1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

PC Gamebreaking crashing in Skyrim: Special Edition

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by euleyr, Dec 30, 2017.

1. euleyr

euleyr New Member

These crashes are occurring in my game whether it is modded or not. It happens whenever I attempt to load anything revolving the continent of Skyrim (Solstheim is fine).
    I have tried many things, such as LOOT, reinstalling the game, verifying the integrity of the game cache, everything..., all to no avail.

#1 euleyr, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. alceryes

alceryes Member

When you reinstall, are you deleting the Skyrim folders under the Steam and Documents\My Games directories?
    If not, try fully uninstalling, deleting those directories, reinstalling, and, before making any .ini changes or adding mods, starting a new game.

Let us know how it goes.

3. euleyr

euleyr New Member

When I uninstalled skyrim I only uninstalled the steam folders, however deleting the folder in documents/my games did nothing, opening the game simply makes the file reappear and it continues to crash. Im going to try deleting absolutely everything again and see if that works.

4. alceryes

alceryes Member

Yes, they do get recreated but addition files from mods may still be present as well as .ini changes. These can cause issues - best to just delete everything and start fresh when you are having issues.