1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC [General OOC] For all comments/questions

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Obscure.Ref.Girl, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Shew

Shew Account closed (at sincere request).

Khaije the Khaije

The above link is to a post everyone should see, its hilarious, and well worth watching.

2. missingno

missingno Article Writer

Has anyone considering drastically expanding the RP elements on this forum?
    The forum seems to have a good large and active user base, it might be fun to have subforums for each hold in Skyrim and even usergroups for different races or Imperial/Nords that people can oppenly join and even have the users role play rule the empire.

Wars could be fought/role played to determine which group owns a hold etc.

3. Reiji

Reiji Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um

It's a good idea, but that would tie into the "no killing characters" rule. Would suck if you had a character in an RP for a month then he/she gets killed in War and your out of the RP.

4. missingno

missingno Article Writer

Well we could follow true Skyrim fashion, and be like 'essential' characters. Don't die, just can't participate in the battle much longer.

Would be fun seeing users side with either the stormcloaks or imperials and even see turmoils happening internally, like someone trying to become the emperor etc.

5. Sn'eek the Khajiit

Sn'eek the Khajiit The Sn'eekiest of them all.

I was always under the impression (through chat client based role playing) that characters can and will die, just like in any other world (including Nirn.)

That aside, there are a few differences between chat client based role playing and forum based role playing which i would like to have a conversation with someone with experience about, can you please check over the link below and contact me if your willing.

Thanks in advance

Open - [Skyrim Freeform RP] Post your character card | Page 9 | Skyrim Forums

6. Shew

sn'eek your link is broken

7. Rayven

Rayven Global Moderator
    Staff Member

I fixed it.

8. Shew

Info - Rules & rules discussion for: *Public RP Areas* | Skyrim Forums
    Info - [Skyrim Freeform RP] A Comprehensive Guide to Free Form Role Play, for Beginners. | Skyrim Forums
    Info - Role Play F.A.Q. | Skyrim Forums

Above recommended readings for this style of role play

9. HeartlessAngel

Hi, new here, just not to RPing. Question: Are we aloud to make a Snow Elf, or is that a no?

10. Disturbed0n3

Disturbed0n3 New Member

I'm new myself but the rules say no, there is a list of what you can RP as, essentially the same races you can be in the game.

11. Disturbed0n3

Disturbed0n3 New Member

I have a question myself though if anyone knows the answer, what about unique weapons/armor? Say if I wanted to carry...Idk, spellbreaker? Not allowed or? We can't all be running around with a one of a kind daedric artifact, so I understand if it's not allowed, just wanted to ask.

12. .ol0w0lo.

.ol0w0lo. ♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫

Typically, the answer is no. While you won't USUALLY be allowed to have, say, daedric artifacts, you may create your own unique weapons, so long as they aren't overpowered.

13. Elric the Evil

Elric the Evil New Member

So im not sure if im posting in the right place and if im not im apologize. Ive spent a couple days reading on this rp thing and am kinda interested. However i have no idea what im doing. I guess i would like to just start by making a character card. Where would i go to do this?

14. .ol0w0lo.

.ol0w0lo. ♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫

I'd recommend writing your character cards in notepad or something similar to it. If you want, you can post it on the Character Card thread (It's stickied), or you can just post it in the RP you are interested in joining.

15. Gandalf Hardrade Curthose

Can I make an RP based on anything and not just TES?

16. Andante

Andante Roleplaying Moderator

Yes. You can make a roleplay about anything you like. It doesn't have to fall within the realm of The Elder Scrolls.

17. ChampionOfKirkwall

Hello there people! Uhh..I just joined a day or so ago and I was browsing the forum. I found the RP section and I was like "Oh, I think I can get into this"

But..I have no idea where to get started. I've read all the rules and I'm familiar to roleplaying somewhat, I'm just confused on how to do the character template. Is it just the usual

" Name:
    Faction:
    Personality:
    History/Bio:
    Weapons/Equipment:
    Etc?"

Or is there a actual Template that I need to follow, and if so can anyone direct me to it?
    Thanks! :D

18. Andante

There is no "official" character template. Some story creators will provide a template for their characters, but for those who don't, feel free to get as creative as you want! Include anything and everything you want people to know about your character. What you posted there seems to be a pretty decent start. If you think you'll be wanting to join multiple roleplays, my suggestion would be to use our Character Profile thread (Found Here) to store your character profile. Here, you can post your profile, including whatever you like about your character, and can use the permalink (the small, numbered button at the bottom right of your post) to share that profile in any story thread you like.

Hope this helps to clear things up. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :)

19. ChampionOfKirkwall

Ok! So I posted my character-thingy in the profiles section, now my only question is- Does it have to be reviewed by someone or can I just start roleplaying now? Thank you for all the help by the way :D

20. Andante

No, general character profiles do not need to be pre-approved. I understand the confusion though, I've been online roleplaying for over 10 years, and the format we use here IS quite different. Now that you have your profile set up, the general procedure for beginning to roleplay is to seek out an open story, or to begin your own. Details on that can be found in the F.A.Q. thread. Were you generally seeking an open storyline or did you have your own ideas to start one? We love seeing new stories. :)