1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Fun things to do on Skyrim when bored

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Dragon, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Dragon Level 81 Legendary Frost Dragon

Message Count:
    post your fun things to do in skyrim
  2. EleanorUnicorn Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Saving then going on a killing spree and seeing how long I can survive for :) Also, exploring places I haven't explored, doing quests I haven't done, and you can't go wrong with a good giant/dragon fight :)
  3. Dragon Level 81 Legendary Frost Dragon

Message Count:
    I Like doing that too but as a Werewolf its a massacre
  4. sticky runes Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    lap dance for the jarl.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. StormcloakAssassin Member

Message Count:
    I like to roam the wilds of Skyrim, just to see what kind of trouble I can get myself into :)
  6. Dragon Level 81 Legendary Frost Dragon

Message Count:
    i did that at the start ran into a WISPMOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i suggest u dont do that
    Naginata and cebo like this.
  7. Oren74 Active Member

Message Count:
    Unrelenting force. Dragonreach main hall. Good times.

Otherwise, just roaming around outside looking for random locations. Just when you think you found them all, you run into something you've never seen.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. StormcloakAssassin Member

Message Count:
    Ooh i hate thoseee i met my first one in Blackreach that wasnt fun :p
  9. Saozig Hippy

Message Count:

Yeah, I'll do that too. I love finding things I haven't before, or hard-to-find- things that maybe my 1st or 2nd character found but haven't seen since. And there's a number of secondary locations (stuff that won't be marked on your map) I haven't found yet, I'm quite sure. I *just* found the
    and I'm on my 6th character!
  10. sticky runes Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    If I'm in a "fluff it let's go wandering" mood, then I'll look for a large area on my map that doesn't have any marks on it, fast travel to the nearest location, and go check it out. I keep my eyes peeled for any unusual icons on my navigator bar and walk towards them. This is normally how I find the bonus stones (I rarely activate them, though) This is also how I tend to meet the old orc fighting wild beasts who wants a glorious death, but he always gets killed off by my follower when this happens.

Another thing I'm thinking of doing with my first character, who I still play with, is becoming a murderer. You see, I have a few quests that I have completed, but they seem to be bugged and still show up on my journal as unfinished, so I might just go and kill the characters involved with those quests in order to declutter my quest journal (hopefully get a 'failed' message).
    Naginata and Raven like this.
  11. Ned Nerevarine

Message Count:
    I like to mess around with different pieces of armor and try to further customize my look. I probably have 4 or 5 different sets of completely max smithed and enchanted armor that I can put on and maintain damage max and armor cap. I have like 5 different weapons. I also like to rearrange my house and sort through my troves of loot.
  12. Soloquendi Pastor of Muppets

Message Count:
    Scroll of frenzy + Honorhall Orphanage = Fun
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. shinobiJP Shadows Preserve You

Message Count:
    I kind of like walking the various roads of Skyrim and seeing what Random Encounters I happen upon.
    A nice chat with Maiq is never wrong.
    Naginata and Soloquendi like this.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dragon Level 81 Legendary Frost Dragon

Message Count:
    ooh i have one umm uhhh wheres rorikstead wait wrong forum um killing all the guards stealthily and sliceing the jarl of whiterun
  15. 272Hero New Member

Message Count:
    Started a new character called bernie the boxing orc,

He is a raging alcholic and has since completed the main story using only his fists whilst wasted on mead.
    Soloquendi likes this.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. PoisonPen Member

Message Count:
    Turn off my computer, walk down to the river, sit on a bench, and smoke my pipe while feeding the birds or watching the boats.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Clau The Fateless One

Message Count:
    For the PS3, I usually go cliff diving with the landing spot being water with significant depth so as not to make the jump suicidal. It is a bit of adrenalin rush and it feels a bit rewarding considering how much time you spend either bunny hopping up the terrain or finding the trail towards the cliff's end.

Used to do cliff diving in Okinawa, Puerto Rico and Palawan (Philippines).
    Naginata likes this.
  18. MOROKEI New Member

Message Count:
    Definitely get the telekinesis spell (if you've got decent alteration skill) and blast random townsfolk with magical flying cabbages.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Michaelgamet Member

Message Count:
    set your magicka up and get a master illusion "Mayhem" and set it on Solitude... while hidden....
  20. DalenHill New Member

Message Count:
    Sometimes, when I get bored of doing quests(especially the long ones), I just go into a killing spree. And my favorite enemy? The Giants. Just get out of Whiterun, wait a few days, and go to every giant camp that you see on your compass. It may be not THAT fun, but it's good to pass your time.

Also, putting the game's difficulty on Master, and even downloading some mods to make the game harder, to make you feel like you're in hell, can help you pass a random night.

The best alternative, of course, is to download ''Mission Mods''. Some of them are extremely hard, and you'll probably take hours to beat them, and some modders are creative and respectful.

Such a shame that I got banned from Nexus /: