Spoiler Future Skyrim DLC: Does it interest you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What would you mostly want to see in future Skyrim DLC?

• Total voters

Wuffles

Going away from what the Main package of the next DLC (i.e. vampire hunting in Dawnguard), I'd like to see extras (Like the new missions unrelated to the main dawnguard quest). In particular, More Khajiit and Argonians. Perhaps the next DLC will have something going on between the Dunmer and Argonians, or an expansion on the Khajiit caravans?

Wuffles

As of my posting, the Argonian option has a good 12.5%, that's a lot more than I thought it would be! I don't know where Werecrocodiles are detailed, but that just sounds incredibly sweet. I love how many people love and support the Argonians, I count myself among them. I'd have to start a new character if Werecrocodiles are released, and that would be awesome.

Personally, I think the Lycanthropy thing should be re-assesed. We've heard of several various were-beasts (Wolves, bears, Boars i think in one of the older games, Crocodiles as you say, vultures...) so would it be outside the realm of possibility to have your lycanthropy change due to your race, or some other as-yet-unnamed feature?

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Personally, I think the Lycanthropy thing should be re-assesed. We've heard of several various were-beasts (Wolves, bears, Boars i think in one of the older games, Crocodiles as you say, vultures...) so would it be outside the realm of possibility to have your lycanthropy change due to your race, or some other as-yet-unnamed feature?

There has been some serious rallying on the subject of lycanthropy. I love to imagine Hircine in his sanctuary, surrounded by not just Werewolves, but all manner of hulked-out beasts--a lycanthrope for every occasion! My Argonian is a vampire lord mainly because it would feel strange going from reptile to mammal. As soon as some lycanthropy-related DLC comes out, I'll be droppig everything to run across the street to the church of Hircine.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
How about make the next DLC free for PS3. You kinda owe us that much.

Rand Althor

Legionnaire
Another interesting idea for DLC would be to have your character manage a farm or some sort of property. I got the idea when playing Hearthfire, that it would be cool too not only be able to create a building, but also utilize it as a farm or even some sort of store/inn. Not only would add to the Sims-like experience that Hearthfire introduced but just imagine the amount of gold you'd be able to accumulate :)

Thodas

I'd like to see something involving Akavir. I think it would be great if a DLC could begin to introduce us to Akavir, it's races, and politics, and then have the next game based in Akavir, with those races as options for your character.

Wuffles

I'd like to see something involving Akavir. I think it would be great if a DLC could begin to introduce us to Akavir, it's races, and politics, and then have the next game based in Akavir, with those races as options for your character.

I agree. Kinda cruel to give us info about them and then leave us wanting. Although, that could be the setting for VI...

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
How so? The reason why PS3 didn't get the DLC until much later was because the PS3's software made it very difficult for Bethesda to write the code for the DLC correctly. Just be glad that you got it period.

Oh dear.
Considering it's their job to do it.
They should've forseen this problem and had it already solved before it occured.
Just the responsible thing to do. But what do I know?

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I would really like to explore the marshy fields of the Black Marsh and find out more about this mysterious race and about the Hist trees that are supposedly sentient beings themselves. Also, who knows what the Argonians will now do as they are no longer apart of the Empire, for all we know they could end up fighting the Empire AND the Thalmor.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
you could forge your own spiders, have falmer followers as well as rieklings, enter centurions as if they were exo skeletons and controll them, about the argonians, i love sea related quests, they should make the east empire company joinable again, and make you able to pillage the deep seas, or be a privateer for the high king (if you sided with someone in the civil war, then also, SLOADS! heck they would conjure sea monsters you would have to defeat or even tame with bend will against them, maybe someone who can change your race or they may actually introduce hybrids. can you imagine argonian/breton? being resistant to poison and magic, breathing under water, and if you could find a settlement of dwarves with rational falmer enslaved, and you could disguise yourself as an influent dwemer citizen, i wouldn't mind that
GOD SO MANY OPTIONS!

EricR

Hello again, forumers. It's been ages since the last(and only?) time I posted, to the extent that I embarrassingly forgot my username, since I use variations of it on the other forums I frequent. But I digress, on the matter of future DLC there is a lot of speculation that Dragonborn may have been Skyrim's swan song; however, I believe this to be incorrect based on a number of things beyond conjecture and rumour. Recently, Pete Hines posted on Twitter that he implicitly knew the reasoning behind the popularly enigmatic Bugs-in-a-jar, and although this may be linked to the next game or just a random bit of scenery, I have trouble believing that Bethesda would put such an oddly specific item in the game for the sake of its just being there, as well as that it seems an unlikely segue into anything for a future game. I also still support my past belief that there will be a resolution to the open ended Civil War, due to the fact that a retroactive continuity on something that major--although not unprecedented--would be unwise. The Warp in The West was the biggest RetCon(or I believe it's called a "Dragon Break" in Elder Scrolls terminology) in the Elder Scrolls to date, and the only reason it was made canonical was because there were few other ways to resolve its events for Morrowind's story. I highly, highly doubt that Bethesda would choose to repeat this, because if they had a way to resolve it more realistically and chose not to, it would be uncharacteristically lazy even by Bethesda's standards. The next DLC for Skyrim, although not necessarily Civil War related, will come eventually. And considering the release dates of the last three DLC(June, September, December), one can assume that the highly anticipated fourth DLC will be either 1)seriously big 2)announced and released shortly 3)relatively bug free due to the time spent on it and 4)an happy combination of all of preceding possibilities. I will enumerate more of my reasons for believing that there will be future DLC as i remember and organize them if you would collectively like that, otherwise I'll likely fade into obscurity once more until I've something else to say.

Thanks for reading,
-E

jonathan90

well known member
I think with the future DLC, I there will be 6 other instalments including the entire face all the countrey of the elders scrolls series, including..

hammerfell #
cyrodil # and of course all the other countries of this open world and many more. And will be placed on the same skyrim quest engine, and be must larger then the skyrim world all put together.

So, Dragonborn has been released, and with it, we get to explore Solstheim and FINALLY get to ride dragons! As for future DLC, several news articles that there will most likely be two more DLC's and that's it. This news comes from the the article found in this link.

Xbox 360 News: Bethesda brands Skyrim Snow Elf, Spear DLC rumours "a mix of half-truths and falsehoods" - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

Without giving a lot away, the next DLC will explore the beginnings of the Nords and Skyrim's culture, as well as the Snow Elves and yes, even the Dwarves. The last DLC will involve the choosing of a new King of Skyrim and the war against the elves.

Now, I find this to be quite fascinating. We might be looking at possibly finding out if there are more Snow Elves out there, what happened to the Dwarves, and how the Nords drove the Snow Elves underground. I'm also excited about crowning a new High King for SKyrim and finally sticking it to the Thalmor.

However, everyone has their own wishes and desires for what they would've liked in future DLC. I know that many of you to travel back to Cyrodiil, or explore Morrowing beyond just the island of Solstheim. As for me, what I would've liked to see above anything is actually something involving the Argonians. For me, the Argonians are my favorite race (I like playing as a lizard :D). I think the Argonians are very underrated, and I think that there isn't enough involving them in Skyrim. Sure, we have Gulum-Ei in the Thieves Guild and Veezara in the Dark Brotherhood, but what about beyond that? Veezara dies regardless of if you decide to join or destroy the Dark Brotherhood, another Argonian (Deekus) gets killed by you as part of a Dark Brotherhood contract, then there's "Lights Out!", which has you defeating Jaree-Ra, Deeja, and the rest of the Blackblood Marauders, and most of the rest of the Argonians are oppressed. They've been driven out of Windhelm because of Ulfric's distrust of outsiders because of the Thalmor, yet the elves are allowed in the city, and the Thalmor are elves, not Argonians. Other than Talen-Jei, Keerava, and Gulum-Ei, the Argonians have gotten the short end of the stick. And while some of you can argue that the Khajiit have it worse, I cannot deny that outside of modding, but the Khajiit have the Moonpath to Elsweyr mod. Not a lot of mods that really create something big for the Argonians.

For me, I'd have a DLC involving liberation for the Argonians, for starters. The Argonians have experience fighting off elves. They took control of Morrowind after the eruption of Red Mountain and defeated the Dunmer. If anything, I think if there's going to be a war with the Thalmor, the Argonians would be very useful allies. Another thing involving Argonians that has intrigued me is the mentioning of Werecrocodiles, which are apparently the Argonians' version of Lycanthropy. This really has me interested and I hope to see it in the future. Then you have various questlines involving the Argonians. For example, maybe there could be a quest involving helping the spirit of Thoricles Romus, who was tried and executed for the murder of Morihatha Septim. Maybe he could ask for your help in proving his innocence, and a plot involving someone high up in the Empire could be revealed.

Then, there's the obvious. The ability to travel to Black Marsh and a more Argonian-friendly Morrowind. You could encounter some very interesting creatures in Black Marsh, such as Nagas and the aforementioned Werecrocodiles. It would also add something new and different to the game, and would certainly pique my interest. Blacklight, the new capital of Morrowind, also isn't very far from Windhelm, and maybe there could be something involving joining sides between the Dunmer and the Argonians, which could even play into the DLC involving fighting against the Thalmor.

Then again, this is all just my imagination and what I would want to see from Bethesda as DLC for Skyrim. What would you want to see as DLC? I'd love to hear what all of you would like to see.

I would love to see more on the Snow Elves myself. The DLC in Skyrim really seemed to hint at their continued existence. And being as we don't know much about them. I think Bethesda could really play around a great deal with it's potential. Or so I hope.

Thodas

I'd also love an expansion of land, perhaps venturing into bordering countries as Dragonborn did.

I'd really like to see Wild Elves, and some story involving them.

Expanding on the Akavir idea. I think it would be great if the next game would be based there, but we could also do with a dlc that would introduce us to it. That way we get a taste, and some familiarity with Akavir, so that in a game based there we won't be completely shocked with the absence of the usual races.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
So, Dragonborn has been released, and with it, we get to explore Solstheim and FINALLY get to ride dragons! As for future DLC, several news articles that there will most likely be two more DLC's and that's it. This news comes from the the article found in this link.

Xbox 360 News: Bethesda brands Skyrim Snow Elf, Spear DLC rumours "a mix of half-truths and falsehoods" - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

Without giving a lot away, the next DLC will explore the beginnings of the Nords and Skyrim's culture, as well as the Snow Elves and yes, even the Dwarves. The last DLC will involve the choosing of a new King of Skyrim and the war against the elves.

Now, I find this to be quite fascinating. We might be looking at possibly finding out if there are more Snow Elves out there, what happened to the Dwarves, and how the Nords drove the Snow Elves underground. I'm also excited about crowning a new High King for SKyrim and finally sticking it to the Thalmor.

However, everyone has their own wishes and desires for what they would've liked in future DLC. I know that many of you to travel back to Cyrodiil, or explore Morrowing beyond just the island of Solstheim. As for me, what I would've liked to see above anything is actually something involving the Argonians. For me, the Argonians are my favorite race (I like playing as a lizard :D). I think the Argonians are very underrated, and I think that there isn't enough involving them in Skyrim. Sure, we have Gulum-Ei in the Thieves Guild and Veezara in the Dark Brotherhood, but what about beyond that? Veezara dies regardless of if you decide to join or destroy the Dark Brotherhood, another Argonian (Deekus) gets killed by you as part of a Dark Brotherhood contract, then there's "Lights Out!", which has you defeating Jaree-Ra, Deeja, and the rest of the Blackblood Marauders, and most of the rest of the Argonians are oppressed. They've been driven out of Windhelm because of Ulfric's distrust of outsiders because of the Thalmor, yet the elves are allowed in the city, and the Thalmor are elves, not Argonians. Other than Talen-Jei, Keerava, and Gulum-Ei, the Argonians have gotten the short end of the stick. And while some of you can argue that the Khajiit have it worse, I cannot deny that outside of modding, but the Khajiit have the Moonpath to Elsweyr mod. Not a lot of mods that really create something big for the Argonians.

For me, I'd have a DLC involving liberation for the Argonians, for starters. The Argonians have experience fighting off elves. They took control of Morrowind after the eruption of Red Mountain and defeated the Dunmer. If anything, I think if there's going to be a war with the Thalmor, the Argonians would be very useful allies. Another thing involving Argonians that has intrigued me is the mentioning of Werecrocodiles, which are apparently the Argonians' version of Lycanthropy. This really has me interested and I hope to see it in the future. Then you have various questlines involving the Argonians. For example, maybe there could be a quest involving helping the spirit of Thoricles Romus, who was tried and executed for the murder of Morihatha Septim. Maybe he could ask for your help in proving his innocence, and a plot involving someone high up in the Empire could be revealed.

Then, there's the obvious. The ability to travel to Black Marsh and a more Argonian-friendly Morrowind. You could encounter some very interesting creatures in Black Marsh, such as Nagas and the aforementioned Werecrocodiles. It would also add something new and different to the game, and would certainly pique my interest. Blacklight, the new capital of Morrowind, also isn't very far from Windhelm, and maybe there could be something involving joining sides between the Dunmer and the Argonians, which could even play into the DLC involving fighting against the Thalmor.

Then again, this is all just my imagination and what I would want to see from Bethesda as DLC for Skyrim. What would you want to see as DLC? I'd love to hear what all of you would like to see.
I really want to see something involving the dwarves. They are Skyrim's last real enigma as far as I'm concerned. Their technology is second to none and being as their ancient cities still dot the landscape i feel Bethesda has a real opportunity to make the ultimate DLC! Perhaps they could re-emerge and begin a vicious onslaught of destruction upon Skyrim. The Nords could unite, forgetting the civil war in order to save their homeland. All races could indeed unite to fight the common enemy, the Dwemer. New shouts would be essential, along with new armours and weapons. Immensely powerful dwarven artefacts could be the reward of certain quests. Even a option to betray the newly formed alliance and help the dwemer would be awesome. The possibilities here are quite endless really. Come on Bethesda, give the Skyrim universe what it really wants!!!!!!

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I am not familiar with the Elder Scroll before ES5 ( Skyrim ), but I would love to play another game ( Elder Scroll VI ) in which we could fight a war against Thalmor, Darwens and crown a new King. Whatever the story, I do hope Bethesda give us that game and I hope you could play it offline as we have been playing Skyrim.

Folkenstal

I'd love to explore a few more island or locations. I liked the idea of seeing Solstheim.
Actually I'm not a fan of DLCs, but for Skyrim it is just obvious that it can work well with them. So since I didn't finish the other add-ons I'd love to see more of the world.
Also the story behind the dwemer and other races faszinates me. They could do more in this direction.

EricR

Bethesda announced a few days ago that there would be no more DLC for Skyrim, and that they've reallocated the main development team that was formerly committed to Skyrim to the production of their next title(probably/hopefully Fallout 4). I've mixed feelings on this, because I feel that now Bethesda has stated that they've pretty much entirely finished with Skyrim, it leaves a lot to be desired with the game. There were so many features that could've easily implemented, so many story lines that could've been completed, so many loose ends that could've been tied happily, but now none of those will ever see fruition canonically. I'm loathe to say it, but it almost seems lazy to me. I always thought Skyrim seemed like it may have been released prematurely, and now I feel that it's been completed prematurely once more. When they start the lore for TES VI there's going to be a lot of extra work to be done connecting all the dots that loads of people would've paid loads of money to connect in game. I suppose I'm just disappointed that they stopped working on such a great game that had the potential to be the greatest game, even with all of its failings. I guess I'll have to buy the PC version eventually so I can continue my gameplay with fan made mods and expansions instead of official Bethesda DLC on my Xbox. Once again, sorry for the rant. My medication makes me far more loquacious than usual.

Thanks for reading(or skimming through it, more likely)
-E

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts