Gaming Laptop or Dirt Bike

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dracan

Hey all,

I have been saving up my money for quite some time now and I have decided to buy one of the two things, a dirt bike or a good quality gaming laptop. I really like both, but I can only buy one. I need the laptop for a heavily modded play through with Skyrim. Also, if I get the dirt bike I would be able to afford a low quality laptop that won't be very good for modding Skyrim. So I was wandering, which should I get?

lizardisok

What did you buy!?

Did you do a pro and con list?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Morgan

Also don't underestimate the ability of lower-end computers to play Skyrim these days. Most mods don't actually add too much to the processing load. Anything that just overwrites item records (eg bug patches, weapon and armor fixes) shouldn't affect it at all, and most static texture replacers by only a little. The real processing drain comes when you start getting into ENBs or wanting everything to be sharp even on distant terrain. Avoid those, and you can play "heavily modded" Skyrim without it being any harder on your computer than the vanilla game.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
This is the biggest no-brainer ever...

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Imma vote dirt bike.

• Outside in rough terrain VS In your bedroom
  • Burning calories while having fun VS sitting on your arse
  • Adrenaline rush VS repeating an (awesome) game
  • Having great experiences with like-minded mates VS Sitting alone in a dark room
  • Training your whole body VS training your fingers
  • Pushing yourself to the limit VS pushing an animated character to the limit
  • Creating real memories VS creating easily deletable save files

Don't get me wrong, I love computer games, but I really think that people dont get out and have 'real' fun much anymore which is kinda sad. Just think, what would the Dragonborn do... sit reading a good book about adventures, or pick up his greatsword and go chop a dragons head off..? :p

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Imma vote dirt bike.

• Outside in rough terrain VS In your bedroom
  • Burning calories while having fun VS sitting on your arse
  • Adrenaline rush VS repeating an (awesome) game
  • Having great experiences with like-minded mates VS Sitting alone in a dark room
  • Training your whole body VS training your fingers
  • Pushing yourself to the limit VS pushing an animated character to the limit
  • Creating real memories VS creating easily deletable save files
Don't get me wrong, I love computer games, but I really think that people dont get out and have 'real' fun much anymore which is kinda sad. Just think, what would the Dragonborn do... sit reading a good book about adventures, or pick up his greatsword and go chop a dragons head off..? :p
How's about read a book and chop off a dragon's head at the same time? That would be me. Multi-tasking you know. :0

Twiffle

Easy, , , dirt bike,
If I had the money I'd buy one in a heart beat, , and I'm nearly 60yo

Latest posts