Forum Penpal System!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Melee

I'm back, bitches
Hello all!

While discussing letters and postcards in the Shoutbox earlier, an exciting idea dawned on me: we should totally set up some kind of forum penpal system! I know I'm not the only one who has become close friends with tons of lovely people who populate the site, and while being Facebook friends is nice, I think sending physical letters or postcards to some of these people would be LOADS of fun! Plus, who wouldn't love getting mail from friends? I know that I would!

Now obviously, everyone will need to take precautions and be careful about giving out your address and personal information. That's why I'll be laying down some ground rules here!

Here's the basics of what will happen:

1. You will post your willingness to take part in the FPS (yay acronyms) in this thread. Once you see someone else that you would like to send a letter or postcard to, you will send them a PM expressing your interest to them.

I want to make it very clear that although you choose to take part in this, you are in no way obligated to mail someone you do not know/are not comfortable giving your address to/don't really want to mail. YOU RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE MAILING CONTACT AT ANY TIME. If you send someone a message about communicating and the other individual tells you they don't want to take part, DO NOT PESTER THEM OR CONTINUE TO SEND THEM MESSAGES. Respect their privacy and decision. This system is about doing something fun with friends, not creating uncomfortable situations or hassling people. So don't do it.

2. Once you see someone you know/want to mail post their interest in the thread, send them a PM asking if they would like to take part in mailing. If they agree, awesome! You can PM each other your addresses and get to figuring out which awesome postcard you're going to send.

If they do NOT agree, then ACCEPT IT AND DROP THE SUBJECT. Like I said before, this is meant to be fun! Don't take offense and just wait for someone else to either message you or post in this thread.

3. Write your letter, slap a stamp on the envelope/postcard, and drop it in a mailbox! You've now officially started your first Forum Penpal exchange! Wait for your friend's letter in the mail, and let the good times roll!

IF AT ANY POINT you decide you would like to stop receiving mail, make sure to let your penpal know. Whether it's through the PM or through this thread (by editing your original post), it's only common courtesy! Don't leave the other person to wonder what happened.

Also, feel free to exchange letters with as many people as you want/are comfortable with! The forum is your oyster, and there's no rules here placing a restriction on how many people you can take part in the FPS with. It's all up to you!

Also, consider this starting post as my statement of interest in taking part in the Forum Penpal System! Send me yo letters!

Now get out there, make some penpals, and most importantly, have fun!

Obvious end disclaimer: Do not give your address or personal information out to people you do not know or are not comfortable with. This is the internet, so take proper precautions before engaging in communications with anyone. Stay safe!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I'm in!

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I'm just gonna say, Hell, why not!! Might be kinda fun. Anyone who wants to exchange letters with the RedNeK can do so!

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Eh, what the hell? Sure.

I'll have to indicate when I'll be able to receive and send mail, though. It isn't all year.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
I'm so excited that this is taking off. :D Start contacting each other, peeps!

Also I haven't been getting notifications for replies to this thread. D= Stupid forum.

JoeReese

I'm already penpals with the landlord, the electric company, the gas works, the water department, the tax assessor, the...

Melee

I'm back, bitches
Yeah but Joe this is FUN mail.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
Joe that should have sold you to the idea already! Get your priorities straight, man!

A.Auditore

maybe...
hmmmm >_> does I wanna?

Melee

I'm back, bitches
Ash, you totally wanna. >>

And Joe I'm going to take your vague and unrelated comments as participation approval. :D EVERYONE BOMBARD JOE WITH MAIL. But not spiders. That's mean.

A.Auditore

maybe...
I would, I totally would but I don't need to have something to argue with the spouse on why "random" people have my address etc etc etc and in all honesty I don't want to deal with it

but the idea is nice, I actually miss writing actually writing letters

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts