• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Where did your staff come from and why did it change when you went from a grey wizard to a white wizard?

My friend and I are in a fight over your age, how old are you? (I know this is a semi-weird thing to fight over)

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Do you find it difficult to keep your white robe looking so white? Do you use magic or do you simply wash it in a river?

Also... as such a huge supporter of the hobbits, which one is your favorite? You've dealt with a ton of them and nobody can dispute Frodo is important, but you spent more time with some of the others during the War of the Ring. Sure, you're stuck with Frodo now and eventually Sam will meet you there. Which makes me think... Valinor won't make Frodo immortal, he'll probably age a little slower. But Samwise doesn't travel there until later. If the trip takes as long as you say, isn't there a good chance that Frodo will be dead by the time Samwise gets to the shores of Valinor?! That's so sad.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Where did your staff come from and why did it change when you went from a grey wizard to a white wizard?

When I came back, the eagles took me to Lorien to help he rest. As I was there they also fashioned a new staff. My old one was destroyed as I broke the bridge of Khazad dum. The elves made it white because it was only fitting as I was now the new Head of the Order of the Istari. Which was the same reason why I became Gandalf the White.

Gandalf The Boss

Do you find it difficult to keep your white robe looking so white? Do you use magic or do you simply wash it in a river?

Also... as such a huge supporter of the hobbits, which one is your favorite? You've dealt with a ton of them and nobody can dispute Frodo is important, but you spent more time with some of the others during the War of the Ring. Sure, you're stuck with Frodo now and eventually Sam will meet you there. Which makes me think... Valinor won't make Frodo immortal, he'll probably age a little slower. But Samwise doesn't travel there until later. If the trip takes as long as you say, isn't there a good chance that Frodo will be dead by the time Samwise gets to the shores of Valinor?! That's so sad.

My robes arn't always clean. They are not magical in any way. You can see many times that they are dirty. And the Hobbits? I could never pick favorites. Even if I would I will not say. Its very mean.
The trip itself does not take very long. I am pretty sure that Samwise is a better navigation that our dear Galadriel.... He might even get there before us by this point!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I've got another one for you: Why did you insist on taking Bilbo along for the Lonely Mountain quest? He didn't want to come, yet you basically forced him to.

Gandalf The Boss

I've got another one for you: Why did you insist on taking Bilbo along for the Lonely Mountain quest? He didn't want to come, yet you basically forced him to.
The dwarfs where very superstitious. They would not have thirteen members of their party because of bad luck. They wanted fourtheen member. So I picked Bilbo. Why? I will quote myself.
"Lets have no more argument. I have chosen Mr. Baggins and that ought to be enough for all of you. If I say that he is a Burglar, a Burglar he is, or will be when the time comes. There is a lot more in him that you guess, and a deal more than he has any idea about himself. You may (possibly) all live to thank me yet."
End quote.
I saw something in Bilbo. What it was I can't explain. And we needed somone who wasn't a big brute dwarf with us. And I knew his ancestors. They where all a bit diffrent when it comes to the regular hobbits.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Correct me if im wrong but isnt smeagle really old? Hobbits live to what...150yrs? Is it just me or is smeagle like centuries old and if he is..is it because of the ring or his diet of living animals and rock slime?

Gollum only lived to be that old because of the Ring. The Ring is known to extend the lifespan of whoever possesses it. Even Bilbo had started to feel that effect when he turned 111 at the beginning of the book.

I know I'm not Gandalf, but I thought I'd take this one :p
Also, it's Smeagol

Gandalf The Boss

Correct me if im wrong but isnt smeagle really old? Hobbits live to what...150yrs? Is it just me or is smeagle like centuries old and if he is..is it because of the ring or his diet of living animals and rock slime?

Gollum only lived to be that old because of the Ring. The Ring is known to extend the lifespan of whoever possesses it. Even Bilbo had started to feel that effect when he turned 111 at the beginning of the book.

I know I'm not Gandalf, but I thought I'd take this one :p
Also, it's Smeagol

The-Hobbit-gifs-the-hobbit-35209178-245-130.gif

(this is my sad face)
Anyways. The answer is indeed correct but I will just add some fun random facts about the overall thing that was questioned. All of the Rings of Power granted its wearer longer life and when it comes to the lifespan of Hobbits it is slightly longer than the non-Númenórean humans, around 90-100 years. The oldest hobbit (Without any magical rings) who has ever lived is Gerontius Took. Also knowns as Old Took. He lived to become 130 years old. He was a good friend of mine.

So those smoke rings, really sweet party trick, where'd you learn to do that? Also, in those pipes.... the finest weeds.... how fine we talking lol?

Gandalf The Boss

So those smoke rings, really sweet party trick, where'd you learn to do that? Also, in those pipes.... the finest weeds.... how fine we talking lol?

Its mostly a magic trick. And well I have lived for quite some time so I have had time to practice.

Gandalf The Boss

Gandalf The Boss

What are Left Earth and Right Earth like?

They don't exist. Please advise the map that I linked to back in this thread.

Then what is Middle Earth in the middle of? Can a middle exist without a left and a right?

Perhaps there is a Top Earth and a Bottom Earth, then?

Middle Earth was given its name because its the center of the realm of existence where all the races of Erü lives. Its between (in easier terms) Heaven and Hell.
Its the middle ground.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Do you agree with this assessment of the commonly considered "plot hole" that you should have just taken the eagles to Mordor?

Also, what do you think of the impersonator that did your voice? Not bad, right?

Gandalf The Boss

Do you agree with this assessment of the commonly considered "plot hole" that you should have just taken the eagles to Mordor?

Also, what do you think of the impersonator that did your voice? Not bad, right?

So many times have people asked me about the eagles. Sooo many times. I should really just show them that video. The eagles are a very proud race and do not induldge themselves in other peoples businesses the only reason why Gwaihir got me of Orthanc was because he owed my a favor. And yes. The eagles might be big and powerful. But Mordor was absolutely full of orcs and they do have bows. The eagle would not have a chance. And the guys doing my voice? 8/10.

Gandalf The Boss

As the new Hobbit movie is approaching which apparently is a big deal for you mortals I thought I'd give this thread a little nudge and let you know that Galadriel is not unconscious after a blow to the head (I suspect Bilbo) and it seem that we are getting closer to Valinor. But it looks like it still will be a while. So please. Anymore questions? I'm in the mood today.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts