• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
They are hard to come by, since most of the giants attack you on seight. But these two where very friendly. Could it be that i helped them slay a dragon?

foto0016i.jpg

foto0022cw.jpg

MyNameIsJon

They are hard to come by, since most of the giants attack you on seight.

The wandering giants don't attack on sight, which I find annoying. Several times, I've waited along the road watching a wondering giant intersect a party of imperial soldiers. I wanted to see what would happen, but nothing did.

Disappointing.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Very strange that you posted this as I recently had a very strange encounter with them (well 2 actually). On my first playthrough they were always hostile at close range. Even if we both killed a dragon, they would then turn on me. With my new character I was attacked (at a low level) by ice wraiths and one turned up near a camp and helped me out. I thought I was screwed as I was encumbered but he just beat his chest and I backed away slowly, no problem. Soon after I was attacked by 3 wolves and he turned up again, helping me kill them, this time he didn't beat his chest and I could walk right up to him without him turning hostile. Eventually, he just wandered off. It was very cool. Unscripted Skyrim moments are the best.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
The wandering giants don't attack on sight, which I find annoying. Several times, I've waited along the road watching a wondering giant intersect a party of imperial soldiers. I wanted to see what would happen, but nothing did.

Disappointing.
Use fury spells/poisons. In some cases I've had giants wander into Stormcloak camps and the Stormcloaks only win by having essentials

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I come across many Giants, all they do is pull out their clubs if you walk towards them.

GayGoblin

I'm the One who Stole Your Sweetroll
I'm going to try this.

It seems that they don't give up chase very easily. Most animals/hostiles/etc stop chasing you after you get so far, but giants... well, they apparently don't care how far they have to travel; you made them mad, you will diiiiiiiie!

Korwin

It seems that they don't give up chase very easily. Most animals/hostiles/etc stop chasing you after you get so far, but giants... well, they apparently don't care how far they have to travel; you made them mad, you will diiiiiiiie!
Unless you know the Giant's secret! I know what he's afraid of!!!! HA Ha Ha Ha hA!!!!

GayGoblin

I'm the One who Stole Your Sweetroll
OOOooooooo! I hadn't thought of that.

I think giants aren't really protective of their mammoths - they are just afraid of tripping (c'mon, it is a long way down! Coming from a tall person!!) and us little... things... are always trippin' them. That's the real reason they get mad when we get too close. Personal space invasion.

Clau

The Fateless One
This reminds me of the time wherein I fled from fighting a scavenger as that fiend was too much. Run up to a giant and to my surprise, the giant sided with me and killed the scavenger. I thought it will turn hostile, but it did not. I have hunted giants before out of bounty, but that episode had me walked away with some sense of a newfound respect with these beings.

HelloMyNameIsEd

He-Who-Killed-Ulfric-Stormcloak-With-A-Broom
I met friendly Giants that saved me from a dragon once. I later found their camp, and dropped by to say hello.

5 seconds later, the Giants launched Skyrim's first reptilian satellite.

Koda

The lollygagger who stole your sweetroll
Found a "friendly" giant (think hes just sad his mammoth is dead). you can walk right up to him and all he does is stand there next to the dead mammoth or look down at you.
Hes northeast of mistwatch

Last edited:

sticky runes

Yeah the giant standing in the volcanic area near the dead mammoth will not attack you, but he will fight any hostile creatures that get close.

I saw a giant threatening Elisif the Fair when I was following her to the peace treaty. She walked quite close to a giant that was wandering and he shook his club at her, but she ignored him and he turned around and carried on walking after she was a respectful distance.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Giants are hostile? Never had that problem. If I don't attack them, they don't attack me. They just pretty much ignore me.

What are you doing to those poor giants that makes them aggro you all the time?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I huddled around their bonfire in Secunda's Kiss to wait out a blizzard once, and they helped me fight off waves of Draugr and undead Cursed Ones while I steadily froze to death. They died in the battle, and I was forced to flee to the nearby watchtower to get out of the blizzard.

Basically their camps are the only safe places to camp with my mods installed, otherwise you'll get swarmed by an almost endless onslaught of insanity. Assuming you don't freeze to death first.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts