Spoiler Future Skyrim DLC: Does it interest you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What would you mostly want to see in future Skyrim DLC?

• Total voters

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Choices in previous quests, seemingly irrelevant ones as well, to have a greater impact on this DLC, previous DlC's included. So if the above major battles against the Thalmor were added, you may gain support or face opposition from NPC's you met in the past. So your actions in 'Dragonborn' may gain the support of House Redoran/Telvanni forces in the battle. If you sided with the Volkihar you may have a Vampire Lord helping in the battle, if you spared Sinding you may him fight in beast form. It'd add greater depth to the actions of the Dragonborn, making you feel more involved. Oh and more Argonian NPC's

DLCs. Can't. Interact.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
DLCs. Can't. Interact.
I meant for it to be mostly affected by the vanilla game, but I couldn't think of any decent examples.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I meant for it to be mostly affected by the vanilla game, but I couldn't think of any decent examples.

Oh, ok. I doubt this'll happen, but something like leading the companions / theive's guild / college / dark brotherhood into battle would be cool.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Boss battles to have their own separate themes as well. I was annoyed that Alduin just had normal combat music for me.

WilyCrow

I like the sound of the new DLC, and am looking forward to playing it soon. I'd love to see more Khajits, and a trip to Elsweyr would be fantastic sometime.

Travelling back to the Shivering Isles could also be extremely cool...

FlickerWick

El. Psy. Congroo.
I'd like to see a 'booster pack' type DLC. More NPCs, more quests, more areas, more features and so on all added to the already existing province of Skyrim. I'd like to see the spawn points for world events shifted about, new caves added here and there, more secret treasure chests, the occasional forest trap door leading to hideouts, portable bed rolls/campsites...yeah. :p

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I'd like to see a 'booster pack' type DLC. More NPCs, more quests, more areas, more features and so on all added to the already existing province of Skyrim. I'd like to see the spawn points for world events shifted about, new caves added here and there, more secret treasure chests, the occasional forest trap door leading to hideouts, portable bed rolls/campsites...yeah. :p

They won't do this. It would be boring, hard to market, and difficult to start. "Where is the new stuff", etc.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Yes, but for that much we won't be discovering much really. Hearthfire was 400MP / $5 and it only added three locations to the game. I would be for a small DLC that adds some new weapons, armor, enemies, and locations, but it won't do for a major DLC like Dawnguard or Dragonborn.

Hale Loneshadow

Personally (and this is my opinion of course), I think it's high time they made a DLC to further expand the "aftermath" of whatever path you chose (Imperials vs. Stormcloaks-wise). Crowning a new high king, going into all-out war with the Thalmor and maybe even invading the Summerset Isles.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Personally (and this is my opinion of course), I think it's high time they made a DLC to further expand the "aftermath" of whatever path you chose (Imperials vs. Stormcloaks-wise). Crowning a new high king, going into all-out war with the Thalmor and maybe even invading the Summerset Isles.

I expect that this will be the final DLC. If Bethesda is doing four or more major DLC for Skyrim then we'll get some fun stuff in between. I'm sorry, but, while I'm sure it'll be fun, I can't see how a Thalmor War DLC will incorporate the (literal) magic that TES lives on. How will there be ancient ruins or magic rituals in a boring war fought solely with sword & shield? There can only be so many quests to find the Jagged Crown.

Hale Loneshadow

Glad someone at least agrees with me! And Haru17, why do you think they won't stop making major DLC's if there's money to be made?! It's business man. While I'm positive a TES: V is in the works, Bethesda knows there's still money to be made, and that many people are hankering for some answers as to the High King bit and the whole deal with the Thalmor. Boring war you say? What's to say they can't find a way to incorporate "ancient ruins and magical rituals"? They're pretty creative people...

Hale Loneshadow

Oh, and the choosing a High King doesn't have to be boring, mate. They could probably do a whole Game of Thrones-type of deal, where some Jarls support one and some support another and they have some conflict and such. They can easily add ancient ruin-based quests and sidequests for that.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Glad someone at least agrees with me! And Haru17, why do you think they won't stop making major DLC's if there's money to be made?! It's business man. While I'm positive a TES: V is in the works, Bethesda knows there's still money to be made, and that many people are hankering for some answers as to the High King bit and the whole deal with the Thalmor. Boring war you say? What's to say they can't find a way to incorporate "ancient ruins and magical rituals"? They're pretty creative people...

I never said that Bethesda would stop at a given point. I'll buy & play Skyrim DLC until TES: 6 comes out. I haven't seen statistics as to the DLCs sales, but the general concensus / mood that I've seen around is that Skyrim would get at least three and as many as five major DLCs, not counting Hearthfire and mounted combat-type content.

I would gladly purchase whatever number of DLC Bethesda produces for Skyrim. I just think that a nation-wide falmer uprising or a wilderness / hunter themed DLC concerning Kyne and Hircine would be cooler than a Thalmor war DLC. This DLC is inevitable, but it'll have to be much more interesting than the vanilla civil war quests to satisfy me. They kinda sucked.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Oh, and the choosing a High King doesn't have to be boring, mate. They could probably do a whole Game of Thrones-type of deal, where some Jarls support one and some support another and they have some conflict and such. They can easily add ancient ruin-based quests and sidequests for that.

Politics is very interesting, I would look at the "Season Unending" quest to inform oneself about what this power struggle would look like. The Dragonborn becoming the emperor would make an interesting lore development.

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
as a khajiit fan I'd love to explore Elsweyr the most!
black marsh seems cool too, and seeing what happened involving the dwarves would be really interesting.

jarif

last dlc? i dont want a ''last dlc'' i mean therese so much more to do:) like everything listed above

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts