Fortify base stat or regen % ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Which is better , Fortify Magicka +50 points or Magicka Regen 50% ?
Fortify Health +50 or 25% Health Regen ?
Fortify Stamina +50 or 25% Stamina Regen ?
Would your character build make a difference in your choice ?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I think having a higher base stat trumps a faster regen rate. Not only does it allow you to do or survive more but higher stats will naturally regenerate faster than lower ones since I'm pretty sure they regen a percentage of the total stat. So the larger it is, the more you get back over time.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Depends.

For regeneration, magicka is better: If you were a battlemage, 50% faster magicka regeneration would 'trump' +50 magicka. My reason is while you are out of magicka you can swing your weapon around while recharging magicka. Then when you have magicka, you heal yourself.

For extra stats health or stamina is better: If you were an assassin or warrior, your high stamina(warrior and assassin) can help you with duel-wielding, sprinting, or two-handed weapons. But when a warrior has high health, he or she, including the heavy armor they're supposed to be wearing, is a tank.

So it depends on the person's build or strategy.

Isbiten

Know this is an kinda an old thread.
BUT, I enchanted my Ring/Necklace with Health Regen.
I got the console open and wrote "player.getav healrate" and it still says 0.70.

So either I'm using the wrong command or it's just not working? I'm guessing the first one.

Adam Warlock

Not a pc user(xbox) , but if the Health Regen% is showing in Active Effects on the Magic Menu I presume it`s working for me.

Ritterkreuz

I always go with regen for Magicka and Stamina. For Health one could argue either way, but again I tend to go with regen.

Adam Warlock

No real consensus
agree that for a tank character health/stamina stats outweigh regen% because healthregen% is reduced while in combat and stamina doesn`t regen while you`re swinging your weapon

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts