Game Crashes At Alchemy Tables

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kDAVR

While performing alchemy, the game starts to "hiccup." After completing my task the freezes get longer, about 10 seconds. When I exit (to Skyrim or a different location within a dungeon), or even when I save, the game crashes and I'm forced to reboot. This occurs within dungeons, my home in Whiterun, as well as any apothecary shop. Anytime and anywhere I decide to stop by an alchemy table.

I tried to replicate this while smithing, and enchanting and there were no issues. I didn't try while cooking, well, because I don't bother cooking anyways. I did try this both pre and post texture pack.

Win 7 64bit
Alienware M17xR3
8GB RAM
Intel i7-2820QM 2.3GHz
ATI Radeon 6900 series 2GB

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Are your graphics drivers up to date? Sounds like thee's some weird memory leak with the alchemy table. Do you have the latest patch?

And welcome to the forums!

kDAVR

Updating my drivers was the first thing I did, and yes the most recent patch also. The driver update did help with some lag i had in other areas, but the Alchemy crash still remains.

Thanks for the welcome!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'll try to do some research later about this. Do you have any mods installed?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Just wanted you to know I'm still looking to see if there's a record of anyone having similar issues. I don't want you to think I forgot about you :)

Today I'm tackling Bethsoft.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Have you tried verifying the integrity of the files on Steam?

Here's another test. If you hit the 'f' key, your camera should change from first to third person. It's a toggle. Can you try activating the table using whichever one you DON'T usually use? What is the result?

kDAVR

I tried it in both first person and third person view, and it still freezes. And as far as testing integrity with Steam... about that... Not using Steam. So I'm probably SOL because of that. This doesn't happen on my (paid for) 360 copy, I know that for sure though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts