sure of the steps before I make one first.
    Soo..
    2. When I have enough characters and want to start RPing, I make another thread for the main RP
    3. We start
    4. If I think we have enough/too much characters, I switch the tag to Private (is it possible to switch the tags? if so how?)
    tadaa

I've had problems with open RPs before. The OOC can be open, but the main thread should generally be private. People go to your OOC to post CCs, and possibly be recruited. That way they don't interrupt the story with random posts. At least, that's how I've always done it. And I don't think you can change tags.

Ventusx515

Faal Vahzah Dovahkiin!
    Soo..
    3. We start
    tadaa

I've had problems with open RPs before. The OOC can be open, but the main thread should generally be private. People go to your OOC to post CCs, and possibly be recruited. That way they don't interrupt the story with random posts. At least, that's how I've always done it. And I don't think you can change tags.

So I'll just have to edit the first post and put "not recruiting" and stuff, i guess.
    Thank you very much :D

cosplayfan

Well it wasn't set up and I realized with my dad's help I was interrupting peoples stories with my comments and critiques, so here you go...

This is the place for those.

Make sure they are constructive.

Hello! Ladies and gentlemen. I am very glad I can stand here to talk about some cosplay problems with you. I am in need of help now. Please give me a favor. Thank you very much!
    To tell you the truth, I am a loyal fan of Harry Potter. I like Harry Potter costumes and his magic wand as well. I have been planning to cosplay as him these days. So, I have to search for the best costumes and my favourite magic wand on the internet in order to become more famous. However, I have no ideas which on line stores are the best places to go to. Oh, what about skycostume store? Can anybody tell me some advice, please? Thank you very much!

Dovahgeek

I am trying to make a nord adventurer that becomes a paladin and is converted into a deadra. Any advice for building him?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Colonelscout312

Well, focus on health, and magika. Get restoration up to legendary, then when he changes, switch from restoration to destruction. Other than that focus on heavy armor, one handed, and enchanting. That's all I could think of.

Latest posts