OOC [General OOC] For all comments/questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

rockstar14

So it seems like we have a lot of characters just chilling out in the inn, does anyone want to start up another RP thread?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    I'll say aye. ;)

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    "He sat at the side of his bed and plucked at the lute's strings, the lyrics followed in succesion.
    "Redddddd, redddddd...yellow, blue...redddddd" he sang. He tested his dexterity further "Orange!" off key. Riz blamed the lute for this. He sighed and sat the lute down."

Hahahah nice reference.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    There are a few people who aren't experienced with online freeform ropleplaying, but are still interested in joining. I proposed writing up a short guide/tutorial for new players to follow and there was some interest expressed. Just a comprehensive guide as to how the roleplay functions, posting etiquette, character and post construction, and the like so those who have never played before can get an idea of how to participate. No one going in blind, per se. I've already got a little in the works, and just getting a general consensus on how others would feel about making something of that nature available.

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    There are a few people who aren't experienced with online freeform ropleplaying, but are still interested in joining. I proposed writing up a short guide/tutorial for new players to follow and there was some interest expressed. Just a comprehensive guide as to how the roleplay functions, posting etiquette, character and post construction, and the like so those who have never played before can get an idea of how to participate. No one going in blind, per se. I've already got a little in the works, and just getting a general consensus on how others would feel about making something of that nature available.

I think a guide is a great idea.

Shew

Yeah a good how to would be great I would love to see a few more stories develop.

and We seem to have quite a few people sitting in the mare stuck for a new storyline.

Shew

cool good to see someone trying to lead a new RP.

Shear

Ill try to flesh out some rules if you allow me to start a new thread, then ill play out the recruitment in the bannered mare

Shew

That would be great.. look closely at the other RP's for examples and read over the overall rules and guidelines and then craft a good story I wish you luck and am looking forward to reading your RP

Shear

Here's the RP, I'll make a thread if its up to par, all suggestions are welcome. I'll write-up a prologue once the rules are good, taking place before my PC arrives in the Mare, just to set the stage.

Edit: I've finished a prologue, and have started the Main thread and General discussion. Interact with my PC in the Mare if anyone is interested in joining.

[CTP] Cleaning The Palace
    Objective: Clear out Solitude's coffers
    Chapter:
    1) Planning the job (Winking Skeever)
    2) Breaking in (Blue Palace)
    3) Cashing in (Blue Palace)
    > Chapters may change according to group consensus
    Rules:
    1.Have fun.
    2.No god modding. This includes using "special" equipment. No one is allowed to dispatch of enemy NPC without some sort of struggle(Lets put some drama into every battle, It makes a better read)
    3. No profanity, May use phrases such as "Son of a-" to imply profanity, but only when in character.
    4. Posting in Threads
    a. RP thread is strictly for RP posts only, OOC posts in the RP thread will be ignored
    b. OOC posts will be entertained in the Discussion thread, when referring to a post in the RP itself, either quote the post or write down the number of the post (found next to the like and reply buttons.
    5.If an player is unavailable for RP, their character is assumed to follow the group wherever they go. Under no circumstances can another person assume control of a character that is not their own/
    6.This RP will most likely be monitored by(Who monitors RP?)
    7. One character per player, NPC actions may be assumed by the player but only within reason
    8. "Duels" or player battles. Agreements will be discussed in the OOC thread
    a. Players must agree upon the maximum harm that may be inflicted during said duel (minor scrapes, scarring wounds, decapitation, death).
    b. The winner of the duel may be predetermined or played out during roleplay, depending on what the players agree upon.
    c. Once the grounds of the duel are agreed upon, they may NOT be changed.
    9. Charater Restrictions
    a. This RP is restricted to characters who explicitly have the SNEAK skill. LOCKPICKING is optional (i have that covered on my PC)
    b. Hybrid classes are welcome as long as they have the skill mentioned above.
    10. a. Those who wish to join this RP should refer to Jo'Zaree in the Bannered Mare thread, Please link your character card on first contact.
    b. Late comers who wish to join after the main group has left the Mare must ask for permission to join on the OOC thread.
    11. Please be true to Skyrim lore and game mechanics when posting
    12. Complaints and Disagreements regarding what happens in the RP (Possible god modding) will be settled on the OOC thread via a group vote, the majority vote determines if the post is nullified or allowed to stay.
    Note: Since this is a theft RP, any setbacks experienced by the group may be presented by ANY player at ANY moment, please be realistic though since rule #12 still applies

Llama

Plot of my thread: Valmir basically wants all Tamriel for himself but will need help. That's where I need more to join so I can get the ball rolling on that. A sub plot I'm doing involves the Talos worship. This will eventually lead my character and whoever else eventually joins to Markarth. Once there I'm hoping this sub plot could converge with "The Evening is wiser than the Morning" plot and we could have our first of many conflicts.

So please people, let's start making some major and minor villains here. Conflict drives the story! And post in my thread!

Lyt

Hey, I'm new to this forum but I've had quite a few creative experiences with Free-form Role-Play as you call it. I have a few interesting ideas.

I can start one up if enough people are interested?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Sure Lyt, feel free. :) People have been having the most success by giving a basic rundown of their plot and ideas in an OOC thread first, just to build interest. Whatever works best for you. Glad to see more people getting interested.

Just make sure you're familiar with all the rules before you begin. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts