Geirmund's Hall bug?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dinosaur Sr.

So I need the last Gauldur Amulet Fragment and I fought through Geirmund's Hall (for the second time) when I get to Sigdis Gauldurson and kill him, my mission waypoint marker is pointing in the ankle deep water and there is nothing to pick up. I've searched the whole dungeon a few times and had no choice but to just leave. No fragment or anything... any suggestions?

CanAmBC

From Skyrim to New Vegas I roam....
I am on the PS3 I am having the same issue pre patch 1.2 and afterwards I did and got the first two amulets well with no probs after going for the third one killed the "boss" and you see the arrow pointing down off the side of a pedestal in the water with nothing but rocks below. I did this quest three times and all the same effects nothing whats up? Glitch???

Lucija

me too have the same problem, don`t know how to get the third
Gauldur Amulet fragment in Geirmund's Hall

the arrow is pointing on the floor....don`t know what to do... please help... =(

BSE

Have you started the "Forbidden Legends" quest, or did you just go there to get the amulet? If you havent officially started the quest, then you may need to reload a previous save from before entering Geirmunds Hall, go start the quest, and replay it. Otherwise, I dont know.

Lucija

yes I know, I have done it yesterday....it was some kind of an error, but I got out from that dungeon, entered again and there was his body on the floor where the arrow was pointing....so, thanks anyway.... =)

Woki1986

Hello.
I signed up just to reply to this thread. This particular quest has been driving me crazy for months, however, I think patch 1.5 has fixed it.
After deciding to go and look not five minutes ago, where previously the arrow pointing to the floor was (where Sigdis's body was) now, there is a corpse!
We can finally complete this quest if we finished the dungeon before getting the quest to put together the 3 pieces!

Soar Tueth

On my 360 there is no body, just a marker. It's quite a letdown. Is the 1.5 patch for Xbox? If so, where does one go to see the patch level?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
On my 360 there is no body, just a marker. It's quite a letdown. Is the 1.5 patch for Xbox? If so, where does one go to see the patch level?
If you have Xbox Live & your Xbox is connected to the net the game will automatically update.

Woki1986

That's really weird. I was so sure the patch had fixed it. I stopped playing in January and picked it up again 4 days ago. When I loaded skyrim I had a 19mb download, I was assuming that it was indeed the patch.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Yes on both accounts...
Yes the patch did fix it, but most patches wont fix quests already in play so the patch 1.5 may not help people with previously saved games.

Yes, the patch is 19Mb regardless whether you upgrade from patch 1.4 or you are upgrading an Unpatched game.

Woki1986

That's odd, as I'd already started that particular quest. I'm just glad it sorted itself out.
I still find myself wondering if they'll manage to get some of the other issues patched for us console users.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts